At What point Did Nintendo Start To Fall Off For You?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yeah it started w/ the SNES/GB games that sold a mili, I remember Super Metroid, Mario All Stars, Mario Land 2, and a few others. I believe the GB joints were 20 or so and SNES 30 when they reached PC status.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i still enjoy nintendo games so i wouldn't say fall off, but sony/playstation became my primary console by ps1 and nintendo secondary. i do think the wii was probably their worst console and have said that the wii-u is what the wii should've been. if the wii was the wii-u then i think the perception of wii-u would've been a lot better.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
They actually started falling off during the SNES era. Us old heads remembered how Mortal Kombat didn't even have any blood on the SNES version.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They actually started falling off during the SNES era. Us old heads remembered how Mortal Kombat didn't even have any blood on the SNES version.

Oh yeah and you have to input the blood code.... :mjlol: nintendo lawst for that shyt... Genesis didnt have those issues...

But I had to buy a six button controller tho... :lolbron:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

then MK2 rolled out and it was better than the Genesis version
Oh yeah and you have to input the blood code.... :mjlol: nintendo lawst for that shyt... Genesis didnt have those issues...

But I had to buy a six button controller tho... :lolbron:
Nah man, there wasn't a code for the SNES at all. shyt was ass cheeks period.

Genesis had to input a code for blood.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I was about to dap this post until you lost me here.

It's a video game console breh...it's never that serious :laff:
It is that serious. They disrespected the entire hardcore gaming crowd with the Wii brand.

That shyt was ALL casual back in 2006, they looked at the market with the Wii U and said...shyt we better chill with this motion control gimmick. Still have to keep that Wii name though in case we can get the casuals to jump in again :whew:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The Wii for me. With the GC Nintendo were still TRYING. They weren't to the point like now where it seems they're trying to piss off 3rd party devs with shytty underpowered hardware. Yeah the controller was funky, but it still had 3rd party support. They were still pushing quality 1st party gems out like we were used to.

Then they went full gimmick with be Wii. It's like the fact that it was successful made them absolutely fukking insane. Now they refuse to do anything but gimmicks while their core fan base that aren't Miyamoto depththroating fakkits are left out. The fact that they really pushed the Wii U on us is for real disrespectful to me. Those japanese fukks disrespected me with that shyt.

I lost my faith with Nintendo with the Wii. The Wii U made me damn near hate them
You should have been furious with the Wii, not the Wii U. The Wii U is actually a decent system with some useful innovative features like the controller.

The OG Wii was absolute garbage from the jump.

Accessory after accessory

gimmicky ass control scheme

shovelware bins at walmart full of bs ass wii games like this:
we_cheer_2_wii_esrb.jpg

not even HD

virtually zero quality 3rd party support.

That damn console was the most stank shyt you can ever imagine, straight BASURA across the board. I am pretty sure if I were to calculate how much time I spent on that console, 75% of it was replaying old gamecube games, 10% on Wii Sports, 10% on Mario Galaxy and 5% on everything else. It is easily one of the worst consoles of all time outside of the 5 games worth playing.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Gamecube (although with N64 the company was showing cracks).

Personally, I got more enjoyment and time out of the Wii than I did Gamecube, but the Wii highlighted Nintendo's weaknesses even more (lack of solid third party games, zero quality control and so much bloatware... whatever happened to the Nintendo seal?, preference for gimmicks instead over system performance, etc.).

Never bothered to pick up Wii U after feeling burned by the GC and Wii.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
gamecube to wii. The wii u has actually been one of my favorite nintendo consoles in a long time. Too bad it sold like garbage. Having the handheld and not having to turn on a tv is a great concept. Classic platformers without gimmicks like Super Mario 3d World, Donkey Kong, etc. Mario Maker. I'm just starting to get the notion that the days of gaming that I grew up on is gone. People simply don't like those kind of games anymore. They either want FPS, open world 'rpg', or some kind of gimmick.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
then MK2 rolled out and it was better than the Genesis version

Nah man, there wasn't a code for the SNES at all. shyt was ass cheeks period.

Genesis had to input a code for blood.

:ohhh: I totally forgot about that. you right genesis had the blood code nintendo didnt....

They was a bunch of puusies..:yeshrug: