Ask Hot Rod Anything Thread

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Bro, I just wanna ask something random as fukk. But how was it to smoke with yayo and banks, what did ya use to roll with back in the day. Cuz everybody using grabba or woods and i know that wasnt around back then.

Don't know his answer but Woods been around for ages. Back in the late 90's we was smoking em in DC.

DA_LURKA

#SovereignOfSolitude
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Strictly For My Lurkas...
Bro, I just wanna ask something random as fukk. But how was it to smoke with yayo and banks, what did ya use to roll with back in the day. Cuz everybody using grabba or woods and i know that wasnt around back then.
nikka think backwoods and fronto just came out...
:wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY you still have any G-unit chains?

I’m asking cuz I finally threw out an old piece I had when I was starting a label…I actually regretted it instantly to the point of wanting to dig thru the garbage can and get it due to the sentimental value it had…that being said it damn sure wasn’t no G-unit chain lmao…was curious if you still have one

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SOOOOOOOO.. When I met Don King for the first time....

So I'm in NYC and we were doing promo... That day we were doing the AOL Sessions for my joints and some of 50's mixtape joints with the whole crew.... I'll post them after the story.... I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt on E 42nd and there had to be some kind of convention or conference in town cus the shyt was POPPPINNNNNNNN.. :lawd:

All kinds of businessmen and women running around.. I remember the standard room was like $749 that night, I was like wow my budget is getting raped :huhldup:..

Anyways I get dropped off and check in... As Im in line for VIP check-in this black dude who looked like a fast talking gypsy gets in line behind me. Now Im wearing a black G-Unit hoodie with the hood on (once again), Gold G-Unit chain, Jeans and black chucks... Mind you I'm 6'1 so I do have some sort of a presence wherever I go... So the black gypsy goes "heyyyyyy I know you!! You're in G-Unit right, you signed with 50??" :ooh:

I go "Yeahhh man whats up how u doin?"

Gypsy: "Wow thats crazy, me and my guys were just talkin about you, I need a picture man!!"

Me: "Yeah thats cool, lemme check in and we can make it happen" :obama:

Gypsy: "Thanks!! I have to introduce you to my boss too! He loves your music!!"

Me: "Definitely lets make it happen my man!"

Now at this point I'm wondering how shady this nikka is but he is in the same hotel so I figured he was legit... So as we're in line this nikka is talking about how's G-Unit going and how he wants to do some big business with me and his boss would love to do some shyt as well... He mentioned music for boxers, baseball teams, sponsorship deals and all kids of other shyt.. Im like wow this could be a good situation...

So we ended up checking in at the same time and he goes, yo you got time to meet my boss real quick???

I say "yeah who is it by the way?"

He goes "Don King!!"

Im like ":krs:!!!!! HELL YEAH nikka!!!"

So he goes "lets go, he's over here in the lobby"

So the lobby is hellllla big if you ever been there.. Full of american greed lookin ass nikkas...

We approach this nikka Don King and he's sitting at a table with his Macbook open talkin hella fast to a bunch of asian businessman sitting all around him like he was closing a huge deal.. We sit back waiting for a bit not to be rude obviously. Im lookin at this nikka a little starstruck mixed with "Look at this american greed ass nikka right here.... impressive ;)"

So waiting for about 5 minutes the gypsy walks up to Don King and taps him on the shoulder.. Don looks up and The gypsy waves me over.. I walk over there with a cool little smile on my face and the gypsy puts his hand on my shoulder to introduce me...

This nikka goes... "Mr King, I would like to introduce you to............ THE GAME.... GAME..... Meet Mr. King" :snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

I loooked to the side, (kinda like when will smith would look into the camera on fresh prince) I had this "am i on punk'd" look on my face and shook Don Kings hand without correcting the gypsy, cus at this time, I didn't realize this nikka never said my name the whole 20 minutes we were choppin it up about business and shyt... Don smiles and tells the gypsy to pass me all of his information so we can do business in the future..... Nigggaaa that shyt was so crazyy.. So I thought it would be funny to keep it going so I never told the gypsy who I was.... I subconsciously was makin my voice deeper as I talked to him after that, the shyt was too fun...

So i take a picture with the nikka and get all the info then dip up to my rooom... About an hour passes and I come back down and who do i see? The gypsy across the lobby standing with hella bytches. he looks over and yells "GAME, GAME!!!!!" grabs the bytches and run over to me.. Im like awww fukkkk cuz now i think ima get exposed! The bytches don't realize it, and I take pictures with all of them and get one of the numbers... (Ended up smashin a couple days later :wow:)

At this point Im uncomfortable cus I took the joke too far and my main purpose was to avoid this nikka at all costs... I managed to never see this nikka again and told the story to the fellas later... shyt was legendary.. How this nikka not know that Game wasnt in G-Unit anymore?? It comes to show you how a lot of news is mainly internet based, and people who aren't on forums a lot, or at all, aren't up on news even that major. And bytches don't know ANYTHING but whatever is said on the radio..
Sooooooo yeah thats that story.... To summarize, I was at the Grand Hyatt, I was introduced to Don King as the Game, Met some bytches, fukked one of them and filmed some AOL performances with the team afterwards.... Goooodtimes.... Should get started on this book soon... Love yall nikkas... Hope you enjoyed..

I’ve read thru some of the posts in here but reading this story for the first time…amazing lol

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
@TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY you still have any G-unit chains?

I’m asking cuz I finally threw out an old piece I had when I was starting a label…I actually regretted it instantly to the point of wanting to dig thru the garbage can and get it due to the sentimental value it had…that being said it damn sure wasn’t no G-unit chain lmao…was curious if you still have one

Lol yeah I have one tucked away in a safe. Hella sentimental value :wow:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Do you acknowledge the superiority of New York since Curtis invited you to the big house?:jbhmm:

Nah but when Fif was having certain beefs not go his way like Cam or Game for example, did you ever feel the urge to hop on record to defend the unit? Did anybody stop you?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Have you ever thought of rebranding seeing theirs a lane for older nikkas in this rap game?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
First of all....:salute:

If you've already posted this my bad; but can you talk about your experience in the studio as a recording artist?

How hands on were/are you in the process outside of performing the vocal tracks?

What were your producer/engineer relationships like?

What is your preferred studio set up and why?