Assassins Creed: Shadows (Japan) 2024+

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for one, combat in Tsushima is just way better than Assassins Creed. Theres no bettter sword combat in gaming.

In Tsushima they made you feel like an actual samurai. It was the perfect homage to Kurosawa. Assassins creed has no real identity, its not even a stealth game anymore, it wants to be a witcher clone, now the new one is going back to the roots, which is always something devs do when they run out of ideas.

And Tsushima isn’t even my favorite ps game, but Suckerpunch jumped over Ubi with ease with the entire execution of that game. Everything AC does Ghost does better, and it came up with a few of its own cool gameplay mechanics, like using wind instead of relyin on your map, seamlessly changing the weather, Legends mode, duels, captiviating story, etc.

And the game is visual splendor

Its sony :yeshrug:

EeCznQWVAAAN8Vq
Another one of my favorite games what a fukkin experience but I wouldn’t compare this to any AC game though. Especially since they killed the real world elements

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:dahell:I’m lost as to what you mean. He’s barely featured and mentioned in anything.

Bruh I don’t wanna derail the thread but yasuke in the past 10 years has blown up greatly. Anytime a “black samurai” is created he is either seen as a yasuke inspiration or referenced as yasuke. At this point it’s just lazy and made to pander to us.

• Yasuke plays a minor role in the 2005 to 2017 manga series Hyouge Mono by Yoshihiro Yamada.[34]
  • Yasuke is featured in the 2016 to 2020 manga series Nobunaga o Koroshyta Otoko (信長を殺した男, "The Man Who Killed Nobunaga") by Akechi Kenzaburō and Yutaka Tōdō.[34]
  • Yasuke appears as Alessandro Valignano's servant in volume 29 of the ongoing manga series Nobunaga no Shefu (信長のシェフ, "Nobunaga's Chef") by Takurō Kajikawa.[34]
  • The ongoing time-travel manga series Nobunaga Concerto by Ayumi Ishii portrays Yasuke as a Black baseball player from the present day.[34]
  • It has been claimed that the Takashi Okazaki's Afro Samurai franchise is based on Yasuke.[28]
  • The 2017 video game Nioh and its 2020 sequel feature a fictional portrayal of Yasuke, voiced by Richie Campbell.[32][35]
  • In March 2017, Lionsgate announced plans for a live-action film about Yasuke titled Black Samurai. Michael De Luca and Stephen L'Heureux would serve as producers in a co-production between De Luca Productions and Solipsist Films, with Gregory Widen as the screenwriter.[36] In May 2019, Deadline reported that the film, retitled Yasuke, had left Lionsgate for Picturestart, with Doug Miro replacing Widen as the screenwriter. Chadwick Boseman signed on to portray Yasuke in the film and to serve as a co-producer through his production company, Xception Content.[37][38] In August 2020, Boseman died of colon cancer.[39] As of September 2021, Picturestart's official website states that the film is "in development".[40]
  • In April 2019, MGM announced plans for their own live-action film about Yasuke, to be produced by Andrew Mittman and Lloyd Braun of Whalerock Industries, with a script written by Stuart C. Paul.[41]
  • Yasuke is the main protagonist in the 2021 Netflix anime series Yasuke, created by LeSean Thomas and animated by MAPPA. He is voiced by Jun Soejima in Japanese and LaKeith Stanfield in English.[42][43]
  • Koei Tecmo's 2021 video game Samurai Warriors 5 includes Yasuke as a playable character, voiced by Paddy Ryan.[44][45][46]
  • A black samurai inspired by Yasuke, named Nagoriyuki, appears in Arc System Works' 2021 fighting game Guilty Gear Strive.[47]

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh I don’t wanna derail the thread but yasuke in the past 10 years has blown up greatly. Anytime a “black samurai” is created he is either seen as a yasuke inspiration or referenced as yasuke. At this point it’s just lazy and made to pander to us.

• Yasuke plays a minor role in the 2005 to 2017 manga series Hyouge Mono by Yoshihiro Yamada.[34]
  • Yasuke is featured in the 2016 to 2020 manga series Nobunaga o Koroshyta Otoko (信長を殺した男, "The Man Who Killed Nobunaga") by Akechi Kenzaburō and Yutaka Tōdō.[34]
  • Yasuke appears as Alessandro Valignano's servant in volume 29 of the ongoing manga series Nobunaga no Shefu (信長のシェフ, "Nobunaga's Chef") by Takurō Kajikawa.[34]
  • The ongoing time-travel manga series Nobunaga Concerto by Ayumi Ishii portrays Yasuke as a Black baseball player from the present day.[34]
  • It has been claimed that the Takashi Okazaki's Afro Samurai franchise is based on Yasuke.[28]
  • The 2017 video game Nioh and its 2020 sequel feature a fictional portrayal of Yasuke, voiced by Richie Campbell.[32][35]
  • In March 2017, Lionsgate announced plans for a live-action film about Yasuke titled Black Samurai. Michael De Luca and Stephen L'Heureux would serve as producers in a co-production between De Luca Productions and Solipsist Films, with Gregory Widen as the screenwriter.[36] In May 2019, Deadline reported that the film, retitled Yasuke, had left Lionsgate for Picturestart, with Doug Miro replacing Widen as the screenwriter. Chadwick Boseman signed on to portray Yasuke in the film and to serve as a co-producer through his production company, Xception Content.[37][38] In August 2020, Boseman died of colon cancer.[39] As of September 2021, Picturestart's official website states that the film is "in development".[40]
  • In April 2019, MGM announced plans for their own live-action film about Yasuke, to be produced by Andrew Mittman and Lloyd Braun of Whalerock Industries, with a script written by Stuart C. Paul.[41]
  • Yasuke is the main protagonist in the 2021 Netflix anime series Yasuke, created by LeSean Thomas and animated by MAPPA. He is voiced by Jun Soejima in Japanese and LaKeith Stanfield in English.[42][43]
  • Koei Tecmo's 2021 video game Samurai Warriors 5 includes Yasuke as a playable character, voiced by Paddy Ryan.[44][45][46]
  • A black samurai inspired by Yasuke, named Nagoriyuki, appears in Arc System Works' 2021 fighting game Guilty Gear Strive.[47]
:whoo:So long as he badass I don't care :manny:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

If I remember correctly didnt Yasuke and Oda eliminate the ninja clans? He was a samurai and technically not an assassin/ninja. More of a mistake on the article.

Im still a bit lukewarm on this, a lot of recent adaptations havent been that good to him tbh. Interested in the trailer though.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:whoo:So long as he badass I don't care :manny:

Guess I can respect, but I don’t have faith in anything Ubisoft does anymore. That’s basically nagoriyuki in Strive.

As long as it pisses off poor insecure cac supremacists, you should be ecstatic, friend.

That’s how you get shytty characters breh. Yasuke’s story is definitely all his own I don’t see how cacs could get mad over it. I’ve just seen so much of him in the past few years I’m over his story.

If I had faith in Ubisoft, a AC in the time of Mansa Musa and his empire e would be way more interesting.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Guess I can respect, but I don’t have faith in anything Ubisoft does anymore. That’s basically nagoriyuki in Strive.

That’s how you get shytty characters breh. Yasuke’s story is definitely all his own I don’t see how cacs could get mad over it. I’ve just seen so much of him in the past few years I’m over his story.

If I had faith in Ubisoft, a AC in the time of Mansa Musa and his empire e would be way more interesting.
Cacs are already whining, friend.
:blessed: