At some point won't African immigrants just become AA?

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse

Anybody know where I can find the whole video? I was gonna start a thread but all my threads flop

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Anybody know where I can find the whole video? I was gonna start a thread but all my threads flop

Start one. But then these ppl are often chosen and paid to speak on the "Black Experience". How when they don't even know it?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
And yeah it seems AA are the only black minority group that has this issue. Nobody ever would say blacks of non-Brazilian ancestry are Afro-Brazilian. And I'm pretty sure Afro-Brazilians would find it disrespectful to an extent themselves.

Lets say African-Americans start migrating to Brazil and start having kids and those kids become second and third generation American-Brazilians. Are those American-Brazilians now Afro-Brazilians? Even though they don't have the same shared heritage/history as Afro-Brazilians. But are they?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
And yeah it seems AA are the only black minority group that has this issue. Nobody ever would say blacks of non-Brazilian ancestry are Afro-Brazilian. And I'm pretty sure Afro-Brazilians would find it disrespectful to an extent themselves.

Lets say African-Americans start migrating to Brazil and start having kids and those kids become second and third generation American-Brazilians. Are those American-Brazilians now Afro-Brazilians? Even though they don't have the same shared heritage/history as Afro-Brazilians. But are they?

it clearly has something to do with the ubiquity of afram culture/history

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
it clearly has something to do with the ubiquity of afram culture/history

I think it has more to do with us not definitively carving out a national identity separate from America and being a small minority in the U.S., but the popular influence of what we've created here around the world may play a part too.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would a African Immigrant want to be seen as a AA so badly? Is there something wrong with being a African immigrant?

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not confusing anything my point is "AA" by your way of definition want to decide who is AA and Who is black. stop dikk eating and let nikkas do them.

it doesn't matter either way imma still select AA when i fill out apps and imma still be described as- AA a label i didn't give myself.
Although "other" might be advantageous at times.
selecting AA on applications actually limits you MORE than just selecting African immigrant. I am confused why African immigrants do not want to be seen as what they really are. Do you hate people knowing that you have closer ties to African than AA's?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I think it has more to do with us not definitively carving out a national identity separate from America and being a small minority in the U.S.,

I disagree because outside the USA, people are easily able to point out a distinct afram culture/history whereas in the USA, they (outsiders) often will lay claim/identify fully to it and blend in which is influenced by the ubiquity of it.

but the popular influence of what we've created here around the world may play a part too.

this is the real reason

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
selecting AA on applications actually limits you MORE than just selecting African immigrant. I am confused why African immigrants do not want to be seen as what they really are. Do you hate people knowing that you have closer ties to African than AA's?
what form do you know has "African immigrant" as a choice?

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just listening to a Tim Sykes video(penny stock trading) and he said no one wants to do business with Nigerians because they are con artists!

I never knew it was that bad. For any Africans in here don't take this as me being a dikk, but I want to know why are Nigerians seen in the baddest light in the business world? Meaning what conning are they doing, exactly?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I was just listening to a Tim Sykes video(penny stock trading) and he said no one wants to do business with Nigerians because they are con artists!

I never knew it was that bad. For any Africans in here don't take this as me being a dikk, but I want to know why are Nigerians seen in the baddest light in the business world? Meaning what conning are they doing, exactly?

You're from Brooklyn right? Nigerians were the kings of scamming before it became cool

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're from Brooklyn right? Nigerians were the kings of scamming before it became cool
Yeah, but the whole world?:gucci:

I wonder why they didn't take that money, and build up their country, or at least build up strong communities in the U.S.

Where did the money go?

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Yeah, but the whole world?:gucci:

I wonder why they didn't take that money, and build up their country, or at least build up strong communities in the U.S.

Where did the money go?
You think Nigerians only immigrate to the US? :mjpls: You think they only send those fake money emails to Americans? :mjpls:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think Nigerians only immigrate to the US? :mjpls: You think they only send those fake money emails to Americans? :mjpls:
My question is what are they doing in the business world that makes others not want to do business with them. Emails are not what I consider business.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
My question is what are they doing in the business world that makes others not want to do business with them. Emails are not what I consider business.
Reconsider what you think business is then b. I make money sending emails myself.