Atlanta Hawks 2024-2025 season thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dray speaking that real shyt..he asked Trae why does it seem like American (black) players are judged more harshly than Euros.

Dray said it ain’t cool Trae & Luka both put up crazy points and assists, both have been to the conference finals, but only 1 is called a coach killer..

Trae gave the right answer tho. He said he ain’t worried bout the outside noise & he just focused on winning a ring for the city

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dray speaking that real shyt..he asked Trae why does it seem like American (black) players are judged more harshly than Euros.

Dray said it ain’t cool Trae & Luka both put up crazy points and assists, both have been to the conference finals, but only 1 is called a coach killer..

Trae gave the right answer tho. He said he ain’t worried bout the outside noise & he just focused on winning a ring for the city
I agree they are basically the same - statistically (Luka more rebounds, Trae more assists). Yet trae gets no All Star or All NBA love. :francis::pacspit:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
let’s keep it a buck tho, Trae isn’t as good a player as Luka. We lost that trade overall and I don’t think Trae has been deserving of All NBA and he’s been a borderline All Star level player on a middling Eastern Conference team

Trae’s gotta take that criticism and get better, we gotta stop making excuses for him

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
let’s keep it a buck tho, Trae isn’t as good a player as Luka. We lost that trade overall and I don’t think Trae has been deserving of All NBA and he’s been a borderline All Star level player on a middling Eastern Conference team

Trae’s gotta take that criticism and get better, we gotta stop making excuses for him

I have my criticisms of Trae, but we can’t say we lost the trade until Luka wins a ring.

The only difference is Luka is 6’7 230 & Trae is 6’1, 164.

Both are monsters offensively. Trae is a better passer & playmaker, Luka is a better rebounder & can use his size to his advantage on offense. Both are trash on defense, both have been to their conference finals.

Luka has more all star & all nba nods because the media wants their great white hype.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

His criticisms should be no different than any other star player.

Borderline all star when you lead the league in assists and are top 5 in scoring in the conference is a crazy statement. Is he supposed to be perfect?:skip:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Now Embiid might want out? Hawks need to just be patient. No need to rush anything this offseason.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I have my criticisms of Trae, but we can’t say we lost the trade until Luka wins a ring.

The only difference is Luka is 6’7 230 & Trae is 6’1, 164.

Both are monsters offensively. Trae is a better passer & playmaker, Luka is a better rebounder & can use his size to his advantage on offense. Both are trash on defense, both have been to their conference finals.

Luka has more all star & all nba nods because the media wants their great white hype.

Breh you remember that we traded away another first round pick that turned into Cam Reddish, which was an abject disaster of a pick for us

As for players, Luka is an overall better player, he’s an MVP candidate and an All NBA player so as it stands now we lost the trade based on where both players are in their careers. :camby: at sayin Luka is gettin that attention because of the media

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
His criticisms should be no different than any other star player.

Borderline all star when you lead the league in assists and are top 5 in scoring in the conference is a crazy statement. Is he supposed to be perfect?:skip:

Who said he’s supposed to be perfect? :dwillhuh:

I get that you have a love affair with Trae and that he can do no wrong in your eyes but the reality is that he’s not a consistently voted in starter or reserve selected All Star year in and year out. The reality is that his peers did vote him as one of the most overrated players in the game. The reality is that he’s on his 3rd coach in 4 years.

These are facts breh. He doesn’t have to be perfect but he does have to improve his overall level of play if he wants to be an All Star/All NBA type of player and he isn’t consistently considered in that class of players in the league

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I get that you have a love affair with Trae and that he can do no wrong in your eyes but the reality is that he’s not a consistently voted in starter or reserve selected All Star year in and year out. The reality is that his peers did vote him as one of the most overrated players in the game. The reality is that he’s on his 3rd coach in 4 years.

These are facts breh. He doesn’t have to be perfect but he does have to improve his overall level of play if he wants to be an All Star/All NBA type of player and he isn’t consistently considered in that class of players in the league
So your gripe is he isn't popular amongst his peers? Popularity don't win you championships.

DJ, one of his peers, took a pay cut to stay here with him. :yeshrug:

You sound like dukes and bell

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Players want recognition. We don't get that love here in Atlanta. No reason Trae shouldn't be regular all star and all nba considerations. It sucks we get no love :to:

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -

Gotta agree. That Game winner he hit in the Boston series reset a lot of folks mindsets on Trae but the truth is he hasn’t been playing winning basketball even though he has the stats.

Now whether that’s totally his fault, the coaching or the roster he playing with is another question.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Gotta agree. That Game winner he hit in the Boston series reset a lot of folks mindsets on Trae but the truth is he hasn’t been playing winning basketball even though he has the stats.

Now whether that’s totally his fault, the coaching or the roster he playing with is another question.
So Trae doesn't play winning basketball but Luka does when we were in the playoffs and they literally quit at the end of the season and missed them?

I'm honestly not even a Trae fan like that but he's easily the most disrespected player in the league