Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Episode started slow but turned out dope. Respect Earn’s vulnerability in the tent. When what you truly want out of life is right in front of you, you have to bypass pride & dignity and go for it by all means.

These past few years they’ve literally went around the world pursuing personal ambitions, other relationships, etc…in efforts to prove to themselves that they were fine without one another (yet subconsciously trying to impress each other) only to come full circle to this moment. The ambiance of the Sade music is a perfect backdrop to their overall story…

I can't hate you though I have tried
I still really really love you
Love is stronger than pride

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
that smile at the end when she observed how happy they were (particularly her mother) almost broke me lol…I’m gonna have to go outside and slap a rabbit or something

fukk around if you want to:ufdup:

bugs-bunny-gun.gif

#RabbitSet
#HareTrigger

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Real time reaction to her saying let’s talk about LA later: I don’t think they gonna make it :francis: I hope they do

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Earn was the snipe.

Very rare

It only comes out at night (Earn’s emotions)

It has red eyes (Earn crying)

Only the coolest and smartest can catch it (Earn admitted to Van she’s all he ever wanted. She is his dream girl. She’s the coolest and smartest)

Lottie: Did you ever catch it?

Van: No but with your help I think I can

Earn told Van that Lottie is the physical manifestation of what happens when they get together. Lottie helped Earn both realize and understand his immense love for both Van and their family.
Your breakdown of these episodes shyt all over people who get paid at mainstream outlets to do this professionally.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Earn was the snipe.

Very rare

It only comes out at night (Earn’s emotions)

It has red eyes (Earn crying)

Only the coolest and smartest can catch it (Earn admitted to Van she’s all he ever wanted. She is his dream girl. She’s the coolest and smartest)

Lottie: Did you ever catch it?

Van: No but with your help I think I can

Earn told Van that Lottie is the physical manifestation of what happens when they get together. Lottie helped Earn both realize and understand his immense love for both Van and their family.
Wow, just wow, this episode and analogy literally has me in tears, thinking of some things, thank you bruh, they won’t let me rep you bruh but if i could i would

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
The theme of this episode was highlighting the ridiculousness people will go through to get what they want, not realizing that oftentimes what they want isn’t what they necessarily NEED.

-Some Guy Named Doug wanted a song with Paperboi so bad he was willing to brave a SHOOTOUT to save his life and get him in the studio. In the end, the feature isn’t what Doug NEEDED because there was absolutely no way that trash ass song was going to be a hit. What Doug NEEDED was to ply more at bis craft and learn proper song structure, production, and technique.

- The latino kid wanted to be a rap star so badly he was willing to put his OWN LIFE in danger, again during a life threatening situation, so he could rap for Paperboi. What the kid NEEDED was to heed his girlfriend’s advice and get a real career that would provide for his girl and daughter. He neglected the needs of his family to chase a dream.

- Earn and Darius wanted the shoes so badly that they were ultimately willing to strip themselves of pride and moral codes and be exploited by some freak nikka. Setting aside the obvious implications regarding emasculation, Earn was clearly uncomfortable performing the act. He even (rightfully) broke down how black men are compromising themselves, both financially and physically, at alarming rates just for the “privilege” of stunting on other black men. And yet they STILL did it. What was NEEDED was for them to stand firm on their initial offer, financial compensation or getting the fukk up outta there. Keep your pride. Keep your morals. Because at the end of the day those are what mark you as a man. The look on Earn’s face at Alfred’s house after it was all said and done suggested that he won’t be sleeping tranquilly that night. Even Darius’s cryptic “I had to do a little something for them” suggests he’s not totally at peace with the decision. They whored themselves for what amounts to useless articles of clothing. The point was driven home by the fact that the creepy freak was killed DIRECTLY afterwards, making their sacrifice ultimately pointless.

The episode also tackled the banality of violence and how we’ve become so dissociated with the everyday occurrence of gun violence. Any one who lives in the state knows that Georgia is open carry, and that its really NOTHING to see people toting fire arms pretty much everywhere they go. Shopping, hiking, working, doesn’t matter. Where there are people in Georgia there are guns nearby, guaranteed. So when the shootout happens its not surprising in and of itself, its a commentary on how mind-numbingly ORDINARY that sort of occurrence has become.

There’s also no accident that the gun violence is juxtaposed with Earn and Darius’s “encounter”. We all know how gun violence has pervaded sneaker culture. Young kids DIE for shoes, going back to the 80’s with Jordans. Lets stop and appreciate the ridiculousness of this for a moment. Young black kids DIE for footwear. Now it cannot go without saying that a culture that could go so far as to demand BLOOD from young black males as a right to wear shoes wouldn’t also demand….other things. If you’re willing to take a life to wear shoes, what are you willing to sacrifice personally? Beyond that, what are you willing to give up for a gold chain? A Mercedes Benz? An acting career? A music career? The implications can get downright sinister when we consider that the curtain has been slowly pulling back on Hollywood the last 5 years since the #Metoo movement started. Today its just a “peck” on another man’s lips. What will the price be tomorrow?

Overall this was one of the darkest episodes of Atlanta to date. Perhaps even darker in its implications than Teddy Perkins. Teddy Perkins was, in part, a story about a man broken by an external force (his father) and his inability to piece himself together. Crank Dat is a story about what it looks like when men break THEMSELVES in attempts to “gain” something desirable. And the question is CAN you piece yourself back together after doing so? There are always levels, and depending on which level you’ve compromised yourself its easier to course correct. The latino kid can course correct by striving for a better job to provide for his family. Doug can course correct by learning how to make viable music. Can Earn course correct his sense of self, his sense of self worth and pride?

I guess we have 4 more episodes to find out.

Dope synopsis and it’s so true
They could've at least let the bridge rock out
Might have cost more money you know Sade “spensive” (joking) not sure why not