ASUS announces their own handheld pc

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
If they release it for $850 and under, I will buy it day one and sell my Steam Deck. Twice as powerful, better screen, quieter fans, lighter/thinner, and the ability to easily install all non-steam game launchers. That more than makes up for the higher price tag. First things I would do is re-up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and make a GOG account.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
If they release it for $850 and under, I will buy it day one and sell my Steam Deck. Twice as powerful, better screen, quieter fans, lighter/thinner, and the ability to easily install all non-steam game launchers. That more than makes up for the higher price tag. First things I would do is re-up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and make a GOG account.
I’ll change my screen name if it’s 850 :wow:

I am only so loyal.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think a lot of these companies understand the gaming market. The steam deck is thriving because of Steam.

Valve basically has a monopoly on the PC storefront
Eh I mean the ASUS and there was another handheld gaming PC is the same because you can install steam or any of the gaming services. Can also use cracked games as well…

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
This right here

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
850 or under is a instant cop for me. Kinda glad I held off of the steam deck for as long as i did cause i was tempted a few times. Been using my modded switch as a bootleg steam deck for game streaming lol.
I absolutely love my Steam Deck, its an amazing device, but given that Asus appears to be serious in releasing this device, I advise anyone willing to spend more than the price of the Steam Deck to wait.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This won't top the Steam deck. The steam ecosystem has a following like the Nintendo Switch

Secondly, it uses a customized verison of Linux which allows more growth and improvement to gaming compared to Windows sized down to a gaming handheld which sucks as a full time system.

This device needs its own OS comparable to Linux. In conclusion shipping with Windows and not a customized OS is a negative to these PC gamers. The specs are cool but we all know it's BS with Windows from drivers on down.

I am happy to see competitors get serious about PC gaming though.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I was watching Dave 2D preview of this and he seems really excited for it.

And he was told it’s supposed to be aggressively priced from ASUS themselves.

Not interested in a handheld pc, at the moment, but I am curious where it lands pricing wise.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Handheld looks pretty dope but I'm not convinced of ASUS's "aggressive pricing" talk. If they can get this $700, it could be a success but I think you're looking at a very barebone SKU at that price even.

I'll be happy if they can pull it off :ehh: