Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Doubt they use the deadly weapon angle. The argument will likely be that the officer feared being incapacitated since he took the taser he might have gotten his gun if he tazed him. Or they will say he was an immediate threat to the public since he was fighting cops and had a police weapon on him. Either way it will come down to a judgement call that the cop was legally empowered to make based off the current laws and we all know that no jury will convict the cops given the circumstances if they even get charged to begin with. hope I'm wrong though.

They need to keep the charges realistic. I know everyone wants 1st degree murder but they gotta prove it was premeditated. Keep the charges winnable so that they can see some actual jail time. If they overcharge them they will walk

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh, so he failed to tase a cop, so its all good now? :gucci:

Shouldn't be shot for using a taser though.

Remember, cops use tasers all the time....so if they are viewed as weapons and life threatening weapons then why are cops using them? Slippery slope here if they agree that the cop was within his right to shoot based on that.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OK.

Go point a taser at a cop.

Let me know how it goes.

I'm not condoning what he did but c'mon bruh..he's running away firing a taser, how in the hell does that warrant an end to his life? Cops need some damn training. This is a situation that escalated again due to lack of training.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Shouldn't be shot for using a taser though.

Remember, cops use tasers all the time....so if they are viewed as weapons and life threatening weapons then why are cops using them? Slippery slope here if they agree that the cop was within his right to shoot based on that.
Tasers incapacitate people.

Missing when you aim a taser at someone doesn't mean you didn't endanger the cop.

Don't act like this was multiple seconds. It was ONE SECOND in the video.

Go aim a taser at a cop and tell me what happens.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Won't post it but Officer Tatum is saying the gun can render the officer paralyzed. And he could take his real gun. Therefore, its justified. So basically that's what the conservatives are going to say to justify this.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm not condoning what he did but c'mon bruh..he's running away firing a taser, how in the hell does that warrant an end to his life? Cops need some damn training. This is a situation that escalated again due to lack of training.
Yes, you are.

You're condoning it.

He got shot BEFORE he even ran.

He got shot before he ran for stealing the taser and swinging on the cop.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Dude was drunk and sleeping and I guess the cops woke him up....probably was dazed. I remember being drunk as fukk but sleeping and my boy came in screaming about some nonsense and I threw him into a wall. I didn't even know wtf I was doing...just reacted. I don't know the whole story but sometimes when you're in that drunken sleep getting woken up with agression will set a mafukka off.

Nah bruh...that not what happened.

He failed a field sobriety test...he actually got out the car and gave them his ID prior to that.

Why he fighting police after they went to arrest and grabbing tazers is beyond comprehension.

Nikkas need to WAKE the fukk up....

Now the narrative is about to change.....