Asus Rog Ally |OT| Another competitor enters the arena

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
first impressions after 24 hours.

3. No heat where my hands are. Am concerned about whenever I add an SD card, as the slot is at the top vent and it can get toasty there.
I fukkin knew it. glad I didn't add one. if I need more storage just gonna swap the SSD.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The SD Card reader location is a design flaw. My recommendation is to just not use it. If you watch any teardown videos, you will see that the SD Card reader sits right underneath the right side heatpipe with no insulation in between. A simple piece of ABS or foam would solve the problem. I predict this is what they will do in future production runs. If I upgrade my SSD, I will probably do this too.

I just finished my first game on the Ally (Rage 2). I have no regrets selling my Steam Deck.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Just came back from a dr vacation. This is hands down the best tech purchase I ever made.

I’m aware of the sd issues but I never had any problems since launch day and I’m using a 1tb sd card for a retrobat emulation setup. Over 70 preconfigured systems including ps3 Xbox360 and switch.

Then I have a 2tb ssd I got from alixpress for only 106$. Was very iffy about it since it seemed too good to be true but the steam deck Reddit vouched for it and it’s been working great since I installed it. No issues at all. Have RDR2 Cyberpunk black ops Cold War doom eternal and kingdom hearts 3 installed.

Then on top of all that I been using this thing most as a media player during my vacation. Plex and vlc are great on this screen.

Very satisfied with this

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
how palpable is the performance difference on this thing compared to the deck? I copped a deck about a month ago to access my steam library when I’m out the states but this thing is kinda weak

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
how palpable is the performance difference on this thing compared to the deck? I copped a deck about a month ago to access my steam library when I’m out the states but this thing is kinda weak

performance is noticeably better
screen is noticeably better
battery is noticeably worse

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone tried any switch emulation with this yet? If so, how was it?

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone tried any switch emulation with this yet? If so, how was it?
I have the deck, switch ran fine.
With ally you will be a le to get better performance and run it in a higher display.