At some point won't African immigrants just become AA?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't read this long ass thread but the premise of OP makes no sense to me.

If you can pinpoint your ancestry why would you give that up to just be vaguely African American like us? What other group of people do you see doing that?

All the non slave descendant Africans I know living in this country are proud of their home countries.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, but the whole world?:gucci:

I wonder why they didn't take that money, and build up their country, or at least build up strong communities in the U.S.

Where did the money go?
@MansaMusa @The Wave
Are Nigerian and can tell you why Nigeria is he way it is

Here's an African trying to tell descendants of slaves whether they should say "nikka" or not. Why does everyone feel they have a say in what we do? Don't usually see this with any other ethnic group.

Dude is commenting on another dude telling mixed women they shouldn't say nikka

:yeshrug:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Here's an African trying to tell descendants of slaves whether they should say "nikka" or not. Why does everyone feel they have a say in what we do? Don't usually see this with any other ethnic group.

She has always been passive aggressive towards AA. No clue why AA women on these sites keep giving her a platform but she better be careful rustling the hornet's nest.

The irony is that Islanders and Africans sound like clowns when they say nikka.

Frieza

Supervillain
Daps
Reppin
The Bush
My dad is African and I only identify with AA people and culture. I'm really only AA with somali roots. I was raised around my people in ATL lol. I hand no choice to see myself as different.

Is your father Somali? Nvm evident from context. Do you speak any Somali at all? :patrice:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
She has always been passive aggressive towards AA. No clue why AA women on these sites keep giving her a platform but she better be careful rustling the hornet's nest.

:patrice:You mean those not born in the US with accents right?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

These types have a weird obsession with AAs...

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
People who use "Africaness" and "purity" as metrics of Blackness to try to downplay AAs are lames.

I'm not even talking about that either. But notice those who DO bring what you said up NEVER bring that up against Afro-Latinos for some reason. But instead they ride Afro-Latinos jock especially their women/men. lol...

We AAs really need to have this moment and glad its growing on the Coli.