Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4, XB1, PC) OT

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
About to finally play this after I finish up Watch Dogs 2 :wow:, the black trilogy : Mafia 3, Watch Dogs 2, AC Origins :wow:
So the Egyptians in the game were depicted as Black? Cuz Bayek is from Siwa and yet they made him look pseudo-Middle Eastern when the people of Siwa look Blacker than that especially the Medjay Nubians who looked like the Beja today.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Bought last night for $14 on PS4 Pro. Played about the first 10-15 mins. Wasn't too impressed with the graphics and the game start pretty boring. Does this get better?

Yes. Trust me, I got somewhat bored with it at first and didn’t touch it again for a couple of months until around late December or January. Soon as I picked it back up and started grinding during the first couple of chapters, it became so much more enjoyable especially when you can finally be able to leave Siwa. I’m surprised you’re not feeling the graphics tho breh, Origins is one of the most beautiful games I’ve ever played and I’m currently playing Odyssey too. Odyssey starts out similar to Origins but follow the same strategy and you’ll most likely enjoy the game, just be warn that Odyssey is BIG asf

And word to the wise, after you leave Siwa and finally being able to actually free roam, you might wanna level up on a consistent basis because the regional leveling system within Origins’ Ancient Egypt is VERY similar to Skyrim. Don't go around throwing a lvl 8 Bayek literally into a lion’s den with the damn lions ranging from lvls 14 to 17, you WILL get that work :russ:

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I held off on this game based politics(especially the way how they changed the protags who is from SIWA one of the blackest parts in Egypt TODAY look from Black to ambiguous looking) because I study AE and I take shyt serious when it comes to their portrayal. Were the AE depicted as African looking? Because I dont wanna play a game with Eurocentric white washing.

Tbh with you breh, that was the main reason why I held off from playing Origins for a long minute until later last year. Here’s how I approached it and here’s what’s actually in the game as far as racial and ethnic portrayal.

Think about this, you ever noticed how much of the artifacts and Medu Neter descriptions that are on display in museums here in America are either outright whitewashed and/or always seem to be from the time the Greeks and Romans were colonizing and ruling what was left of Kemet? If you go to the AE Wing at the MET Museum or the Brooklyn Art Museum in NYC, that’s basically 70% of the displayed shyt in those wings.

Whereas over in Europe, they generally don’t whitewash the more African looking artifacts and displayed discoveries, at least not to the extent of America if at all, like the British Museum for example. European Cacs tend to tell the truth more so than their American counterparts.

I think Ubisoft, being based in Europe of course, knew exactly what they were doing. They figured the best way to have a Kemetic or Ancient Egyptian setting was by having it take place during the Ptolemaic dynasty during the Cleopatra era. When Egypt was ruled by the Ptolemies, a good number of Kemet’s indigenous Africans either mixed up with the Greeks, Romans, and other foreign invaders and/or still retained their original racial identity...And of course there were those Ancient Egyptians who got the fukk up outta dodge and migrated south/southwest towards Kush and Central-West Africa as refugees (which would be a gradual process that would hit a climax when the Arabs rolled into town). Pretty much the only time where a once predominantly Black/African Kemet was actually “multiracial”, so Ubisoft prolly thought that would help make everybody happy (Cacs not feeling a type of way, still have Black folks in the game which would attract Black gamers more to the franchise, etc.) and of course Ubisoft likes to mix in AC story lore (however convoluted the shyt is now) with historical accuracy.

Bayek himself to me looks like a Shemite or one of those so-called Mediterranean races that the AEs talked about in the Temple of Dendera (I think that’s the one, I know I spelt that shyt wrong tho lol) along with three other races of the world (themselves as the East African, the West African, and the Cac). He honestly looks like he’s Black mixed with either a Berber or a modern North African Arab to me, but frfr I’ve seen Black men of his complexion in real life before especially AADOS, Ethiopians, Afro Egyptians, and North Sudanese.

Most of the Egyptians in the game look similar to him. Some look more Blacker than others and some more Cac-ish than others, and of course your racially ambiguous types. There are some legit BLACK Egyptian characters in there too, you’ll meet them someday whenever you decide to play the game and dedicate grind time to it. And of course since this is Ptolemaic Egypt after all, you will run into Greeks and Romans, even the Greek colonial city of Alexandria is present in the game too. Not gonna front, it’s a really nice ass city but my most favorite city in Origins is definitely Memphis :banderas: Some Land of the Gods shyt right there

Not too much of a spoiler given the timeline, but Cleopatra is in the game too. And she looks like what she would’ve possibly looked like in real life, half-African/half-Greek....When I first saw shawdy, I was like :whew::leon::damn:

Overall breh, if you can get pass the multiracial look of AE in the game, you should be able to enjoy it. My mind felt more at ease when I found out it took place during the Ptolemaic reign, so I knew what to expect going in. I knew it would be multiracial but it would still be a leftover indigenous African presence. Also breh, the AE portrayed on the Medu Neter walls in the game are all Black and the face of the “Sphinx” looks like a Black man (or woman) for the most part too

Now if Ubisoft were to ever have a game based in Kush, they definitely wouldn’t be able to have no excuse :ufdup: That entire mofo was still Black asf even after her daughter Kemet kept getting mixed up with the Greeks and the rest of them

Good luck if you get into it breh :salute:

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Tbh with you breh, that was the main reason why I held off from playing Origins for a long minute until later last year. Here’s how I approached it and here’s what’s actually in the game as far as racial and ethnic portrayal.

Think about this, you ever noticed how much of the artifacts and Medu Neter descriptions that are on display in museums here in America are either outright whitewashed and/or always seem to be from the time the Greeks and Romans were colonizing and ruling what was left of Kemet? If you go to the AE Wing at the MET Museum or the Brooklyn Art Museum in NYC, that’s basically 70% of the displayed shyt in those wings.

Whereas over in Europe, they generally don’t whitewash the more African looking artifacts and displayed discoveries, at least not to the extent of America if at all, like the British Museum for example. European Cacs tend to tell the truth more so than their American counterparts.

I think Ubisoft, being based in Europe of course, knew exactly what they were doing. They figured the best way to have a Kemetic or Ancient Egyptian setting was by having it take place during the Ptolemaic dynasty during the Cleopatra era. When Egypt was ruled by the Ptolemies, a good number of Kemet’s indigenous Africans either mixed up with the Greeks, Romans, and other foreign invaders and/or still retained their original racial identity...And of course there were those Ancient Egyptians who got the fukk up outta dodge and migrated south/southwest towards Kush and Central-West Africa as refugees (which would be a gradual process that would hit a climax when the Arabs rolled into town). Pretty much the only time where a once predominantly Black/African Kemet was actually “multiracial”, so Ubisoft prolly thought that would help make everybody happy (Cacs not feeling a type of way, still have Black folks in the game which would attract Black gamers more to the franchise, etc.) and of course Ubisoft likes to mix in AC story lore (however convoluted the shyt is now) with historical accuracy.

Bayek himself to me looks like a Shemite or one of those so-called Mediterranean races that the AEs talked about in the Temple of Dendera (I think that’s the one, I know I spelt that shyt wrong tho lol) along with three other races of the world (themselves as the East African, the West African, and the Cac). He honestly looks like he’s Black mixed with either a Berber or a modern North African Arab to me, but frfr I’ve seen Black men of his complexion in real life before especially AADOS, Ethiopians, Afro Egyptians, and North Sudanese.

Most of the Egyptians in the game look similar to him. Some look more Blacker than others and some more Cac-ish than others, and of course your racially ambiguous types. There are some legit BLACK Egyptian characters in there too, you’ll meet them someday whenever you decide to play the game and dedicate grind time to it. And of course since this is Ptolemaic Egypt after all, you will run into Greeks and Romans, even the Greek colonial city of Alexandria is present in the game too. Not gonna front, it’s a really nice ass city but my most favorite city in Origins is definitely Memphis :banderas: Some Land of the Gods shyt right there

Not too much of a spoiler given the timeline, but Cleopatra is in the game too. And she looks like what she would’ve possibly looked like in real life, half-African/half-Greek....When I first saw shawdy, I was like :whew::leon::damn:

Overall breh, if you can get pass the multiracial look of AE in the game, you should be able to enjoy it. My mind felt more at ease when I found out it took place during the Ptolemaic reign, so I knew what to expect going in. I knew it would be multiracial but it would still be a leftover indigenous African presence. Also breh, the AE portrayed on the Medu Neter walls in the game are all Black and the face of the “Sphinx” looks like a Black man (or woman) for the most part too

Now if Ubisoft were to ever have a game based in Kush, they definitely wouldn’t be able to have no excuse :ufdup: That entire mofo was still Black asf even after her daughter Kemet kept getting mixed up with the Greeks and the rest of them

REPPED!!!! @Fatboi1 said similar things to me but wanted to get more opinions. But yea I'm def getting the game later. And yea I'm a big Egyptian head which is why I was curious about the depictions.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/ancient-egyptians-linked-more-with-other-africans.201896/

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

Great breakdown. That was also one of the things putting me off (along the gameplay way more arcadish). Might watch a playthrough or play it if a friend has a free copy

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Anybody else get the infinite loading screen at Fall of an Empire? Tried every troubleshooting method online twice. :francis:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Odyssey is like a less polished version of this game, everything looks a bit scaled down
That's disappointing. I keep wanting to buy it but I hear mixed reviews on it. The only bit of this game (Origins) I truly enjoyed was traveling around Egypt. Everything else from the plot to the characters seemed to be thrown together. Still haven't finished it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I’m still having mixed feelings about the mechanics of this game. I guess if I would’ve played BF and this in real time when they was years apart..... it wouldn’t be so dramatic cuz it would’ve been some time apart. But finishing BF then immediately booting this up is fukking with me.

Mainly I don’t like having the attacks be the trigger buttons and climbing being A.

Also I miss the HUD. I get why they wanted to make it more cleaner to immerse you in this world but I feel lost. Will take time getting use to it. Also the Eagle visions is essentially gone so deciphering enemies has been challenging for.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
To much shyt to clear in this game like the Witcher
How much of this is actually relevant

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
That's disappointing. I keep wanting to buy it but I hear mixed reviews on it. The only bit of this game (Origins) I truly enjoyed was traveling around Egypt. Everything else from the plot to the characters seemed to be thrown together. Still haven't finished it.

I’ve enjoyed Odyssey (still prefer Origins but its successor was still a fun game to get into). It’s very big too, perhaps a lil too big at times. Imma definitely say that your character is basically a demigod with how OP you can really be. The conquest battles are always fun as well as exploring the open seas. But of course, like most Ubisoft games, Odyssey’s conclusion is somewhat anticlimactic but the most interesting thing about it is that you can see what your actions have lead to up to that point. It’s definitely the most RPG-influenced game in the AC franchise.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Yeah i don't think I'm gonna finish this. Spent a bunch of time playing it and I'm burnt out.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I’ve enjoyed Odyssey (still prefer Origins but its successor was still a fun game to get into). It’s very big too, perhaps a lil too big at times. Imma definitely say that your character is basically a demigod with how OP you can really be. The conquest battles are always fun as well as exploring the open seas. But of course, like most Ubisoft games, Odyssey’s conclusion is somewhat anticlimactic but the most interesting thing about it is that you can see what your actions have lead to up to that point. It’s definitely the most RPG-influenced game in the AC franchise.
I ended up buying it from the EGS sale for $10. I'll get to it at some point. Figure I'll get at least $10 worth of fun out of it :yeshrug: