Assassins Creed: Shadows (Japan) 2024+

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I am glad games are doing more Japan stuff. Even though I enjoy Ubisoft games I am hoping they have revamped a lot of things for this game because their engine is old and just looks terrible in comparison to all the other new games.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Bruh I don’t wanna derail the thread but yasuke in the past 10 years has blown up greatly. Anytime a “black samurai” is created he is either seen as a yasuke inspiration or referenced as yasuke. At this point it’s just lazy and made to pander to us.

• Yasuke plays a minor role in the 2005 to 2017 manga series Hyouge Mono by Yoshihiro Yamada.[34]
  • Yasuke is featured in the 2016 to 2020 manga series Nobunaga o Koroshyta Otoko (信長を殺した男, "The Man Who Killed Nobunaga") by Akechi Kenzaburō and Yutaka Tōdō.[34]
  • Yasuke appears as Alessandro Valignano's servant in volume 29 of the ongoing manga series Nobunaga no Shefu (信長のシェフ, "Nobunaga's Chef") by Takurō Kajikawa.[34]
  • The ongoing time-travel manga series Nobunaga Concerto by Ayumi Ishii portrays Yasuke as a Black baseball player from the present day.[34]
  • It has been claimed that the Takashi Okazaki's Afro Samurai franchise is based on Yasuke.[28]
  • The 2017 video game Nioh and its 2020 sequel feature a fictional portrayal of Yasuke, voiced by Richie Campbell.[32][35]
  • In March 2017, Lionsgate announced plans for a live-action film about Yasuke titled Black Samurai. Michael De Luca and Stephen L'Heureux would serve as producers in a co-production between De Luca Productions and Solipsist Films, with Gregory Widen as the screenwriter.[36] In May 2019, Deadline reported that the film, retitled Yasuke, had left Lionsgate for Picturestart, with Doug Miro replacing Widen as the screenwriter. Chadwick Boseman signed on to portray Yasuke in the film and to serve as a co-producer through his production company, Xception Content.[37][38] In August 2020, Boseman died of colon cancer.[39] As of September 2021, Picturestart's official website states that the film is "in development".[40]
  • In April 2019, MGM announced plans for their own live-action film about Yasuke, to be produced by Andrew Mittman and Lloyd Braun of Whalerock Industries, with a script written by Stuart C. Paul.[41]
  • Yasuke is the main protagonist in the 2021 Netflix anime series Yasuke, created by LeSean Thomas and animated by MAPPA. He is voiced by Jun Soejima in Japanese and LaKeith Stanfield in English.[42][43]
  • Koei Tecmo's 2021 video game Samurai Warriors 5 includes Yasuke as a playable character, voiced by Paddy Ryan.[44][45][46]
  • A black samurai inspired by Yasuke, named Nagoriyuki, appears in Arc System Works' 2021 fighting game Guilty Gear Strive.[47]

Y’all nikkas complain about anything :mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:why:
Bayak was not a real person from history
its-still-real-to-me-dammit-wwe.gif

He's still real to me damnit

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as this brotha is given the option to be from Harlem and smash as many females like they did with Alexios in AC Odyssey. :yeshrug:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
:why:
Bayak was not a real person from history

Marketing doublespeak won't play here, gtfo :rudy:
They made Piri Reis an assassin, but because he wasn't playable I guess that doesn't count :rudy:
And now with their jazz-hands routine - oh he's real! - that makes it fine that social stealth in mf'n Japan makes no sense for this character :rudy:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marketing doublespeak won't play here, gtfo :rudy:
They made Piri Reis an assassin, but because he wasn't playable I guess that doesn't count :rudy:
And now with their jazz-hands routine - oh he's real! - that makes it fine that social stealth in mf'n Japan makes no sense for this character :rudy:
Your beef seems to be with the person who wrote the article

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope. This is all Ubisoft. This lazy of a marketing angle right out of the gate doesn't bode well for the actual game being worthwhile.
:russ:
The reason they did it was because his life in Japan was not well documented un like other historical figures. Hell Brutus was a assassin and you see how they shoe horned him in. This new guy could even be from another tribe of esu.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Bruh I don’t wanna derail the thread but yasuke in the past 10 years has blown up greatly. Anytime a “black samurai” is created he is either seen as a yasuke inspiration or referenced as yasuke. At this point it’s just lazy and made to pander to us.

• Yasuke plays a minor role in the 2005 to 2017 manga series Hyouge Mono by Yoshihiro Yamada.[34]
  • Yasuke is featured in the 2016 to 2020 manga series Nobunaga o Koroshyta Otoko (信長を殺した男, "The Man Who Killed Nobunaga") by Akechi Kenzaburō and Yutaka Tōdō.[34]
  • Yasuke appears as Alessandro Valignano's servant in volume 29 of the ongoing manga series Nobunaga no Shefu (信長のシェフ, "Nobunaga's Chef") by Takurō Kajikawa.[34]
  • The ongoing time-travel manga series Nobunaga Concerto by Ayumi Ishii portrays Yasuke as a Black baseball player from the present day.[34]
  • It has been claimed that the Takashi Okazaki's Afro Samurai franchise is based on Yasuke.[28]
  • The 2017 video game Nioh and its 2020 sequel feature a fictional portrayal of Yasuke, voiced by Richie Campbell.[32][35]
  • In March 2017, Lionsgate announced plans for a live-action film about Yasuke titled Black Samurai. Michael De Luca and Stephen L'Heureux would serve as producers in a co-production between De Luca Productions and Solipsist Films, with Gregory Widen as the screenwriter.[36] In May 2019, Deadline reported that the film, retitled Yasuke, had left Lionsgate for Picturestart, with Doug Miro replacing Widen as the screenwriter. Chadwick Boseman signed on to portray Yasuke in the film and to serve as a co-producer through his production company, Xception Content.[37][38] In August 2020, Boseman died of colon cancer.[39] As of September 2021, Picturestart's official website states that the film is "in development".[40]
  • In April 2019, MGM announced plans for their own live-action film about Yasuke, to be produced by Andrew Mittman and Lloyd Braun of Whalerock Industries, with a script written by Stuart C. Paul.[41]
  • Yasuke is the main protagonist in the 2021 Netflix anime series Yasuke, created by LeSean Thomas and animated by MAPPA. He is voiced by Jun Soejima in Japanese and LaKeith Stanfield in English.[42][43]
  • Koei Tecmo's 2021 video game Samurai Warriors 5 includes Yasuke as a playable character, voiced by Paddy Ryan.[44][45][46]
  • A black samurai inspired by Yasuke, named Nagoriyuki, appears in Arc System Works' 2021 fighting game Guilty Gear Strive.[47]

Yasuke's appearance in mangas/animes no-one really read/watched, very minor roles, and movies that never came out. He's hardly overblown, and Ubisoft is not trying to pander to anyone. They don't need to pander. They probably want to tell a different story and here you come on some hater shyt.

:camby:

And, I bet if the character was a white Samurai, you wouldn't mind at all. :mjpls: