200.gif
:stopitslime:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So two take aways from this thread:

1. Some people in here must be connected to the show cause I remember reading predictions that were 100% spot on :gucci:

Although nobody “died” :hubie:

And 2. I need to watch Dave now because it’s the closest thing to Atlanta :manny:

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
So two take aways from this thread:

1. Some people in here must be connected to the show cause I remember reading predictions that were 100% spot on :gucci:

Although nobody “died” :hubie:

And 2. I need to watch Dave now because it’s the closest thing to Atlanta :manny:
I seen maybe 2 episodes and they talk about dikk too much for me ….but to each it’s own

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need to watch Dave now because it’s the closest thing to Atlanta

if you go in with that mindset then you may not enjoy the show as much…they have some surface-level similarities but are two different types of shows when you honestly compare them

dave is not as deep as it pretends to be at times although there are some genuine intense, serious moments…but the few attempts at being surreal are mostly lazy, hackneyed dream sequences…it’s a good show worth watching even tho I cannot stand the main character and how much awkward whiteness he embodies…gator is a dope character tho…first season is definitely worth the watch…I didn’t enjoy the 2nd season as much to the point that I more than likely will not watch a 3rd…also there’s A LOT of “frat boy” humor/jokes ie borderline gay shenanigans and such

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you go in with that mindset then you may not enjoy the show as much…they have some surface-level similarities but are two different types of shows when you honestly compare them

dave is not as deep as it pretends to be at times although there are truly some intense, serious moments…but the few attempts at being surreal are mostly lazy, hackneyed dream sequences…it’s a good show worth watching even tho I cannot stand the main character and how much awkward whiteness he embodies…gator is a dope character tho…first season is definitely worth the watch…I didn’t enjoy the 2nd season as much to the point that I more than likely will not watch the 3rd…also there’s A LOT of “frat boy” humor/jokes ie borderline gay shenanigans and such

I’m just trying to figure out how lil dikky got his own show and why people watch it in the first place :manny:

On reason I maybe might like it is cause Taco is in it and I was a big OF fan. :heh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m just trying to figure out how lil dikky got his own show and why people watch it in the first place :manny:

On reason I maybe might like it is cause Taco is in it and I was a big OF fan. :heh:

it’s funny with a decent amount of drama as well…but yeah I’m not a fan of dude’s music at all and had zero intention of watching it, but there were a lot of favorable comments in the season one thread that made me decide to give it a fair chance…but it’s a far more “linear” viewing experience than ‘atlanta’…the comparisons mostly come from them being two shows that blur the line between comedy and drama (I hate the phrase dramedy so I tried not to use it) that revolve around aspiring rappers and their small group of friends/loved ones…you should be able to determine early on if some of the humor is for you or not…some tapped out early, and some tolerated it and were still able to enjoy the show…and for others it didn’t bother them at all

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This show was (that's weird to write, "was") incredibly special and something I will appreciate for the rest of my life for existing. You know how it's a few albums, shows, movies, comics, that just lock down a moment or feeling? This did that perfectly for what it feels like to be black. From the moment they joked about the lemon pepper WET, to "the price is on the can tho", Bibby doin everything BUT cut Al's hair (lol), Blueblood being an send off of the late and great MF DOOM, the in jokes, all of that! I will miss this show but I am glad it got to end on it's terms. I hella appreciate that ending, absolutely beautiful, it was hopeful and that is lacking in a lot of these kinds of shows.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And i think that's what Donald wanted to do. Because the smile could have been Darius realizing that he was in reality but at the same time it could be him at peace of mind at knowing none of this is real. What really makes me think it was all a dream is the scene where he saves them he just pops up out of nowhere knowing they were in distress when he was supposed to be meeting them for food. Wouldn't he have had to try to get in the door first to know that they were in danger?
If all of it was real and Darius just thought he was in a dream, he was doing whatever by that point. Dude had already stolen a pink Maserati, stopped at Popeye's, him punching a dude for no reason other than "I'm dreaming anyway" makes sense
I meant to say this earlier, but Van is looking GOODT!
When she stood up at the restaurant:whoo:
Have you ever broke down how Al and Darius have to be gay. They never have no hoes, they always lived together, when Darius was dreaming he asked how his mom and dad is doing; he must don't speak to them because Africans parents ain't fukking with the gay shyt, and his brother told him " I don't want you in here I want you out there with your friend" which can mean in here= in the closet and out there out the closet. Darius was a bit to geek to kiss another man plus he have blonde hair and stole a pink fukking car.
One of the episodes in season 1 Al has a chick over, Earn calls her the wrong name and she gives Al the
full
and Al gives Earn the:gucci:

And even Darius had this moment at the club staring a girl down.

Last edited: