Ask Hot Rod Anything Thread

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
@TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Not sure if any variation of this has been sent your way but…

Psychologically how long did it take you to adjust to making it where you wanted to go?

Being known
Traveling
Money
Women at a snap
Expectations

Sounds great but I feel like a lot of these guys sort of lose it because they simply can’t handle what they asked for. Did you ever have a moment where it all felt overwhelming?

I had an ego but it wasn’t super exaggerated so it was hella weird and took a minute to adjust, I'd say maybe 6 - 12 months to get fully comfortable with everything.

The first sign I knew I was in for a long ride was:

One of the producers I brought along with me and got a 5 song production deal with $25k advance hit me up about 2 weeks after he received his advance check.

Producer: Aye Rod, wuttup?

Me: Wussup my nikka whats good?

Producer: Yooo im in a tight spot, can you loan me a few racks, I got rent comin up and I aint got it

Me: nikka u literally just got 25 bands a couple weeks ago, what u mean?

Producer: I paid off all my debt and gave my mom some bread so now im broke again

Me: So u want to go into more debt with me?

Producer: damn its like that? Ight cool man thats fukked up Holla

This nikka really went talking shyt about how im a bad person for not lending him the money. This is the life when u have money, people around u gain instant entitlement and if u say no to their requests you are now the bad guy. shyt was wild the shyt I had to navigate being in my early 20's with friends, family, etc.

But yeah it was weird but after I embraced the fukkery It was all good and a priceless learning experience

Last edited:

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Anyways thats my story the best way i could freestyle type it.. hope it made sense.. I believe in that shyt.. Meditation, focus and action causes great things to happen. Im getting deep into quantum physics now and shyt is crazy.. fukks with Gregg Braden real heavy.. Western science is finally catching up to this way of thinking, sounds crazy but the shyt is official in my book... We always gotta remember whether we think we can or we can't, we are always right....
do you have a list of books that you recommend?

Steven_Realberg

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glenarden,MD✈ K*Town,NC✈ LA,CA
This nikka really went talking shyt about how im a bad person for not lending him the money. This is the life when u have money, people around u gain instant entitlement and if u say no to their requests you are now the bad guy. shyt was wild the shyt I had to navigate being in my early 20's with friends, family, etc.
2:26

Sir Brehsington

Mr. Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsidential Housing
He had a hoooood ass studio I believe it was in Queens in this traphouse lookin spot. I only recorded one joint there

👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

I walked in and it was hella dim, hellla choppers and bulletproof vests layin around on the floor and a buncha goons on deck smokin weed and drinkin. They was ready for whatever lol. shyt was a straight demon vibe. I laid the verse, kicked it for another 30-45 mins then slid out cuz that shyt felt dark as hell. They definitely wasnt slippin but still they clearly knew nikkas was lookin for Mazi.

The other time I went to the studio was to record a few scenes from the “Bump My shyt” video after Mazi scooped me from Jimmy Henchman’s hood where we were shootin earlier slippin like a mufukka. We set up a green screen and knocked out the performance shots with the goons and a few chicks. Memorable moments fasho

Salute breh. This joint stayed in rotation. RIP Mazi, he was from a different cloth.

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
Lol just because a rich gay nikka wanted to blow his back out doesn’t make him illuminati. Just means some rich nikka wanted to blow his back out ☠️☠️☠️

I think nikkas are so weirded out by gay shyt that they take the shyt to the extreme if they witness gay shyt. Theres hella gay mufukkas in the world let alone the industry, being surprised by that in 2022 is just ignorance. nikkas be treatin gay ppl like the boogeyman then end up gettin exposed like Buck smh

Did you ever see Buck do any sus shyt :dame:

No details :whoa:

But did y’all have a feeling he was on that type of timing :jbhmm:

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Did you ever see Buck do any sus shyt :dame:

No details :whoa:

But did y’all have a feeling he was on that type of timing :jbhmm:

Nahhh never saw anything suspect or had any type of feeling that he was on that typa time. I’d never put anything past anyone though.

When all this shyt came out I was just as surprised as everyone else