At What point Did Nintendo Start To Fall Off For You?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Now they refuse to do anything but gimmicks while their core fan base that aren't Miyamoto depththroating fakkits are left out.

giphy.gif

That Ether....

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Speaking game wise, never. Console wise, Gamecube was a minor step back in quality but I think the Wii helped get them back on track. However, the Wii U was a disaster. Hopefully they learn from this.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The second they dumped Sony and thought cartridges were still the future. They lost Squaresoft because of that and it was like a domino effect :wow:

They never fell off in the handheld market though :ehh:
I didn't see ONE PS Vita at PAX East. NOT ONE.

TONS of 3DS systems though, nerds sitting on the carpet playing their games while waiting to get into a booth.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Speaking game wise, never. Console wise, Gamecube was a minor step back in quality but I think the Wii helped get them back on track. However, the Wii U was a disaster. Hopefully they learn from this.
The Wii was the turd of the Nintendo consoles. It sold a lot, but it was absolute garbage and hurt the Wii U big time :wow:

It sucks because the Wii U was a MUCH better console.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Nintendo is a villain that got what it deserved. If they had their way we'd all be using friend codes in games with no voice chat. Hell that's if we could game online at all. This is a company that has shunned and rejected tech evolution every step of the way it could. They're still doing it today. Think I'm lying then see how difficult it is to transfer game purchases from system to system if your shyt gets stolen or lost.

:scust: Friend Codes
:scust: lack of a real account system

Love Nintendo but that shyt is on point, if they had their way, we'd probably still be fukking with cartridges, be using multi-taps/4 player split screen, probably using memory cards, no HD, etc.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:scust: Friend Codes
:scust: lack of a real account system

Love Nintendo but that shyt is on point, if they had their way, we'd probably still be fukking with cartridges, be using multi-taps/4 player split screen, probably using memory cards, no HD, etc.
Nintendo was like those big oil companies and how they fight electric cars all the way. They wanted to keep everything the same to maintain their control over everything. Charge developers exorbitant licensing fees on cartridges, limiting the number of games publishers could release annually on their consoles to like 5, bullying retailers the list of their transgressions goes on and on. Back in the day Nintendo wouldn't lower the price of anything really. If it weren't for Sony's greatest hits you wouldn't ave Nintendo lowering the price of their games. Old ass games would still be full retail years later. To some extent Nintendo does that now.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The Wii for me. With the GC Nintendo were still TRYING. They weren't to the point like now where it seems they're trying to piss off 3rd party devs with shytty underpowered hardware. Yeah the controller was funky, but it still had 3rd party support. They were still pushing quality 1st party gems out like we were used to.

Then they went full gimmick with be Wii. It's like the fact that it was successful made them absolutely fukking insane. Now they refuse to do anything but gimmicks while their core fan base that aren't Miyamoto depththroating fakkits are left out. The fact that they really pushed the Wii U on us is for real disrespectful to me. Those japanese fukks disrespected me with that shyt.

I lost my faith with Nintendo with the Wii. The Wii U made me damn near hate them
I was about to dap this post until you lost me here.

It's a video game console breh...it's never that serious :laff:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I was about to dap this post until you lost me here.

It's a video game console breh...it's never that serious :laff:
I just mean in terms as a gamer and consumer of their products. The fact that they pushed that on us means they pretty much thought people would fall for the okie doke twice in a row. They think we're retarded breh

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Back in the day Nintendo wouldn't lower the price of anything really. If it weren't for Sony's greatest hits you wouldn't ave Nintendo lowering the price of their games. Old ass games would still be full retail years later. To some extent Nintendo does that now.

while you're right about prices back then (and currently for first party), I think Player's Choice precedes Greatest Hits by a year. But I do get your general idea, Nintendo always been on some fukk you steez, as long as they get their money.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
while you're right about prices back then (and currently for first party), I think Player's Choice precedes Greatest Hits by a year. But I do get your general idea, Nintendo always been on some fukk you steez, as long as they get their money.
Player's Choice back then was for last generation games wasn't it? Sony had Greatest Hits on their current generation platform (obviously as they only had one) when they made it and the games were like $20. Nintendo's games were more than that weren't they?