Assess my cover letter, What changes should I make? Would u consider hiring me

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Breh I dont care about this job shyt, its just a temporary solution, my long term goals are way bigger...I just need it until I can get my following built

Then you need to care, breh. You can't be like "I don't care about this shyt" and "I just need it until such and such" in the same breath. You put your best foot forward at all times, breh.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the position? Ur a lil too familiar in your writing as others noted.
Here's an example-

To Whom It May Concern:

Currently our field is in peril. Despite the recent innovations of ________, there is a major absence of ________. My skill set of (whatever it is) can help your company meet these needs and develop this area in a variety of different ways.

My experience of _______has fully prepared me for _____________. Moreover, additional experiences in the areas of __________, _________, and ___________ have helped me hone abilities that I can use to enhance my interactions within the company. Ideally, I envision (list a sample project or idea that might be attractive to the company. This vision could_____________. I would also be willing to collaborate with team members and provide any training necessary for successful implementation.

I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss these ideas further. You may contact me at (124)456-7890 at any time. I look forward to meeting with you soon. Our field is indeed in peril, but my skills can help your company change that.

Sincerely

Booksnrain

U wanna tease em a lil bit in the cover letter with an idea that they'll have to bring you in to learn more about. In the interview you talk like ur already apart of the company instead of applying. Now the tables have turned. It's not u looking for a job. It's them looking for you in a conversation between colleagues. Good luck!!!! You'll get it!!!! I'm cheering for you!!!! Gambatte!!!!
appreciate it.....thanks...youve always been nice too me....were cool :hug:

The5thLetter

Meow
Supporter
Daps
Awww, thanks! I taught basic life skills for a few years at our local community center - the one that was in-between my apartment complex and government housing (literally). You have kids out there who really need to learn these kinds of skills, and I wish they'd make it mandatory for graduating high school - that, and financial skills. It hurts me so much to see how poorer people get so horribly fukked simply b/c they don't know any better. But OP just sounds like an obnoxious prick. No excuses. shyt, he's talking about looking over a portfolio for a job when most of us have CAREERS.
This is exactly what I've been saying. In Junior and/or senior year I think personal finances should be a MANDATORY course to take so kids don't get screwed making mortgage decisions with student loans.

thats respect, Im going to take your advice. U didnt come at me condescending and talking down to me like im a child, you came at me respectfully and like a gentlemen...some people dont know how to talk to ppl, but then again most HR people are dikks
U were actually rude to me 1st. If u only take the advice if its delivered in the way u want it you'll miss out on a lot in life. Ppl actually cared abt trying to help u in this thread, whether u liked the tone or not. If u wanna disregard all these gems then Godspeed

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Breh I dont care about this job shyt, its just a temporary solution, my long term goals are way bigger...I just need it until I can get my following built

For the sake of your bank balance, you should.

If you're not:
  • self employed
  • already on
  • you don't own a business
  • you don't have a rich family

swallow your pride, and put in work.

Last edited:

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
Heres mine:

To Whom It May Concern:

Please accept my resume and application for the [insert position] position for [insert employer]. I believe my experiences, education and vast skills are proficient in meeting every requirement needed to fulfil your job posting. In June of 2016 I graduated from [institution] with a Bachelor of Arts in Law and also credited with an Ontario Secondary School Diploma which was awarded to me in 2011. I have four years experience in administrative support, with proficient knowledge of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet composing, making travel and scheduling arrangements, answering telephones and processing payments. My expertise has been recognized in several of my previous positions, such as my model employee certificate and certificate of service awarded to me in 2010 at [company]. My key skills include software troubleshooting, with proficient knowledge of both Windows and OS X operating systems, high attention to detail, and the ability to carry out various technical and administrative functions in a fast and efficient manner.

I view myself to be a great prospect for the [position] due to my dedication and ability to work in a team and individually, and I can adapt to various situations that may arise, and handle additional assigned duties. In summary, I am a recent university graduate with vast experience in clerical and administrative support with a large array of office and technology skills. Attached to this application is my resume for your further review. I welcome the opportunity to discuss my additional qualifications, previous work experience and what I may offer to you.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

[name]
utilize it and tweak however you feel

Luna

All Star
Daps
This thread. :deadrose:
Post a sample of your work, OP. Even if you have to watermark or crop it. If it's fire, I'm sure the tone will change. :yes:

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I see ...

If this is the case, then you ought to be well-known and well-connected to the point where people call you when they have an opening to see what you're up to, not where you're asking a bunch of people -- regardless of how insightful and as knowledgeable as they have shown themselves to be -- on a messageboard about how to fix a cover letter.

Exactly. Hell, I could contact my old grad school advisor TODAY if I need to. OP's such hot fiyah, but he's having to get Coli knowledge on how to write a cover letter to beg random people to look over his brilliant portfolio. Who knew Dylan Dilinjah is an artist now?

0.jpg

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Your grammatical errors will be the first reason they don't call you back. Secondly, your cover letter should be very specific to the job you want. Listing all the things you've done is what your resume is for.

naw I dont got time for a new letter per job...I write one and attach it .....my work is so fire...it should matter anyway

Ask for advice, rebuke it brehs

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
@DrX just a heads up but you should edit the original post because every employer googles the fukk outta everyone before hiring

you dont want them to google a part of your cover letter, find this and come across all your other threads :wow:

also that cover letter is pure trash

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@DrX just a heads up but you should edit the original post because every employer googles the fukk outta everyone before hiring

you dont want them to google a part of your cover letter, find this and come across all your other threads :wow:
i say the same thing i say on here on twitter bro....idgaf....:yeshrug: lol......i never was able to get hired corporate anyway, i can only see a creative studio hiring me and thatll most like be off the quality of my work