Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So last week was Light-skinned. This week another black skin tone was mentioned, chocolate.

I had a different take then yall. This show had indirect pedo vibes. The chocolate part also had me thinking r kelly, chocalate factory, can't protect kids type vibes.

But I get the Tyler Perry part yall saying.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So last week was Light-skinned. This week another black skin tone was mentioned, chocolate.

I had a different take then yall. This show had indirect pedo vibes. The chocolate part also had me thinking r kelly, chocalate factory, can't protect kids type vibes.

But I get the Tyler Perry part yall saying.

This is one 100% skewering Tyler Perry but that doesn’t mean the R.Kelly angle isn’t a significant undercurrent when it comes to the manipulation and exploitation of children.

But instead of pedophilia it was TALENT that Kirkwood Chocolate wanted to exploit from Lottie. Lottie had natural stage presence, which is extremely rare for most child actors, its why many of the best are used and then discarded as they grow older; because rarely does childhood charm translate into adult success. Notice how chocolate’s offer was “six seasons of a kids show. She’ll be financially secure UNTIL she turns 20”. If Lottie is roughly 7 years old at this point, then she’d be 13 when the series ended. Putting her into the “Teen Nick/Disney” category. At that point Chocolate could reexamine her career and potential and either move her into the teen star ranks or drop her and be able to say he gave her a start. He’s running a machine. One that sacrifices art for cold, brutal efficiency and maximizes EVERYTHING thats good about a performer for low brow, low tier product.

The commentary regarding this episode of satire is that exploitation takes many faces, not just the ones we recognize outright (like sex scandals). Actors, writers, and directors are oftentimes so desperate for an opportunity that they’ll allow themselves to be worked into the ground for something thats ultimately not worth their talent. Everyone was so happy to be contributing to black art that they never actually stood back and EXAMINED the art they were making. The young woman on set was directing TWO pilot episodes and Starring in a third, all on the SAME day! Thats ludicrous. But she put her heart and soul into it because she was desperate not to “waste” her chance. Chocolate didn’t have to be utilizing his power over in a forced sexual way to be exploiting her. He simply had to dangle the carrot that was “being put on” and watch the horses gallop off to the races.

This was a really deep episode. One of my favorites

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is one 100% skewering Tyler Perry but that doesn’t mean the R.Kelly angle isn’t a significant undercurrent when it comes to the manipulation and exploitation of children.

But instead of pedophilia it was TALENT that Kirkwood Chocolate wanted to exploit from Lottie. Lottie had natural stage presence, which is extremely rare for most child actors, its why many of the best are used and then discarded as they grow older; because rarely does childhood charm translate into adult success. Notice how chocolate’s offer was “six seasons of a kids show. She’ll be financially secure UNTIL she turns 20”. If Lottie is roughly 7 years old at this point, then she’d be 13 when the series ended. Putting her into the “Teen Nick/Disney” category. At that point Chocolate could reexamine her career and potential and either move her into the teen star ranks or drop her and be able to say he gave her a start. He’s running a machine. One that sacrifices art for cold, brutal efficiency and maximizes EVERYTHING thats good about a performer for low brow, low tier product.

The commentary regarding this episode of satire is that exploitation takes many faces, not just the ones we recognize outright (like sex scandals). Actors, writers, and directors are oftentimes so desperate for an opportunity that they’ll allow themselves to be worked into the ground for something thats ultimately not worth their talent. Everyone was so happy to be contributing to black art that they never actually stood back and EXAMINED the art they were making. The young woman on set was directing TWO pilot episodes and Starring in a third, all on the SAME day! Thats ludicrous. But she put her heart and soul into it because she was desperate not to “waste” her chance. Chocolate didn’t have to be utilizing his power over in a forced sexual way to be exploiting her. He simply had to dangle the carrot that was “being put on” and watch the horses gallop off to the races.

This was a really deep episode. One of my favorites
This def makes sense.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
The WHAT
full

Its not the finale
I coulda swore I saw a commercial last week saying it was. Must've been for something else

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Great episode. I thought they were going to an amusement park initially but it was too early for that. Then I saw the lot and posters. Single Father and the Ain't Crazy series :skip: Wonder if they shot this at Tyler Perry Studios.

Van was looking right :lolbron:

Lottie's character reminded me of Kady from My Wife and Kids, they both had natural charisma (Parker McKenna Posey had to grow into it).

"Would you like a grit?" I knew it was Donald as soon as he said that. "We'll fix it in post" is hilarious because its mainly used for editing sound and visuals LOL. Couldn't help but think of the countless Disney Channel actors/actresses when Mr Chocolate made that offer. I visit Wiki here and there to check on actors/actresses from my favorite childhood shows and movies and majority are out of the business by the time they enter their 20s (they did a ton of voice-acting though), just like Mr Chocolate said.