Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
seems like the series is gonna end on a somber note. Kinda weird that its gonna be a Darius episode but i guess everyone else got their closure.

I would have liked to see a group episode as the finale

They’re all in the finale. Even if its Darius centric there’s a scene with all of them in a car and a scene where Darius punches somebody in front of Earn.

Also i’m thinking the series is going to end more hopeful than people think.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 3 is a writing/directing masterclass
Possible parallel & tell me if you see it- is the backhoe his rap career pre, during and post this show?

He starts just playing around with it, seeing if it will work. He puts a little work in and it's not getting going, but he's still messing with it & seeing what he can do and enjoying trying to get this thing working. He ultimately has to remove a rat (Clark County's manager?) and, once he does, shyt really starts rolling.

He's moving all over the place, steady cruising (where he's at now in the show), until he gets stuck and falls off (as most music careers do). He's almost trapped under the downfall but escapes and makes it back to safety only to find those that were eating off of him now see him as food, so he's got to eliminate them too to survive.

Maybe reading too much into it, but it connects too many places.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Possible parallel & tell me if you see it- is the backhoe his rap career pre, during and post this show?

He starts just playing around with it, seeing if it will work. He puts a little work in and it's not getting going, but he's still messing with it & seeing what he can do and enjoying trying to get this thing working. He ultimately has to remove a rat (Clark County's manager?) and, once he does, shyt really starts rolling.

He's moving all over the place, steady cruising (where he's at now in the show), until he gets stuck and falls off (as most music careers do). He's almost trapped under the downfall but escapes and makes it back to safety only to find those that were eating off of him now see him as food, so he's got to eliminate them too to survive.

Maybe reading too much into it, but it connects too many places.

Not bad. Not bad at ALL

Although i’m not sure about the last part. Earn puts in work, so he’s not “eating” off him its a mutual business relationship.

But thats a REALLY great way of looking at it breh

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not bad. Not bad at ALL

Although i’m not sure about the last part. Earn puts in work, so he’s not “eating” off him its a mutual business relationship.

But thats a REALLY great way of looking at it breh
I'm not saying it's Earn/Darius, more the people outside the circle who break in to bank off the 'Paper Boi' business- promoters, labels, sponsors, brands. When you're up, you're feeding them with your craft but when you're down, you're food.

It's all abstraction though so who knows...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think this episode concludes Al’s arc the same way Snipe Hunt concluded Earn’s and Van’s. They come to a personal understanding. Its not a PERFECT bow on the box, because oftentimes like life itself, thats not how things works. Closure can be messy. It can be painful. It can take forms you wouldn’t have imagined. But if YOU (the characters) are content with it then thats all that matters.

Alfred has his farm and his weed. He may not have 100% of the answers, because his life is still ongoing and there are journeys and lessons to come; but for this time period in his life, this is his world, and he is content.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
the meat is tougher as they live off of what they kind find in the wild as opposed to feed from farmers and being kept in a safer environment

less fat (more lean muscle) due to more activity too
I heard the wild boars mad aggressive and only look like that in the wild but the domestic pigs are pink, no hair, no tusk for some reason even thought they are exact same. Ain’t even tryna eat pumba tho honestly. :hubie:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Damn, that farm life isn't nothing to play with :bryan:. Didn't realize wild boars could get so big.

Coming in here and seeing all the theories about the episode and what might happen in the finale next week :ohhh:. I didn't see a preview for next week on YouTube TV, but interested to see it's a Darius focused episode. His journey from the beginning has been different than Earn or Alfred's. Can't wait to see what note they end on next week.

Episode was another example of just how good Brian Tyree Henry is with facial expressions.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Damn, that farm life isn't nothing to play with :bryan:. Didn't realize wild boars could get so big.

Coming in here and seeing all the theories about the episode and what might happen in the finale next week :ohhh:. I didn't see a preview for next week on YouTube TV, but interested to see it's a Darius focused episode. His journey from the beginning has been different than Earn or Alfred's. Can't wait to see what note they end on next week.

Episode was another example of just how good Brian Tyree Henry is with facial expressions.

The preview was super short.

It was a chick in a car saying “You used to be wild back in the day!” And Darius walking on the road saying “I’ve slowed down since then.”

There’s also a quick scene of what looks like all four of the main characters in a car doing donuts

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I think the hog was a metaphor for Hispanics taking over, stealing from black culture and replacing white people, similar to the architect's "human beings are a virus" metaphor in The Matrix Reloaded.

The good ol boy shopkeeper, Clyde, is all exasperated like "oh, boy, this is bad. You got feral hogs." And getting rid of em ain't as simple as using hog repellent. "You can thank the explorer, Hernando de Soto for this bullshyt." Hernando is a Spanish explorer who brought these razorbacks to the US. They're his descendants; Hispanics are the descendants of Spanish explorers / conquistadors.

According to Clyde, the "dirty hog" is coming for whatever Alfred is growing. Alfred gotta take that fukker down. Al just wants to poison it in the humane way. He doesn't wanna clap it with a headshot with a gun and be another stereotype. He's cool with the hogs. They've never bothered him. He doesn't see them as a threat to his artistry and way of life.

Clyde tries to impress upon him how serious these dirty Spanish hogs are. He knows what they're capable of. They killed a lady in Texas. They're down there near the border infringing on his people. According to him, "these things ain't no bedtime story animals. They don't deserve no sympathy. They are aggressive. They are invasive. They will not stop until they destroy everything you have. You got to kill them before they kill you."

Al can't believe it. He just laughs thinking the hog ain't gonna kill him. He's incredulous. He doesn't consider the seriousness of the issue and overlooks the hog and it's what is has planned for him. Clyde, the white man, knows the Spanish hogs, courtesy of Hernando de Soto, will do to Alfred, the black man, and his people, what they're in the process of doing to his people.

The whole point of the farm is to have options. Atlanta ain't going nowhere. Donald, who has a farm, got options now with his Amazon deal. Atlanta, the show, despite ending, gonna always be there for us to go back to. :wow:
tumblr_nui4nkn6AS1uzaxglo1_500-1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: b_b