Daps
ok now I see why this thread jumped so many pages lol…2nd ep was masterful

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hey man, thank you for engaging in this discussion with me. I hope I didn't come off too argumentative, I may, or may not have, been drinking. It was cool to get a different perspective on the show. Thank you again, and continued success to you

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really think it says something about how we’ve been conditioned to value white tears over black triumph.

Earn not being able to go to Princeton and gain that closure was a reopening of SEVERE trauma for him. Moreover it ruined a chance for Earn to further connect and progress his relationship with Van and Lottie. His SKIN COLOR directly caused another human being to purposefully re-inflict emotional pain and suffering on him.

So Earn gets even utilizing his money as the great equalizer and its “fukked up”, “diabolocial”, and Earn is a “sociopath”. Because again, we’ve been conditioned that fukked up shyt happens to black men and no matter what, we’re supposed to just grin and bare it but when we strike back (something that is natural for every other race) its “overboard”.

Yup. And even then, Earn was targeted to the point that he felt the need to leave college. Which pretty much fukked up his life for years.

That white woman will be okay.