ASUS announces their own handheld pc

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they announced this on April Fools and everyone thought it was a joke :mjlol:

the big question is the price. these handheld computers have been around for a minute, but they're usually $1000+. Steam Deck has been so successful because it's reasonably priced

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
They adding the ASUS tax to this shyt too? :lolbron:

I ain’t buying anything ASUS after this last upgrade I just did :pacspit:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: I get it, the market is thriving, but here's something that Steam Deck does right versus all of these friggin handhelds....getting Linux to work well with the games.

Thus, the hardware is cheap and sturdy, while the Windows based handhelds are expensive as hell and have numerous issues.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:francis: I get it, the market is thriving, but here's something that Steam Deck does right versus all of these friggin handhelds....getting Linux to work well with the games.

Thus, the hardware is cheap and sturdy, while the Windows based handhelds are expensive as hell and have numerous issues.

The only other company that will manage to hit the sweet spot will be the next nintendo handheld.

You need good battery life, good screen, great graphics, WiFi, ergonomics, software, AND you need to be able to keep the cost low enough for the type of person that actually wants a portable device, which is small.

The steam deck hasn’t even sold 2 million units yet, and the switch lite is the worst selling sku out of the 3. The biggest selling point of the switch is that you can use it as a home console, not just a pokemon device.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

if more games supported linux my desktop woulda been running Arch long ago. I got an old laptop on Arch and its glorious. shyt, id even take Mint over windows.