Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I think you can catch a ferry there from Barcelona. Partied my ass off when I went in 03 when I lived in Germany. Heard it's a long ass ferry ride tho. 3-8 hours depending on the type of boat you're on
:whoa: I will checkout the Bealiric islands next time. I don't want to spend too much time traveling, only going for 4 days

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So my only experience of driving in Africa was riding around in Zanzibar, that shyt a little to chaotic for me, there are no major 3 lane highways and no lanes in the street let alone getting used to driving on the passenger side. Is it like that there?

Also I'm not looking to go until April, Im spending Xmas in spain tho:ahh:.... But that looks like the plan tho I will keep that in mind for when I do go, and what is the garden route drive a safari?
It's an island though. Roads on most islands are going to be very limited. You cant have wide roads on small islands, they'll take up the whole island lol.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you can catch a ferry there from Barcelona. Partied my ass off when I went in 03 when I lived in Germany. Heard it's a long ass ferry ride tho. 3-8 hours depending on the type of boat you're on

Do you keep your passport on you everywhere you go?

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10f1jcy.jpg

This girl looks like somebody I know. She in SA now? I saw her(or her look alike) in another country(not gonna say)

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
not that bad....only need to get use to driving on the left side of the road. They usually go to 2-4 lanes once you get outside the major provinces. I lived in Japan for a year so I really didn't need an adjustment period. What part of Spain? If you not in Mallorca then you doing it wrong breh breh

:whew: spent soooooo many weeks in Mallorca...got damn son... memories

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
@Lucky_Lefty how are race relations in SA as a breh on the ground compared to america? are whites as prejudiced and oblivious out there? a lot of upward mobility for blacks?

last q, but would it a viable place to move as an ex-pat depending on skillset? i've heard of the brain drain in SA and other african countries in order to cash out in the west

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
@Lucky_Lefty how are race relations in SA as a breh on the ground compared to america? are whites as prejudiced and oblivious out there? a lot of upward mobility for blacks?

last q, but would it a viable place to move as an ex-pat depending on skillset? i've heard of the brain drain in SA and other african countries in order to cash out in the west
Races pretty much keep to their own. I'm in a Afrikaaner central. They give me looks like what are you doing here or why are they bringing a table out for this darkie. I'm real cool with all the restaurant owners by my place and usually , the only person of black skin who isn't a waiter there. Everywhere else I've been I haven't felt anything (minus Bloemfontein...that shyt is like north Mississippi).

Yea it's a lot of upwardly mobile blacks. I mean we do make up 80 plus percent of the population here. In my dealings with industry, starting to notice it's mostly white folks. Seems like they abandoned the political arena and declared they were gonna run the business one. I said in another thread, a few companies I thought were black owned were really owned by white locals/foreigners and just had a black face out in front. I got a crazy story about this one contractor that I'll tell once I leave.

Depending on the industry you're in, you can take in $$$$. I'd just make sure they paid me in USD or British pounds. Economic stability here ain't what's poppin. President switching out finance ministers like Steinbrenner use to do managers. Exchange rate damn near hit 16-1 last week. Brit pound was 23/24-1 because of it. Rand is losing value but the cost of living is still going up. And it's going to get worse before it gets any better.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Ok I'm coming to s. Africa 4-25 and plan on spending two weeks are you still going to be there?