Assassin's Creed Movie Trailer Starring Michael Fassbender 12.21.16

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I deliberately avoided watching trailers to step in the cinema with a blank slate.. it was better than decent but not DAMN.
That mechanical arm shyt is just.. extra. I know they probably did it to incorporate more action and to make the bleeding effect seem more feasible, but that's just not what the animus is.
Why wasn't the main dude Desmond Miles :francis:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I deliberately avoided watching trailers to step in the cinema with a blank slate.. it was better than decent but not DAMN.
That mechanical arm shyt is just.. extra. I know they probably did it to incorporate more action and to make the bleeding effect seem more feasible, but that's just not what the animus is.
Why wasn't the main dude Desmond Miles :francis:

It has potential to fix its kinks in the sequel to gives a good ass movie
So I'm hoping for a sequel
It seems better suited as a tv show tho imo

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
It has potential to fix its kinks in the sequel to gives a good ass movie
So I'm hoping for a sequel
It seems better suited as a tv show tho imo
:blackplatomayne: tv show. i could see that. maybe if netflix picked it up and threw a load of cash at it along with solid actors, along with writers that are actually fans of the games

hopefully if there is a sequel, we'll see altair/ezio :goddamnisaygoddamnmayne:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I dug it brehs :manny:

was it everything I hoped and dreamed for? no
but I didn't go into it with a lot of high expectations.

the action was on point and I think there's definitely potential for a cool franchise :ehh:

Same here nothing can be worse than Independence Day 2 :trash:
Lost years off my life watching that even saw my soul leave my body like a anime or dr strange

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Critics were overreacting to video game movies as usual because this wasn't that bad. It's just a very generic movie. Like despite the minimal characterizations the stuff during the Spanish Inquisition was easily the best stuff in the movie. You could tell Kurzel was in his element with those scenes the most because he really nailed the atmosphere and although it suffers from some shaky cam issues, the action was pretty good. I also appreciate the fact he actually had the (limited) dialogue in those scenes in Spanish, even though they could've easily used the Animus/memory link as an excuse to have all the dialogue in English.

The present day stuff was clearly the red thread of the movie and they had the right idea but it just needed so much work. Like the basic plot threads all make sense but it's like they wrote the plot out on paper, then did nothing with it except fill it up with generic dialogue. The machine-arm Animus made a bit more sense plot-wise too since they emphasized that through synchronization the current day users of the Animus were learning the abilities of their ancestors, but it still looked unnecessarily convoluted and feels like another thing that just needed more thought and work.

But for what it's worth, you can't deny Fassbender was committed. Even if the screenplay left him down dude was fully into the role, probably the highest praise I can give to the movie. In the end it's like a 2.5/5 and if this somehow ends up doing good enough internationally to warrant a sequel, I wouldn't even mind it.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Fukk critics, it was just a bit dumb at times but the actors and action was on point.

Dumb fun movie.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
:ufdup::trash::trash::trash::trash::trash::trash::trash:

The Spanish was all fukked up

Fassbender spanish was horrible and messed up the word apple :mindblown:

The cinematography was :scust:

Straight to DVD :trash:

Highly disappointed the cast however was great although that Asian chick didn't say a word

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Just caught it, I don't think I need to say much. All I can say is that the plot was straight :trash: and they should have built up to the Apple in the past (be 1 basically)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Just watched it.....Not what I expected at all but i'm glad it came out

I think they are setting up a sequel......

I think some lessons were learned about this movie..... I think if they arent stubborn they probably could improve dramatically in the sequel.

I was really hoping this was gonna be the first big videogame movie but it still missed the mark like Hitman, Prince of Persia, Max Payne, like quite a few others.

What scares me is whats gonna happen with Uncharted, Mass Effect, Metal Gear and whatever other videogame movies that are coming down the line

Martha

Last edited: