Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Not sure if anybody mentioned this (haven’t read the whole thread)....
Supreme Court has already stated that police can not use deadly force if a suspect is running away... unless the suspect could cause death or serious bodily harm (Tennessee vs Garner ‘85)...

A taser is not a serious bodily harm weapon. Nor is it considered a deadly weapon. There is no justification for this shooting.
Look at the first video on the first page.

The cop shoots him initially when they get off the ground from wrestling, then he runs off, then another video shows him possibly turning back to the cop with the taser in his hand and the cop shoots him then.

Daps
Just got word the chief resigned. Wasn't she just beside Killer Mike on the podium last week? :wow:
it's a breath of fresh air
i remember the family for botham jean kissing up to his killer I couldn't believe what I was seeing
some families go for the check even when they lose their son it's sad
they're telling what it is on there
the cameras are everywhere no more lying on the police report making up a story based on widespread black stereotypes
falsifying a police report should be a federal crime

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Police use tasers on people all the time. Hell they used or attempted to use a taser on the victim. It isn't "lethal force". He pointed the taser and appeared to discharge it at the officer but by all accounts it appears he missed, meaning the taser was no longer a threat. Also he was still in the process of fleeing. It was 2 on 1, so all these "what ifs" regarding what could have happened with the taser is all for naught. They didn't have to shoot that man, he wasn't a threat to anyone in the immediate vicinity. If police are deathly afraid of tasers then they shouldn't be using it on people.
barely one second passed between these events and you expect two cops who just got wrestled with to comprehend all of this?

Cops ain't thinking about that shyt :stopitslime:

Yall really want to be policed by robots and shyt who game all this shyt out in split seconds :gucci:

they shouldn't have shot him as he ran off, but the first time he got shot...was not unexpected :francis:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
They need to trash the whole cop system and/or start holding these dudes accountable so they might think twice before taking a black life

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Keep in mind that he wasn’t in his right mind to begin with. He wasn’t working with a rational brain... he was either drunk or high or both.

He isn’t going to be able to make great decisions in such a highly stressful environment.

He should not have been killed for those transgressions. He should have been able to see a court date. Officers are supposed to be trained to properly handle taser disarmament situations. People under the influence shouldn’t be expected to handle it properly.

Is this a defense?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Another use of excessive force...

But I hate to say this but I wouldn't choose this as the hill to die on. Floyd, etc. should be the clear focus. This guy shouldn't be dead, clearly the firing on a running man was unnecessary, but he would've been booked and convicted otherwise unlike the killings of innocents we've seen.

The thing about the Floyd case is the opposition is completely on the back foot. None of the other bullshyt about the victim's "history" or "self-defense" comes into play. Not that those defenses were ever genuine, but they were crucial in allowing things to get swept under the rug. They are going to try to gas this case to weaken the opposition and claim we are "anti-cop" or something. Keisha dealing with these officers in a rational manner that shows a good precedent how to tackle police brutality inside a due process framework the cops, cop unions, and other parties don't control is better than making this guy a martyr. He ain't.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This gray zone case the George Floyd murder was black and white he should not have died. In this case both sides have reasonable arguments
It’s definitely gray area, but the argument can’t be “a taser could’ve killed him” for the cop and not for a civilian. However, whenever you scuffle with a cop you have to assume they’re going to try and kill you.

In this climate, the fact the cops automatically went to lethal tactics shows that more training and de-escalation is a waste of money. They don’t care. A lot of these guys just want to kill somebody.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It’s definitely gray area, but the argument can’t be “a taser could’ve killed him” for the cop and not for a civilian. However, whenever you scuffle with a cop you have to assume they’re going to try and kill you.

In this climate, the fact the cops automatically went to lethal tactics shows that more training and de-escalation is a waste of money. They don’t care. A lot of these guys just want to kill somebody.
Cops freak out when ANYTHING is pointed at them.

I hate to see another black man killed, but you can't gamble like that.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cops shouldn't be allowed to carry guns for nonviolent traffic stops. They should have to keep it locked in the car unless they are directly being called for an armed suspect. That way they don't have to worry about making bad judgement calls.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
barely one second passed between these events and you expect two cops who just got wrestled with to comprehend all of this?

Cops ain't thinking about that shyt :stopitslime:

Yall really want to be policed by robots and shyt who game all this shyt out in split seconds :gucci:

they shouldn't have shot him as he ran off, but the first time he got shot...was not unexpected :francis:

Yes. They should be trained to be able to assess a situation and not use lethal force when unnecessary. I don't think that's too much to ask. And you are the only person I've seen running with the narrative they shot him when he first ran off. I don't see that in the video and the family lawyer also didn't state that..

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Another use of excessive force...

But I hate to say this but I wouldn't choose this as the hill to die on. Floyd, etc. should be the clear focus. This guy shouldn't be dead, clearly the firing on a running man was unnecessary, but he would've been booked and convicted otherwise unlike the killings of innocents we've seen.

The thing about the Floyd case is the opposition is completely on the back foot. None of the other bullshyt about the victim's "history" or "self-defense" comes into play. Not that those defenses were ever genuine, but they were crucial in allowing things to get swept under the rug. They are going to try to gas this case to weaken the opposition and claim we are "anti-cop" or something. Keisha dealing with these officers in a rational manner that shows a good precedent how to tackle police brutality inside a due process framework the cops, cop unions, and other parties don't control is better than making this guy a martyr. He ain't.
Ohhh so because he was a guilty of a crime, his death is just :manny: