Ask Hot Rod Anything Thread

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
My story on how I applied the secret/power of the subconscious mind to get a record deal, ( which I'll add to my other thread as well) goes like this..

Back in 2001-2002 I worked for Verizon... I was with them when they were in a transition phase buying up all of the smaller companies to acquire more cell towers so they would have the biggest network in the world :blessed:

Me being a young nikka out tryna get more bread on top of the 60k+ I was already making with base plus commission, I figured out a way to hustle phones on the side with bills paid for and everything. This was the time when the Motorola V60's was poppin.. I was slangin then hoes for $250 a pop when the retail was about $650 or some shyt like that at the time. I was slanging them to two main resellers on the east coast doing like $$10k a week :wow:

I was mobbin to work with all of the newest phones, car was decked out, designer clothes etc. Long story short, I got snitched on by this fat CAC bytch who thought it was suspicious that I had so many material things on the Verizon salary so they started monitoring my activity through a big brother system :huhldup:

I was hustling successfully for about two months, but they only caught 2 weeks of my activity before they decided to hit a nikka with the "Hey Rod come with me, we need to talk to you" :mjcry:

I was hella sloppy wit it so I understood, but anyways they caught me up and I ended up doing 8 months in Jail for grand theft. They ended up only charging me for $42k worth of stolen cell phones when it shoulda been well over that :lolbron:

So now Im a convicted felon who would be on probation until I paid off the $42k restitution. While on probation I wasn't supposed to leave sacramento county at all or else I would be arrested on a probation violation and sent back to jail. Of course Im like how the fukk am i gonna pay this shyt off? I either have to win the lottery or get a record deal.

It wasnt until I read "The power of the subconscious mind" that I started consciously practicing these techniques consciously... I was recording all day in my room, constantly focused on nothing but music. I was huge 50 fan so that ws also embedded in my subconscious as he was the only nikka I was really listening to during this very targeted time period... My whole focus ws to get a record deal, I never ever even considered G-Unit as a possibility because it was a gangster ass label and my shyt was more swagggy.. So always figured something more like a DTP would make more sense..

Anywho, every night about 2am I would take what i would like to call a "meditation walk".. It was at least an hour of me walking around where I lived, it was really quiet out and I would have interviews about how i just signed my deal, how i was off probation, how its crazy that i signed off of a demo to this major label, how i had cars, money, on MTV, etc.... During these walks i was literally feeling the feelings as if these things were already happening. It was crazy. I didnt really know what i was doing when I first started doing it, I was more just having a goodtime daydreaming so to speak... But the feelings were real.. I was doing that shyt at least 5 nights a week...

So Im on this website called 602streets (A site like the coli but only dedicated to the Arizona hip hop scene) and this guy named Taurus Scott from Arizona makes a thread asking people to send demos so he could submit them to G-Unit.. everyone on the site was like "yeah right nikka, why would u come on here for that?" :duck:

Im more optimistic so i said as long as u aint asking for a submission fee what would i have to lose.. :yeshrug:

Out of all them nikkas on that site only 3 people sent him cd's, me being one of them of course :banderas:

So Im still doing my walks and about 3 months from the time I sent the CD I get a text ffrom the guy saying he wants to holla at me on a conference call

This nikka calls me and goes yo I have 50 on the line :myman:

Im like shut the fukk up nikka stop playin :camby:

50 starts laughing on the line :pachaha:

im like oh shyt??:krs:

This nikka said he was on a flight from NY to LA going thru beats/instrumentals and my demo was in the middle of his cd's :mindblown:

To this day he doesn't know who put the shyt in there.. He thought it wa an old cd of him and he said after having it on repeat for3 hours he told whoo kid he was gonna sign this kid soon as he landed... Im like :noah:

the rest is history... Funny shyt is, things went so fast I violated probation cus my probation officer saw me on MTV and had to charge me cus his supervisor put him on blast.. shyt was hella funny... Soon as I got my advance I paid the 42k off, hired a lawyer and got my felony reduced to a misdameanor and expunged. Free man once again :wow:

Anyways thats my story the best way i could freestyle type it.. hope it made sense.. I believe in that shyt.. Meditation, focus and action causes great things to happen. Im getting deep into quantum physics now and shyt is crazy.. fukks with Gregg Braden real heavy.. Western science is finally catching up to this way of thinking, sounds crazy but the shyt is official in my book... We always gotta remember whether we think we can or we can't, we are always right....

Your other stories have and will get more attention but this is the one people should really be looking at...the power of intention...free game.

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
@TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY did you ever witness anything weird? Like I've seen some other artists on Youtube talk about getting invited to parties where they have rooms with basically origies and all these drugs available. One dude said it was like his initiation into the Illuminati, lol. He said the vibe was so off that he got out of the music industry. Prodigy also spoke about how they control the industry. Katt Williams and Nick Cannon went in on it to.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
How was it being in the studio with Mazaradi Fox? I’ve been running back Blood Angels and Fresh Out The Body Shop and he was one of my favorite goon rappers back then

He had a hoooood ass studio I believe it was in Queens in this traphouse lookin spot. I only recorded one joint there

👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

I walked in and it was hella dim, hellla choppers and bulletproof vests layin around on the floor and a buncha goons on deck smokin weed and drinkin. They was ready for whatever lol. shyt was a straight demon vibe. I laid the verse, kicked it for another 30-45 mins then slid out cuz that shyt felt dark as hell. They definitely wasnt slippin but still they clearly knew nikkas was lookin for Mazi.

The other time I went to the studio was to record a few scenes from the “Bump My shyt” video after Mazi scooped me from Jimmy Henchman’s hood where we were shootin earlier slippin like a mufukka. We set up a green screen and knocked out the performance shots with the goons and a few chicks. Memorable moments fasho

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
He had a hoooood ass studio I believe it was in Queens in this traphouse lookin spot. I only recorded one joint there

👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

I walked in and it was hella dim, hellla choppers and bulletproof vests layin around on the floor and a buncha goons on deck smokin weed and drinkin. They was ready for whatever lol. shyt was a straight demon vibe. I laid the verse, kicked it for another 30-45 mins then slid out cuz that shyt felt dark as hell. They definitely wasnt slippin but still they clearly knew nikkas was lookin for Mazi.

The other time I went to the studio was to record a few scenes from the “Bump My shyt” video after Mazi scooped me from Jimmy Henchman’s hood where we were shootin earlier slippin like a mufukka. We set up a green screen and knocked out the performance shots with the goons and a few chicks. Memorable moments fasho

:ohhh::sadcam::whew::damn:

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
@TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY did you ever witness anything weird? Like I've seen some other artists on Youtube talk about getting invited to parties where they have rooms with basically origies and all these drugs available. One dude said it was like his initiation into the Illuminati, lol. He said the vibe was so off that he got out of the music industry. Prodigy also spoke about how they control the industry. Katt Williams and Nick Cannon went in on it to.

Nah iunno if these nikkas were exaggerating stories or what but I never seen or been invited to no booty goon parties or been told to drink blood and wear a pig mask to join some club 😒

Maybe I didnt get famous enough but nah I never experienced no shyt like that. I feel like nikkas be tryna juice shyt up to make shyt sound more interesting but i may be wrong. I been around, hung out with, partied etc. Wit hella millionaires a couple billionaires and shyt and everything was on some cool shyt so Iunno what vibe them other nikkas gave off to be seeing sooooo much strange “illuminati” shyt.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NY

👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

Wow thank you for posting this!!! This used to be my shyt!! RIP MAZI

not gonna lie this the only song/verse I know from you and I used to spit this shyt word for word back in the day :blessed:

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
Nah iunno if these nikkas were exaggerating stories or what but I never seen or been invited to no booty goon parties or been told to drink blood and wear a pig mask to join some club 😒

Maybe I didnt get famous enough but nah I jever experienced no shyt like that. I feel like nikkas be tryna juice shyt up to make shyt sound more interesting but i may be wrong. I been around, hung out with, partied etc. Wit hella millionaires a couple billionaires and shyt and everything was on some cool shyt so Iunno what vibe them other nikkas gave off to be seeing sooooo much strange “illuminati” shyt.
I feel you. Yeah, if there's any truth to that stuff you gotta be looking at the one telling the story like what made them feel comfortable enough to get at you about joining the party, lol.

This one dude, David Bradley, was a producer at BET and he wrote a book and everything exposing the music industry's secrets. He claimed the senior executive at BET, Stephen Hill was a closet homo that tried to put the moves on him before letting him go.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
I feel you. Yeah, if there's any truth to that stuff you gotta be looking at the one telling the story like what made them feel comfortable enough to get at you about joining the party, lol.

This one dude, David Bradley, was a producer at BET and he wrote a book and everything exposing the music industry's secrets. He claimed the senior executive at BET, Stephen Hill was a closet homo that tried to put the moves on him before letting him go.

Lol just because a rich gay nikka wanted to blow his back out doesn’t make him illuminati. Just means some rich nikka wanted to blow his back out ☠️☠️☠️

I think nikkas are so weirded out by gay shyt that they take the shyt to the extreme if they witness gay shyt. Theres hella gay mufukkas in the world let alone the industry, being surprised by that in 2022 is just ignorance. nikkas be treatin gay ppl like the boogeyman then end up gettin exposed like Buck smh

Daps
@TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Not sure if any variation of this has been sent your way but…

Psychologically how long did it take you to adjust to making it where you wanted to go?

Being known
Traveling
Money
Women at a snap
Expectations

Sounds great but I feel like a lot of these guys sort of lose it because they simply can’t handle what they asked for. Did you ever have a moment where it all felt overwhelming?