|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It’s windows.

I got a steam deck on order right now.

Ima cancel or send that shyt back if this is 1k or less :ohhh:
I just put a steam deck on order too. I have an ASUS mobo in my gaming pc. They are pricy, but high quality. I'm sure their handheld will be nice, but I'm not really looking to play demanding games on a handheld. I bought the Steam Deck for all those indies that are easy to run, last gen games, and emulation. The price point on the Steam deck is great though. I'm thinking the ASUS handheld will be over $1K, but who knows

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
they announced this on April Fools and everyone thought it was a joke :mjlol:

the big question is the price. these handheld computers have been around for a minute, but they're usually $1000+. Steam Deck has been so successful because it's reasonably priced

Add to Steam already having that massive following. This shyt just a portable PC build no identity.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im leaning towards it being $700. They know that if they price it any higher , its dead on arrival.

Its dead no matter what lol even at 500, which it won’t be.

There’s no room in the portable space for another handheld. Steamdeck suits the needs of pc players/enthusiasts and nintendo covers the casual market at 150-350

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can boot the steam deck into windows, so consider that if this ends up being more expensive.
I was reading about that and from what i gathered it’s not an ideal experience with drivers and support things like that.

You got any experience using windows with the steam deck?

If i can just use it like a PC that would be amazing.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
If it can house EpicGames, I'm wit it. I been able to get so much shyt on my Asus ROG laptop with just EpicGames and Steam (which I barely use). From God of War, to Miles Morales etc.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was reading about that and from what i gathered it’s not an ideal experience with drivers and support things like that.

You got any experience using windows with the steam deck?

If i can just use it like a PC that would be amazing.
unfortunately no, I do not. I do all of my windows gaming on desktop.

odd that it doesnt work well, as duel booting is pretty seamless between intel Macs and Dell Ubuntu machines. wonder whats wrong with the steam deck? computers half its power have no problems duel booting:jbhmm:

I do have friends that duel boot into windows on the deck for Halo since unfortunately it doesnt have easy anti cheat support on steam OS. its been fine for them

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
unfortunately no, I do not. I do all of my windows gaming on desktop.

odd that it doesnt work well, as duel booting is pretty seamless between intel Macs and Dell Ubuntu machines. wonder whats wrong with the steam deck? computers half its power have no problems duel booting:jbhmm:

I do have friends that duel boot into windows on the deck for Halo since unfortunately it doesnt have easy anti cheat support on steam OS. its been fine for them
The drivers for windows are trash