At some point won't African immigrants just become AA?

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
:heh: all @Logmanjames said is most children on Africans that grow up in the US tend to act like regular Black folks 90% of the time. Even if you don't consider them AAs it's not like they are walking down the street shouting in Twi and wearing African garb. If not for their last name you usually can't tell if the difference if they are West African.
So if someone simply "acts" Jamaican or "dresses" Nigerian does that make them so?

I'm just curious if some of yall keep these simple standards for other cultures the way yall do for AA's.
:jbhmm:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
So if someone simply "acts" Jamaican or "dresses" Nigerian does that make them so?

I'm just curious if some of yall keep these simple standards for other cultures the way yall do for AA's.

Cause they think all we are is Hip Hop and Soul Food...

How many times have I heard a West Indian or an African say Black Americans don't have no culture...

And then they'll speak our slang and say nikka and listen to our music and act like we didn't make that shyt...

And then they'll even go to our damn churches...

And then they'll even start talking about Malcolm X and shyt...

I just be like....:russ:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
As I said before in the quote you quoted, ethnicity is additive. If you have a AA parent then you are AA. Ethnicity does not function like race which is subtractive or at least that is how the Coli treats race.
Makes sense to me....

:manny:

Black/African-Descent is the Family, and our individual ethnicities are the Genus...

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Cause they think all we are is Hip Hop and Soul Food...

How many times have I heard a West Indian or an African say Black Americans don't have no culture...

And then they'll speak our slang and say nikka and listen to our music and act like we didn't make that shyt...

And then they'll even go to our damn churches...

And then they'll even start talking about Malcolm X and shyt...

I just be like....:russ:

Africans have their own specialized churches and mosques here in the NYC/NJ area.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps

If they're born in nigeria or jamaica yeah.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Lol...a handout? I want my fukking birthright...:mjlol:

For now on...when a nikka call something a handout...when White people have received the biggest out called American slavery and they received the biggest handout with Jim Crow and the Black Codes and the fukking New Deal...they need to slapped

But a descendant of a slave ask that he can be made whole, so he can wipe generation poverty from his family tree...it's a called a handout...some nikkas are fukking retarded. :childplease:

And Native Americans held slaves so no they weren't stolen from. Their labor wasn't used to produce what we now call the USA.

nikkas that care about Native Americans are loss...:mjlol:

Care about the biggest fukking sellouts in this country...enslaving Black people so they can be like White people...making anti-miscegenation laws against Blacks and interbreeding with cacs...:scust:

That's how I know nikkas ain't right in the head.

fukk Native Americans...:pacspit:

Native Americans have no rights to the USA...they made a mortal sin and held slaves in this country longer than White people...the fukk do I look like sharing my claim on this country with a race of enslavers.

so let me ask you this. What are your thoughts about African Americans who went to Liberia and practiced the same hate that was brought unto them to the native Liberians?

As far as Native American goes, it all depended on which tribe did what. Some tribes had slaves - true. Others were enslaved and tortured with blacks.

Native American slave owners were no different and no less disgusting than Black slaves who snitched on other blacks to the white slave master about other slaved doing incorrect work.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Of course a West Indian nikka would go against his own best interests...:mjlol:

I'm all about blacks uniting. I'm not going to be lured in this divisive mess that you guys got going on. At the end of the day this mess only exist on the web and is practiced 0% of the time in reality. Thats why the topic is funny as hell to me. LMAO.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
WAYment, So wouldn't that technically make us Haitians and Jamaicans AA since we're descendants of the trans-Atlantic slave trade also?

:patrice:

I had a brainfart and didn't even think about that before....

ALOT of Blacks in NO and the state Louisiana have Haitian heritage....

There's also the Gullah people of SC who still have held on to African heritage..

There's so many sub-groups of AA's in the US and sub-cultures who have held on to Lineage...What does that make them?

This is tricky....

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
To answer the OP it all depends on how you classify yourself. My parents are Haitian and raised me in a white area and stuffed American culture up and down my throat. White kids in school viewed me as African and with the education system I always considered myself African American. That was until I grew up and started exploring other parts of Brooklyn where Haitians are and realized I was actually Haitian-American and African Americans are people from the south who have been here for centuries. Even though I am probably as Americanized as your typical AA, I still view myself as Haitian-American and I think my future children will also be viewed the same since I want to expand the Haitian culture to them.

Italain and Irish Americans are 4 - 5 generations deep in America and still dont just claim White American. It all depends on your personally.