Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Resonated with me because when I was that age and made the move from private school to middle school, I was kinda like Earn. Not FUBU but wanting J’s, Ralph or Tommy or whatever was in style at the time. My folks wasn’t having it and would send my ass to go shop downtown at spots I knew was selling look a likes lol… Pushed me to do some stupid shyt to get $$ and be fly like the cool kids in school.
No, I meant what did you like a lot about Big Payback.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Only reason why I don’t think it’s real
Is because Vans pants changed at the end
Zebra lining on the headrest in the car
Her pants were zebra print
The Maserati was the same color as the valet awning
I think it was all about loss for Darius
London must’ve died because he seemed to really be fond of her/damn near lost love type ish
Could’ve lost her to drunk driving or a police chase
Also the kid she hit was wearing the same color helmet as the Maserati
That 2pac death from season 3 has more meaning now to me
And Van going crazy in season 3 could mean she is still alive but has survivors guilt like Darius
I also for some reason don’t think Lottie is still alive
With that being said
I think the Glover Brothers made abstract art like looking at a painting in a museum
If you are into paintings and other various forms of art media
You know that everything an artist does is conveyed differently to their audience
There’s no one right answer when it comes to these things
But like someone pointed out and certain posters in this very thread were doing
Brotha Shabazz at the ending was calling out the audience
Why is it that people love them some Van Gogh
But as soon as a nikka does something not confined to everyday thought
It’s too convoluted or hard to understand or it’s some cac shyt
nikkas love to say they are cultured but when something comes out that moves the culture forward
Shows how black folks are not only multifaceted but also shows that even though we all have shared experiences
We didn’t all grow up the same/outlooks on life are different
We are more well rounded than the media will have you believe
Atlanta was just that
An umbrella that showed the range of the black experience

So is season 3 her dream like this whole show is darius dream?

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
No, I meant what did you like a lot about Big Payback.
Just a dope perspective of “how it could be”. Last scene of the ep was amazingly done with the soundtrack. Also seeing the white guy go thru the 5 stages of grief and at the end, finally accept his fate was told masterfully as well

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Nobody got shot. Alfred shot the OTHER nikka. Thats why they went to JAIL

Both Alfred and Earn had guns on them. Thats why they were arrested. Its pretty straight forward and shown in the episode itself

You are probably right I just going off of memory I haven't seen that episode in a while.

Another question who was the dude on the bus?

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
I believed at first it was just Darius dreaming different scenarios. But then the ending left it up to the viewer to really decide if it was all a dream or whatnot. And i pretty much think that is a perfect way to go out for this series.
Watching this one more time and yup…there’s arguments for both it being real or it being a dream.

Donald a slick motherfukker lol

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the finale, what a perfect way for the show to go out that incorporated all the elements that made the show so great :wow:

From all of the core cast being present and interacting with each other

The comedy of everything that happened with Darius in his dreams - "How many seasons did Homeboys in Outer Space have" :mjlol:

Tackling specific black issues like wanting to support black businesses and the owner's whole speech to Al

Being able to hit emotional moments like Darius reminiscing about his brother :mjcry:

To exploring the surreal (thick Judge Judy :skip:), right up to the very last moments. I saw Darius smile and the expression of relief and took it as him realizing he was out of the tank and wasn't dreaming. But agree it was depicted as an ambiguous shot.