Asus Rog Ally |OT| Another competitor enters the arena

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I installed a bunch of emulators and Roms on my Steam Deck, and besides the occasional instance of showing off the Steam Deck's capability to play NES, Genesis, or Dreamcast games, I spent very few hours playing them. I don't see myself installing any on my Ally.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I installed a bunch of emulators and Roms on my Steam Deck, and besides the occasional instance of showing off the Steam Deck's capability to play NES, Genesis, or Dreamcast games, I spent very few hours playing them. I don't see myself installing any on my Ally.
You're not wrong

But I'm gonna do it anyway :mjlit:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not interested n playing switch games?

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Not interested n playing switch games?
Nah. The only Switch game that interests me is Astral Chain, but there wasn't enough interest for me to install it on the Steam Deck. I also really hated navigating SteamOS Desktop mode. With the Ally, installing emulators would be much easier for me, but I already own a bunch of games I haven't played yet so, I don't see myself going down that road anytime soon.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
720p with RSR enabled looks better than I thought it would :leon:

If you've got a game that can't hit highs on 1080p, this is a good crutch

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
720p with RSR enabled looks better than I thought it would :leon:

If you've got a game that can't hit highs on 1080p, this is a good crutch
screen isn't oled unfortunately but it still looks good. I'm impressed. still not returning it so far after a couple days. its biggest sin is the battery life but with the power it makes sense.

I feel like as of now its main drawbacks fall on Windows being more mobile friendly, not ASUS. this is a badass piece of hardware.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Been loving my Ally. I saw some people on Reddit were having issues with their SD card readers and that made me consider returning mine since today was the last day I could get a refund at Best Buy. However, I haven’t had any issues so I just said F it I’m keeping mine. This has been clutch to get me through my down time at work. Also, if you guys haven’t played Vampire Survivors, check it out.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Been loving my Ally. I saw some people on Reddit were having issues with their SD card readers and that made me consider returning mine since today was the last day I could get a refund at Best Buy. However, I haven’t had any issues so I just said F it I’m keeping mine. This has been clutch to get me through my down time at work. Also, if you guys haven’t played Vampire Survivors, check it out.
Vampire Survivors was a fun indie, highly addicting.

I had a sneaky feeling there would be SD card issues(i posted earlier concern about how close the reader was at the top vent where all the heat was)

I think when I want more storage im gonna pop in a new SSD instead. I looked online and this thing is easy to to open and out in a new drive.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Best Buy let me rock and granted me an exchange for a brand new one, after I talked to a manager. Asus really isn’t very helpful at all. When you go to their support site and input your device type and serial number it just tells you to go to Best Buy and seek help from Geek Squad. If you bring your Ally to them they’ll tell you their Geek Squad people will attempt to repair your device and it could take a few weeks for you to get it back.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Best Buy let me rock and granted me an exchange for a brand new one, after I talked to a manager. Asus really isn’t very helpful at all. When you go to their support site and input your device type and serial number it just tells you to go to Best Buy and seek help from Geek Squad. If you bring your Ally to them they’ll tell you their Geek Squad people will attempt to repair your device and it could take a few weeks for you to get it back.

maxresdefault.jpg