Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They were put off because again, nobody understands the depths of Earn’s pain and trauma OR its root cause except now for the therapist. For them it was A). Just a trip for Earn to be on a panel and B). Casual racism that black men are faces with everyday. We’ve been conditioned that the LITTLE shyt is bearable and not worthy of brooding over because so often racism can end up much much WORSE for black men that we’re supposed to brush it off. For Darius and Alfred that would’ve been something to simply charge to the game.

How the Therapist would’ve reacted is a matter of debate as we’ve only “known” him for the duration of this episode only, but considering the fact that its his job to understand that people aren’t perfect and he understands the depths of Earn’s trauma, i’d be willing to bet he’d act with more UNDERSTANDING than either Darius or Alfred, who it should also be pointed out, were clowning and belittling him at the beginning of the episode for seeking therapy in the first place.
I apologize, I am just kind of unsure of what your point might be. Are you saying that because of whatever his trauma might be, that this was a normal reaction? He was broadcasting her life falling apart in real time in a bar, where he was hosting the actors that helped him do it. Justified or not, that is not normal. I'm not arguing whether or not he was justified, I'm just saying it is insane. Which was the whole point of the last scene. He even said, "I need to go back to therapy."

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
They really made a whole episode about wheelchair karen

5ecfc6431918246ffb5730c4

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
White woman ruined his chance for emotional closure at Princeton and to start anew with Van and his daughter.

He ruined White woman’s entire life.

Even exchange

Good shyt Earn

Atlanta is the greatest series of the modern era

I enjoyed tonight’s episode.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I thought I could be petty, but Earn - goddamn :laff: :laff: :laff:

The most elaborate of long cons, but she decided to act a fool for nothing when he was trying to get to Princeton. The fact that they were heading to Sesame Place, with their daughter where more anti-Black bullshyt was waiting for them too :francis:

The woman's story was mad :mjpls: on the low, though. Felt like a Jan 6th metaphor - especially the bit with all the horses ganging up to kick down the shed. :skip:

It hits different when you think how powerless Earn was, in Europe, for all of last season, as well.

Last edited:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah you don’t disclose childhood abuse to one of “the homies”.

Earn also had never spoken of what happened at Princeton to ANYBODY. Not Alfred. Van. Even his own parents. He ain’t gonna disclose that to a “homeboy”

Those were real therapy sessions from a black man who is truly attempting to better himself for the benefit of his child, girlfriend, and himself.
Plus the Therapist knew about Earn being abused by a relative as a child, which is another part of his past that he probably hasn’t shared with anyone like the Princeton expulsion.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This Whitney movie better hit on the Bobby and drug years :ufdup:
Her family are producers. You know they skipping the dirt and will probably throw Bobby under the bus even though we know now that Whitney wasn't the angel she was presented to be in public.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
white people and their desire to have their dog everywhere they go
nikka yes.

As a bruh who traveled out of Hartsfield 75% of the year for 16 years, the evolution in this dog shyt has me FURIOUS. Especially at the airport. You give mufukkaz an inch and they always take a mile, especially white people. This dog foolishness has gotten out of control. Last flight I was on in the summer, we deplaning and I see a trail of shyt in the jetway. Some nasty bytch dog shyt and she didn't even clean it up. And of course it was a cac :scust:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Episode 2 could’ve been called “The Levels Of Karens”

White woman lusts after black male bodies (the EMT at the beginning of the ep) loves black music (listening to Ciara while working on her manuscript) and laughs with her friend over her friends fantasies of romancing a member of the rap group Outkast (or both of them) but at the end of the day she cannot let go of her own ingrained racism to allow a black man and his family on a plane.
You need to do the breakdowns cause this is spot on fam.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Eh, we had an episode in season 2 where everyone was shytting on him, he wanted to get back at people but couldn't.

Few years later he's got a roster of talent, driving the foreign, got a condo he's redecorating even though he's about to take a big job in LA, he's definitely going to be getting back at people.

The get back is definitely exaggerated for comedic purposes, but Earn being on some "Aight, bet" type shyt when someone goes out of their way to wrong him seems normal, especially given his power now.

money don't change people, it just makes them more of who they are

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
The JenCare in East Point :ehh:
How the heck do you get lost in Atlantic Station :mjlol:
Love the honesty built up between Earn and Van, that's kinda refreshing :ehh:
HAHA...Mulan? Oh shyt, that worked...:pachaha:
health problems manifesting from stress :ehh:
you should listen to your body, it's smarter than you think :obama::ufdup:
this therapist knows his biz :ehh:
Princeton revelations :snoop:
Tracy :mjlol:
Hartsfield games :francis:
these people and their dog fixations :snoop:

re: the depths of petty...schadenfreude fills no bellies. Forward ever. :francis::hubie: