Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Next Gen Looks Amazing

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
they going with tired animus sci fi set up for these game. And the combat is terrible, shouldv'e developed into something like GOT over the years, instead they regressed and turned into a less dated verion of KOTOR combat where you basically roll dice to see how much damage an attack does on some dungeons and dragons type shyt. Also the whole rpg style create a character direction they go in means the protaginist will always be generic. No more Ezio type swag in these games. No arthur Morgan, or Geralt etc
The whole formula needs to be revamped from the ground up.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They can keep the open world format, but need to focus on each world being it's own ip. Naughty Dog didn't do Uncharted: Zombies, they did Last of us.
Ditch the animus, ditch the assasins and templars. Just make a good game series about Vikings. Do a good combat system, you can keep the rpg elements that work but do a more straight forward cinematic story. No need for aliens and monsters. Vikings are cool enough on their own. Just like Samurai was in GOT. If you want to do a game about Aliens make that into a separate game series or game mode. No need to cross genres with every game.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
They didn't get a negative stigma until like 2017 or so. Back in 2008 they were considered fresh and a decent game dev.

Y'all gotta remember that games like AC2 amd Far Cry 3 were top of the line game of the year contenders when they came out. People didn't start pushing back against open world games until last year

No they weren't breh, trust me, they been ass since 2010. Watch Dogs 1 release back in 2013 and it was dumpster juice.

The old Ubisoft back in the late 90s and early 2000s was the GOAT. Tom Clancy games were actually quality. Then you had Prince of Persia which was fi

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yes that’s why the youtube video has almost half a million views...you can post the other shyt when it drops :yeshrug:

People love to shyt on IGN until its a game they love receiving praise lol

I only watch ign and gamespot reviews because they’re usually well articulated, and to the point. I honestly dont know how or why people watch review videos for games that are 12-20 minutes long. You want to know about how good the game is or do you want them to show you the entire thing?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People love to shyt on IGN until its a game they love receiving praise lol

I only watch ign and gamespot reviews because they’re usually well articulated, and to the point. I honestly dont know how or why people watch review videos for games that are 12-20 minutes long. You want to know about how good the game is or do you want them to show you the entire thing?

I fukk with IGN and gametrailers (rip) heavy...my gaming scores/preferences are usually in line with their reviewers’...there’s been less than a handful of times when I flat out disagreed with a game review of theirs

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Y'all still read IGN Game reviews in 2020?:mjlol::mjlol: At least wait till Angry Joe or ACG review the game first:picard:

Haven't been on IGN in a year or so, just was echoing the sentiments around the net :manny:. I was interested in the game early, saw early gameplay that made it look like a flop, got burnt out on AC games, but pleasantly surprised to see people rocking with it

Like I said I'm only copping on deep discount after all the bugs fixed :mjgrin:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Bruh, that game 5+ years old. I doubt anyone is checking for that.
People are sheep bruh. Unity was ambitious and was a good game according to people who care (I don't) the problem was it didn't run well and that turned a lot of people off. Supposedly now it runs great and is actually fun. Multiplayer campaign. I own like 7 ac games and have finished zero. maybe the first one but I don't even remember

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I remember when Assassin Creed 1 dropped. shyt was so innovative
Never thought this shyt would be never ending
These dudes could have easily made a new IP with this technology
I always thought the series would go in a similar direction as the hitman series with a huge open world and a ton of ways assassinate your target.

Instead it became a third person action game with Arkham asylum combat mechanics.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I check for IGN and GameSpot reviews because if the game is a straight up flop, you'll hear it there first.

They also tend to review lesser known or lower profile games from a much more critical perspective because they don't have to kiss the game's ass, so those are generally valid. A youtuber is more likely to praise a lesser known game in my experience

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I know I'm not tripping but this game looks like their snowboard game Steep, but with Vikings instead of snowboards and skis:stopitslime: Probably lifted all the assets out of that and dropped them in here too.

And where is the next Splinter Cell?:mindblown:

UbiSoft playing around with these IPs and just nickle & dime nowadays instead of just dropping some fire.