Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4, XB1, PC) OT

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Stop it breh, Origins set the foundation of how AC was gonna be in the future but Odyssey took it to the next level, a game you can sit and play for 4 hours straight and have fun the entire time
It's the opposite for me. I could marathon Origins, couldn't stand Odyssey nor Valhalla.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
It's the opposite for me. I could marathon Origins, couldn't stand Odyssey nor Valhalla.
I'm not gon lie, Odyssey and Valhalla were good games. Valhalla was fukking beautiful up until they started doing all that Thor/Odin shyt.

But Origins was just different. Idk maybe because it was the 1st time I could relate to an AC character because he was African. I was fully invested in Bayek as a character.

I can barely remember the chicks name from Odyssey. The only thing that stood out from that game was the sea warfare. Otherwise, it was very underwhelming.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Ubisoft shot itself in the foot by simultaneously milking AC and by not picking a lane.

Let AC die/end and do open world fantasy games with a new story. This half in half out approach is why people are so split.

I loved the fantasy elements with Odyssey. And just like Rex said, Origins set a nice foundation but Odyssey took it to the next level. The combat was way better too. I couldn't stand the terrible combat system in Origins. It was so janky.

Another thing I wish they would pick a lane with is what gender the protagonist is. Just pick one and tell a story. You fukk things up by trying to be half in the bag with both.

And to Coolest, you say you could identify with Bayek, what was special about him? Other than color, he was just another revenge guy. His story had nothing special about it. At least Cassandra and Alexios were brother and sister and one was the villain. Plus I loved the dlc settings of Heaven, Hell and Atlantis. It's honestly where I would love if they set a new IP. They're great at making settings, just put a great story in it and tighten it all up.

PS. Got nothing against black protagonists. I defend Mafia 3 till this day. Wish Lincoln Clay was in Egypt!

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
And to Coolest, you say you could identify with Bayek, what was special about him? Other than color, he was just another revenge guy. His story had nothing special about it.
The man was trying to salvage and repair a relationship shattered by the loss of a child by his own hand. It was a reluctant revenge drawn out by his wife essentially stringing him along. His whole personality showed out when interacting with kids.