Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

Daps
Exactly. I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to argue this young brother deserved death for being drunk in the parking lot. If anything it just shows how poorly trained and shytty cops were at knowing how to properly handle a drunk suspect and how to deescalate the situation.

But you not effectively pushing police reform with a case like this versus the way you will be able to with the George Floyd/Arbery situations.
you can if you bring up the countless cases of white people who do much worse being brought in alive
double standards against black people are prevalent at every level of society

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yes you are wrong. Cop didn't unholster his gun until the victim unsuccessfully attempted to taze him. Also this entire situation was created because these cops are very bad at their jobs in multiple aspects and a man died because of it. Realize this man biggest crime was possibly being intoxicated behind the wheel of a car that wasn't in motion. It was a non violent crime, cops could face let him flee put a warrant out and arrested him at a later time.
Oh, so he failed to tase a cop, so its all good now? :gucci:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I hate that this happened to this man. Hate it.

Here's the faded silver lining I see: If they take it to court and they rule the officers could be in fear for their lives because dude had a taser and was running away from them... then there's now precedent that a taser can be seen as a life-threatening implement.

Then all you need is the right firm willing to go to bat with this precedent the next time a cop wrongfully and publicly tases someone minding their own fukking business, and joy - we now have legal precedent they set of criminal acts. Something tangible that they can't fight against because they fought for it in the first place.

This man shouldn't have died. Period. If someone is running away from you, there should be no legal recourse to use self-defense. Ever. And between these two things here... he might have given those of us remaining an opening to dismantle some of these tools of terror in a way they can't wave away as 'angry black people'. Because if attempting to deploy a taser was justifiable cause to kill... a whole lot of mall cops finna be piled up in the streets

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That only works in the UK because no one has guns.

In the USA, especially Georgia, everyone has guns.

It's about the purpose of why they were called. A simple traffic stop, dui, minor theft etc case does not require an armed officer to respond. Every public servant who deals with the public are not armed cause every public encounter does not warrant it. We dont need cops wokring as elementary school crossing guards carrying guns.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Damn, University a black area. Don't like to hear that.

Yea its gentrifying slightly but i saw on twitter the National Guard is on alert tonite.

University ave isn't midtown though. Why they boarding up midtown??

Midtown is like 5-10 miles away. U can be to Howell Mill real quick

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

Here's the faded silver lining I see: If they take it to court and they rule the officers could be in fear for their lives because dude had a taser and was running away from them... then there's now precedent that a taser can be seen as a life-threatening implement.

Then all you need is the right firm willing to go to bat with this precedent the next time a cop wrongfully and publicly tases someone minding their own fukking business, and joy - we now have legal precedent they set of criminal acts. Something tangible that they can't fight against because they fought for it in the first place.

This man shouldn't have died. Period. If someone is running away from you, there should be no legal recourse to use self-defense. Ever. And between these two things here... he might have given those of us remaining an opening to dismantle some of these tools of terror in a way they can't wave away as 'angry black people'. Because if attempting to deploy a taser was justifiable cause to kill... a whole lot of mall cops finna be piled up in the streets
They will be found guilty. Better believe that. This Atlanta.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Yea its gentrifying slightly but i saw on twitter the National Guard is on alert tonite.

Midtown is like 5-10 miles away. U can be to Howell Mill real quick
Yeah, but damn they going to Midtown wit it?? I'd prefer that to University Ave though.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Yeah, but damn they going to Midtown wit it?? I'd prefer that to University Ave though.

I heard they not trying to fukk with the historically black hoods. Take the fight to where the money is at. These protests are way more organized than we think. My cuz told me around 2p that they wanted everyone to be there by 8pm and sure enough that was what time they started getting active

Even now on 75 the people that are blocking the HWY are cacs. They specifically told them to stand out there because they wont shoot white folks

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Doubt they use the deadly weapon angle. The argument will likely be that the officer feared being incapacitated since he took the taser he might have gotten his gun if he tazed him. Or they will say he was an immediate threat to the public since he was fighting cops and had a police weapon on him. Either way it will come down to a judgement call that the cop was legally empowered to make based off the current laws and we all know that no jury will convict the cops given the circumstances if they even get charged to begin with. hope I'm wrong though.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I heard they not trying to fukk with the historically black hoods. Take the fight to where the money is at. These protests are way more organized than we think. My cuz told me around 2p that they wanted everyone to be there by 8pm and sure enough that was what time they started getting active

Even now on 75 the people that are blocking the HWY are cacs. They specifically told them to stand out there because they wont shoot white folks
Yeah I saw a couple different protests announcements on my feeds. We both called this shyt. Hell now T.I. coming out on some fukk it shyt, just don't fukk wit your own spots.