Ask Hot Rod Anything Thread

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
SOOOOOOOOOOOO... Im at the G-Unit Offices and I'm just chillin waiting to fly back home... I was there for 4 days... I already did a couple photoshoots and a few studio sessions, so today I was leaving to head back home to handle other business at my headquarters. Fif walks in and is talking to the staff and he gets last minute news tht Yayo wouldn't be able to get into London for the next concert at the Hammersmith. He looks over at me and says, tell them to put Rod on the rider, he'll hypeman for me... Print off the set list so he can go over all the songs and learn all the lyrics... He was like "you cool with that??" Im like "hell yeah lets get it"... Now mind you, the show was in 2 days so I had 2 days to learn the whole set. I've never hyped for Fif before so this shyt was nerve-wracking already, cus I didnt want to fukk up... So they change my flight and I stay in NyC...

So one of the interns prints off the set list.........

MANNNNNNNNNN THAT MUTHAFUKKA HAD 30+ SONGS ON IT :why:

I was like, mannnnnnnn I gotta commit from now, til we perform, to learning allll these joints word for word. Now obviously I knew the singles like "In Da Club" and
"WANKSTA" :dead: Sooooo I was focusing on the other joints that I only knew certain parts of... I stay up all night, the next day and next night learning all these records like the back of my dikk... And I'm hella confident at this point cus I went hard, probably too hard... You know when you overthink or over-do some shyt to the point where you end up fukkin up your whole shyt anyway? Anyways..... So....

The day comes we fly out to London from NYC. The whole flight Im rehearsing these joints and im feeling real good... We land and Im super excited, cuz this is my first time in London... It was helllla gloomy and shyt but I wasnt trippin cus its London... Hoes was lookin real nice from the flight to the telly... I forget where we were staying but that shyt was crazy.. You know Fif always gets taken care of like a boss nikka should... So now Im in the room and its still alll business.. Im rehearsing all these tracks and still I feel confident like a muhfukka.....

Showtime is approaching and we all meet up at the designated area... We go over the intro a few times and I have it down 100%, so we head to backstage, greenroom area.. Now in the greenroom was hellla goods....

chicken wings :troll:
barbeque chips :troll:
Hennessy :troll:
Pawgs waiting for photos outside :troll:

etcetera....

Now I dont know about the rest of yall nikkas but I like to take a shot and/or have a few cocktails to take the edge off before a show. shyt, I even drink during the damn show cus it keeps me loose... Especially in this type of situation where it was 5k+ people and my first time Hypeman-ing for Fif... The problem is..... Fif doesn't smoke or drink SOOOOOOOO, he doesn't like when nikkas do that shyt around him... So Im over here starin at the Hennessy and Goose for hella long like :mjcry:

I contemplate, then look over at Fif lke :patrice:

Turn my head hella quick back to the Hennessy like :mjcry:

Turn back around to Fif and this nikka catch me like :birdman:

Im like :noah:.. fukk it lemme chill and grab these wings and try to get a lil Barbeque buzz or somethin.... WRONG BET

This wasn't the time to be trying to perform 100% sober because I've never done that shyt before and I'm a solid performer if ya ask me :myman:

Sooooooo showtime comes up and WhooKid drops the Intro track I hit the stage to do the intro before Fif comes out... I murder the intro so I'm feelin goood.. The crowd is going wild and this shyt is feeling amazing..

After the intro 'What up Gangsta" drops and the Hammersmith goes HAMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Fif runs out super Brolic and this shyt feels like a fukkin movie!! Im energetic hittin all the adlibbs and shyt and everything is all good... Now its so loud, I cant even hear myself and I feel like the mic is missing some of my words and shyt but i might be trippin.. 7 mins into the performance they actually switched my mic out for another one and this one seems to be working fine...

Now "Wanksta" drops and the crowd loses it even more.. everything going fine and for some reason Im mixing words in the fukkin hook up.. Usually as time goes by, you get more comfortable... I still had fukkin butterflies and shyt and now im focusin on what words to say next and shyt.. now Im finished, I can already feel it cuz I saw fif look over a couple times already like wtff... Im mixin up "stop frontin", and "pop somethin" and "got nuthin" and all kinds of shyt.. Im gettin hellla sad cuz this aint a good look..

At the same time im feelin like the mic is still shady so Im pointin at the mic when he looks at me.... I fukk up again and This nikka stops the music...

My Insides were like :damn: but i looked calm... This nikka says something on the mic (I've suppressed certain parts of the story to keep my sanity)
He grabs the mic from me and says "Get the fukk off the stage.. aint nothin wrong with these mics nikka :aicmon:

I mob off the stage heeelllla sad and mad at the same time cus i fukked up and i felt hella embarrassed.... Then he starts checking the mics and says "These mics all good, If I cant do it then.." Then "If I cant" drops and the crowd goes crazy... Now im standing at the back of the stage heeeeeeated ready to go back to my room cuz i felt hella stupid but they convince me to stay cus, leaving would have looked hella shady... So Fif murders the show and puts on a stellar performance as always...

We head back to the back room and he pulled me aside and said "I did that to you cuz you gotta be able to be ready to handle pressure, I hope this was a learning experience... This is just the beginning..." Then he put his arm around me and we all walked back to the Van to head back to the telly. It was a lesson learned and definitely an unforgettable experience.... Looking back, Im glad Worldstar wasn't around cus the amount of people who actually saw the video was pretty limited compared to now.. :whew: (Hopefully they don't do a rewind clip of the week of this shyt) :whoa:

Soooooo we went back to the hotel and I had to take my stress out on something :shaq:

There were some fans in the lobby and I offered to give a couple of them a cool little tour of my room... :shaq:

Long story short we ordered room service, got drunk and I blew both of their backs out like a stressed out real nikka is supposed to...

Bright side of a dusty situation... So yeah thats the London story... hope I didnt forget shyt, im a lil tired, bout to hit these streets... Holla at a nikka with any questions

Love my Coli nikkas and niggettes...

bOy15dH.png

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
SAIGON/MOBB DEEP SITUATION

For the backstory go here - http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...plains-the-origins-of-his-issues-with-prodigy

Sooooo at this time I'm ridin tough with my nikka Nyce cus we were knockin out a mixtape, videos and shyt and we were always in the streets with the Mobb and the affilliates, goons etc... This particular night we were at the studio and were gonna roll out to the Hot 97 showcase at SOB's... Now no one knew who else was gonna be there but that was the least of anyone's worries since nikkas was 30 deep like always... :ahh:

So we're getting the caravans organized, which is a bytch EVERYTIME, cus you know how nikkas be. Everybody's twisted, wrapped, bent, drunk, excited and shyt so imagine trying to be Phil Jackson of this group of nikkas... Always a fun time rounding up the squad. We get the team together and we head out to the city

We pull up and the shyt is JUMPINNN.. We all hop out of vans, cars, trucks, you name it.. We looking like a mobb for real.. The Mobb stays Deep with a crew of real nikkas around them at all times.. (that was kinda corny but fukk it :wow:)

Anyhoo, we're outside rounding up the crew getting ready to walk in.. So we walk in and they direct us through the crowd to the side of the stage. We completely hooded the whole event out, in Deion's 40 time, and you can tell the crowd was shook... Hav and P were leading the way, we were all following the captains...

We get to the side of the stage and all of a sudden nikkas started lookin hyped up yet calm.. Like some news been spreadin.. At this time nobody realized Saigon was on stage rappin the whole time... Finally my nikka Nyce and "W" and a couple other nikkas came up like,

"Look who on stage nikka, that fagget ass nikka Saigon!" :krs:

Im like... "awww shyttt here we go, that nikka slippin.... :ufdup:

So now the goon wolves are sittin there waitin like....

7279402.gif

We alll start walkin up on stage while Saigon is performing and nikkas is stacked up behind him, the dj, basically flooding the rear of the stage...

Im standing more near the side/front of the stage... At any moment Im waiting to see the squad start eatin this nikka, but nikkas was waiting... Havoc runs up there and puts his arm around him and is saying some shyt in his ear... You can feel the tension in the air as no one knew what the fukk was about to go down.. You can tell Sai was nervous cus the situation looked like a setup... So the vibe was, "lets fukk this nikka up, but lets not fukk up the Mobbs show and Hot 97 relationship" A mutual friend of Sai and Mobb was there and he tried to de-fuse the possible mayhem. Sai ran over and hugged him to try to soften the situation as well... After that I saw "Goon X" pretty much say "fukk it" and walk over to Saigon and grab his inner shoulder blades with both hands and try to push him off stage... Now Im not sure why he didnt just snuff him cus that woulda been the moment... He pretty much went half speed and didnt commit to the sneak-snuff that woulda led to Saigon getting stomped out and being turned into Chocolate Saigon Juice...

So the nikka grabs him, everyone gets turnttt and security grabs multiple nikkas and Saigon ends up next to his Dj, Hypeman security behind the Dj table.. :why:

Now he's surrounded by the squad and nikkas are yelling back n forth.. Im on the side watching the shyt while a couple nikkas with me makin sure Im not in any harms way since Im still one of the artists that shouldn't be gettin into bullshyt... This nikka P is standin close enough to Saigon to get snuffed so he was basically slippin.. You can tell Sai looked over at his man and was like....

"Man, Im in a jam.. Ima snuff this nikka P at least once so I dont take this full L and we gon dip out... ight? :mjpls:

On three..... . 1.......... 2.... , SNUFFFFFFFFF, POP.. DIP!!!!!! :damn:

Saigon hit P with a 2 piece combo, hopped on his boys back and rode that nikka off into the sunset :cape:

Goons were throwing glasses and punches at this nikka as he was dippin out and chased him into the ice cold manhattan streets... As Saigon was dippin in between cars, he ended up throwing his watch at one of the nikkas and they picked it up.. All kinda cameras were rolling at this time... Im standing outside the venue chillin doing hella interviews cus nikkas tryna get the scoop.. One of the goons run over and give me this nikka Saigons watch.. it was broken so pretty much worthless.. So now nikkas had me on camera with Saigons broken watch interviewing me about the situation.. shyt looked hella shady.. Im wrapped so Im givin them what they want until we all rounded up the crew and dipped off...

I never knew if they caught up to Sai or anything but.... I know after that Sai was tryna get at me and get my info from Kenan and Kel's wife that I spoke about in an earlier story in this thread.. Page 2-5 not sure which page.. We never met up or spoke but that was that... shyt was crazy.. We ended up back at SOB shortly and the Mobb Performed and cleared up the situation.... Afterwards.. We went back to the studio and nikkas was all pumped and shyt.. I was tryna get in touch with one of my bytches that was up there to smash and that fell thru because of the shady situation :mjcry:

Soooo yeahhh that was my account of that... Energetic night.. got no p*ssy.. ended up hitting another lab and recording some slaps... Memorable night.. Goodtimes

bOy15dH.png

Last edited:

that_boy_kilso

mix engineer
Daps
Reppin
Brasil
Saigon hit P with a 2 piece combo, hopped on his boys back and rode that nikka off into the sunset :cape:

LMAO!!!

Yo, this stories are dope as fukk fam!! Hope to have some like this to tell my grandchild one day, lmao!

ps.: fukk with a fam, follow me on instagram man! shyt even rhymes! hahaha

EVILRICO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS

For the backstory go here - http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...plains-the-origins-of-his-issues-with-prodigy

Sooooo at this time I'm ridin tough with my nikka Nyce cus we were knockin out a mixtape, videos and shyt and we were always in the streets with the Mobb and the affilliates, goons etc... This particular night we were at the studio and were gonna roll out to the Hot 97 showcase at SOB's... Now no one knew who else was gonna be there but that was the least of anyone's worries since nikkas was 30 deep like always... :ahh:

So we're getting the caravans organized, which is a bytch EVERYTIME, cus you know how nikkas be. Everybody's twisted, wrapped, bent, drunk, excited and shyt so imagine trying to be Phil Jackson of this group of nikkas... Always a fun time rounding up the squad. We get the team together and we head out to the city

We pull up and the shyt is JUMPINNN.. We all hop out of vans, cars, trucks, you name it.. We looking like a mobb for real.. The Mobb stays Deep with a crew of real nikkas around them at all times.. (that was kinda corny but fukk it :wow:)

Anyhoo, we're outside rounding up the crew getting ready to walk in.. So we walk in and they direct us through the crowd to the side of the stage. We completely hooded the whole event out, in Deion's 40 time, and you can tell the crowd was shook... Hav and P were leading the way, we were all following the captains...

We get to the side of the stage and all of a sudden nikkas started lookin hyped up yet calm.. Like some news been spreadin.. At this time nobody realized Saigon was on stage rappin the whole time... Finally my nikka Nyce and "W" and a couple other nikkas came up like,

"Look who on stage nikka, that fagget ass nikka Saigon!" :krs:

Im like... "awww shyttt here we go, that nikka slippin.... :ufdup:

So now the goon wolves are sittin there waitin like....

7279402.gif

We alll start walkin up on stage while Saigon is performing and nikkas is stacked up behind him, the dj, basically flooding the rear of the stage...

Im standing more near the side/front of the stage... At any moment Im waiting to see the squad start eatin this nikka, but nikkas was waiting... Havoc runs up there and puts his arm around him and is saying some shyt in his ear... You can feel the tension in the air as no one knew what the fukk was about to go down.. You can tell Sai was nervous cus the situation looked like a setup... So the vibe was, "lets fukk this nikka up, but lets not fukk up the Mobbs show and Hot 97 relationship" A mutual friend of Sai and Mobb was there and he tried to de-fuse the possible mayhem. Sai ran over and hugged him to try to soften the situation as well... After that I saw "Goon X" pretty much say "fukk it" and walk over to Saigon and grab his inner shoulder blades with both hands and try to push him off stage... Now Im not sure why he didnt just snuff him cus that woulda been the moment... He pretty much went half speed and didnt commit to the sneak-snuff that woulda led to Saigon getting stomped out and being turned into Chocolate Saigon Juice...

So the nikka grabs him, everyone gets turnttt and security grabs multiple nikkas and Saigon ends up next to his Dj, Hypeman security behind the Dj table.. :why:

Now he's surrounded by the squad and nikkas are yelling back n forth.. Im on the side watching the shyt while a couple nikkas with me makin sure Im not in any harms way since Im still one of the artists that shouldn't be gettin into bullshyt... This nikka P is standin close enough to Saigon to get snuffed so he was basically slippin.. You can tell Sai looked over at his man and was like....

"Man, Im in a jam.. Ima snuff this nikka P at least once so I dont take this full L and we gon dip out... ight? :mjpls:

On three..... . 1.......... 2.... , SNUFFFFFFFFF, POP.. DIP!!!!!! :damn:

Goons were throwing glasses and punches at this nikka as he was dippin out and chased him into the ice cold manhattan streets... As Saigon was dippin in between cars, he ended up throwing his watch at one of the nikkas and they picked it up.. All kinda cameras were rolling at this time... Im standing outside the venue chillin doing hella interviews cus nikkas tryna get the scoop.. One of the goons run over and give me this nikka Saigons watch.. it was broken so pretty much worthless.. So now nikkas had me on camera with Saigons broken watch interviewing me about the situation.. shyt looked hella shady.. Im wrapped so Im givin them what they want until we all rounded up the crew and dipped off...

I never knew if they caught up to Sai or anything but.... I know after that Sai was tryna get at me and get my info from Kenan and Kel's wife that I spoke about in an earlier story in this thread.. Page 2-5 not sure which page.. We never met up or spoke but that was that... shyt was crazy.. We ended up back at SOB shortly and the Mobb Performed and cleared up the situation.... Afterwards.. We went back to the studio and nikkas was all pumped and shyt.. I was tryna get in touch with one of my bytches that was up there to smash and that fell thru because of the shady situation :mjcry:

Soooo yeahhh that was my account of that... Energetic night.. got no p*ssy.. ended up hitting another lab and recording some slaps... Memorable night.. Goodtimes

bOy15dH.png

So who are these rappers and others in the hiphop world,that people talk about being gay? And have you heard any stories that might be true about the gay mafia in the music biz?

Daps
all the same poster, who show up in threads with "kendricks" name in the title around the same time and pretty much post the same shyt just worded differently..

paid Interscope A&R's

I post in every thread, fukkboi.

a label will never pay people to post on this forum... Coli isn't popular enough for that :dead: :dead: