Ask a Soldier anything pt2

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah city lights was shut down before I left here in 07 if I recall...tacp/jtac (tactical air controllers) are airfoce jobs they control cas from forward...basically they drop bombs highly proficient af dudes. I work in an ac toc and had ac in my tracks even when I was light we would find relaxation lol...when I was heavy the tracks are where we stayed...

Sent from my galaxy S4

:rip: City Lights :to: You made my time in Killeen bearable. :whoo: Memories!

As for the rest of your post? :birdman: I been out since 99. I'd have a better chnce of understanding that if it was written in ancient egyptian.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:rip: City Lights :to: You made my time in Killeen bearable. :whoo: Memories!

As for the rest of your post? :birdman: I been out since 99. I'd have a better chnce of understanding that if it was written in ancient egyptian.

Lol...I be forgetting breh...yeah city lights was the shyt chicks was always down it was always some fukkery...now we have to hit austin of course.

Light- light infantry
Heavy- armor
Tracks- bradley, stryker, 1068-1088
Wheels-stryker, matv, mrap, humvee

Sent from my galaxy S4

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Who get picked on more out of all the branches? :ohreally?:

Did you catch a ether while you was in the AF or Army? :ohreally?:

Did you score good on the asvab?:thatit?:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who get picked on more out of all the branches? :ohreally?:

Navy

Did you catch a ether while you was in the AF or Army? :ohreally?:

Ether?

Did you score good on the asvab?:thatit?:

I have a 117gt not the highest but pretty much good for most non tech or maintenance type jobs.

Sent from my galaxy S4

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol...I be forgetting breh...yeah city lights was the shyt chicks was always down it was always some fukkery...now we have to hit austin of course.

Light- light infantry
Heavy- armor
Tracks- bradley, stryker, 1068-1088
Wheels-stryker, matv, mrap, humvee

Sent from my galaxy S4

:myman: @ the bolded. That's kinda messed up you gotta go all the way to Austin now. Thats an hour away. DWI's must be off the chain. At least in my era there was a back up club in Killeen called Mr. DJ's. I assume that gotta be shut down too? Thanks for the translations! The only thing I slightly understood was 'from forward'. Doesnt that mean like from headquarters or something? And I was in Signal Corps so all that tank talk woulda been foreign to me when I was in. You can see what I was about during my short military career by the shyt I'm asking about and the shyt I cant remember lol.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Good thread. It always kills me when people on this board make wild, dumb ass assumptions about the military.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
I have a 117gt not the highest but pretty much good for most non tech or maintenance type jobs.

Sent from my galaxy S4

Ether mean have u ever got humiliated or embrassed.

Surpised you didnt say af :leon:

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
What type of bs were you dealing with in the af?

Im fixing to graduate next spring and I wanna go in as a officer and do the 20+ service.
I talked to a officer and he was telling me that there's alot of politics when it comes to making rank. Its not about how good you do your job its about how well do your superiors know you.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you do something in the military without having to kill someone or doing something which cause people to die?...well I guess a cook, but do cooks bust guns?

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
What's the best computer (cyber) jobs that transfers to civilian life?
Is it true if you have a Bachelor's degree you can automatically become an officer?
What are the perks of being an officer?
If your main goal is just getting training to get a good civilian job, what positions would you recommend?
Is there any type of program were you do two years active duty and the other two years in the reserves?
I don't have any kids or commitments. What if I wanted to travel and work, without coming home for a year. Like is there a limit to how many tours you can do? And are there any bonuses with each tour?

I have more questions lol. Been thinking about the Navy. I have a Bachelor's in CJ.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Did you get in the military because A. "It's just another job" or B. out of political conviction?

If A. How do you deal with the bs that went/goes down in Afghanistan/Iraq/Guantanamo? Care/don't care?

If B. Has that political conviction evolved (one way or another) since you got in?

DragonZord

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do soldiers rape women and girls in other countries?

Not trying to be disrespectful but a buddy of mine did a tour in afghanistan and he swore that him and his national guard boys would bust into civillian homes and just fukk the shyt out of wives and underage daughters :sitdown:while the dad's couldn't do shyt about it. Then just go about they day like they didn't do shyt.

I always told him I didn't believe his :duck: but never knew anybody else I could ask the truth.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
froggle said:
Can you do something in the military without having to kill someone or doing something which cause people to die?...well I guess a cook, but do cooks bust guns?

LOL, when I was in the NJ Nat'l Guard, I was a Supply Clerk (36C) for the 25oth Support Battalion. I was primarily in charge of ALL the gear my company (HQ) took with them on FTX (field training exercises) which also included ordnance, weapons, tents, etc. My 'Home' unit was the 50th Armored Division out of Ft. Hood, TX but we never went there. Always went to Ft. Drum (10th Mtn. Div.) in upstate NY.

In the USMC, I was a Payroll Clerk (3421) assigned to 3 fighter squadrons that were deployed to the Indian Ocean as part of Operation: Desert Storm. The only dead bodies I saw were the ones we shipped back to the States in bags. Other than that, I was too inebriated to take notice of much of anything for those 6 months.

95% of the people in the military NEVER see combat. For each soldier/warrior on the front line, there's like 20-30 support personnel making sure he gets paid, clothed, fed, transported, housed and attended to medically. You have to request admittance into a combat OS for the most part and they don't take just anybody or stupid people.

EVERYONE'S primary job in the Military is to 'bust guns' when needed. We all had to go through Marksmanship Qualification each year.​

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Do soldiers rape women and girls in other countries?

Not trying to be disrespectful but a buddy of mine did a tour in afghanistan and he swore that him and his national guard boys would bust into civillian homes and just fukk the shyt out of wives and underage daughters :sitdown:while the dad's couldn't do shyt about it. Then just go about they day like they didn't do shyt.

I always told him I didn't believe his :duck: but never knew anybody else I could ask the truth.

:mindblown: Hell no. Do you know how much of an international incident that would be? Not sayin that it has not happened, but dont think we out here in Afghanistan running crazy. EVERYTHING is watched.

DragonZord

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown: Hell no. Do you know how much of an international incident that would be? Not sayin that it has not happened, but dont think we out here in Afghanistan running crazy. EVERYTHING is watched.

:russ:

I thought it was :trash: but you never know til you ask :manny: