Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That one pic nearest the biggest taxi rank had me :ohhh:

A couple blocks south of the last pic you'll find Nelson Mandela's first law offices.
didn't think they got much bigger than that until i saw the one off the freeway going towards Gold Reef. Joint is humongous. Never knew that about the law office. I'll go check it out. Plan on going through Sophiatown next weekend and walking/riding around. I've already been to Alexandra. Did a calculator/book donation there. The cat (white guy) I was with started getting nervous when folks from the township started coming in droves but he eventually calmed down. Was pretty sweet. Stayed around and had lunch with students/teachers at the school there, even spoke for about 10-15 minutes. I love shyt like that.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
didn't think they got much bigger than that until i saw the one off the freeway going towards Gold Reef. Joint is humongous. Never knew that about the law office. I'll go check it out. Plan on going through Sophiatown next weekend and walking/riding around. I've already been to Alexandra. Did a calculator/book donation there. The cat (white guy) I was with started getting nervous when folks from the township started coming in droves but he eventually calmed down. Was pretty sweet. Stayed around and had lunch with students/teachers at the school there, even spoke for about 10-15 minutes. I love shyt like that.
I heard they take the whole month of December off out there just to chill, have you experienced that? and do you get that much time off?

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I heard they take the whole month of December off out there just to chill, have you experienced that? and do you get that much time off?
we're in the middle of it now....they usually shut it down from mid Dec to mid January. I can literally go outside and lay down in the middle of the road, it's that empty. Everyone has gone to either Durban, Eastern Cape or Cape Town. You get the usual U.S. holidays off along w/ the local SA holidays. And they have a gang of holidays

Rayzah

Daps
we're in the middle of it now....they usually shut it down from mid Dec to mid January. I can literally go outside and lay down in the middle of the road, it's that empty. Everyone has gone to either Durban, Eastern Cape or Cape Town. You get the usual U.S. holidays off along w/ the local SA holidays. And they have a gang of holidays
Man that's what im talking about, the p*ssy ass company I work for only gives us the US holidays and having to work during Ramadan is the WORST.. I need to get away from these dudes they fukking up my overseas experience with their bullshyt.. anyway what part of SA do you recommend a first timer to visit first, I heard Cape town but I know some people talking about going to Pretoria, I told them If they go to Pretoria then I will catch them later was I tripping?

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Man that's what im talking about, the p*ssy ass company I work for only gives us the US holidays and having to work during Ramadan is the WORST.. I need to get away from these dudes they fukking up my overseas experience with their bullshyt.. anyway what part of SA do you recommend a first timer to visit first, I heard Cape town but I know some people talking about going to Pretoria, I told them If they go to Pretoria then I will catch them later was I tripping?
Cape Town is mad cool. Bad broads everywhere. Doesn't feel like SA, at least to me. Durban isn't bad from what I hear. You can come to Pretoria and I can show you cats around. If you want to hop on a flight to Durbs, it's rather cheap. I can go book a r/t ticket for Xmas day and only pay like $150. Good luck getting any type of hotels/accommodations on the coast. Like I said, if you're coming any time before the middle of Jan., everyone is there so the prices skyrocket. Pretoria ain't half bad. If you need a list of embassy approved hotels, let me know and I'll shoot them to you via email

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
anyway what part of SA do you recommend a first timer to visit first, I heard Cape town but I know some people talking about going to Pretoria, I told them If they go to Pretoria then I will catch them later was I tripping?
forgot to answer the first question: Fly into Joburg. Getting around isn't that difficult. Download the Uber app. fukkin game changer over here. I got rid of my personal driver who i was paying like $75USD a week now I just uber everywhere. PTA/Joburg is where you want to be but don't spend all your time here. Real easy to hop around. Could probably catch a hop to Gaborone but I heard it's really country there. Think they stop selling booze there around 8pm so everyone has parking lot/cooler parties and shyt. But let's say you gonna be here for 10 days, I'd max it out like this:

1st day: Recover in Joburg/PTA....jet lag won't be so bad cause I think we're only an hour behind the MidEast, maybe 2
Day 2-4: Rent a car and drive to Kruger. Drive ain't half bad, fantastic views along the way
Day 5-7: Durban or CPT
Day 8-departure: back in Joburg

Anything longer, I'd fly to CPT or Durbs, rent a car and do the Garden Route drive. My boy and his fam doing it after Xmas

Rayzah

Daps
forgot to answer the first question: Fly into Joburg. Getting around isn't that difficult. Download the Uber app. fukkin game changer over here. I got rid of my personal driver who i was paying like $75USD a week now I just uber everywhere. PTA/Joburg is where you want to be but don't spend all your time here. Real easy to hop around. Could probably catch a hop to Gaborone but I heard it's really country there. Think they stop selling booze there around 8pm so everyone has parking lot/cooler parties and shyt. But let's say you gonna be here for 10 days, I'd max it out like this:

1st day: Recover in Joburg/PTA....jet lag won't be so bad cause I think we're only an hour behind the MidEast, maybe 2
Day 2-4: Rent a car and drive to Kruger. Drive ain't half bad, fantastic views along the way
Day 5-7: Durban or CPT
Day 8-departure: back in Joburg

Anything longer, I'd fly to CPT or Durbs, rent a car and do the Garden Route drive. My boy and his fam doing it after Xmas

So my only experience of driving in Africa was riding around in Zanzibar, that shyt a little to chaotic for me, there are no major 3 lane highways and no lanes in the street let alone getting used to driving on the passenger side. Is it like that there?

Also I'm not looking to go until April, Im spending Xmas in spain tho:ahh:.... But that looks like the plan tho I will keep that in mind for when I do go, and what is the garden route drive a safari?

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
So my only experience of driving in Africa was riding around in Zanzibar, that shyt a little to chaotic for me, there are no major 3 lane highways and no lanes in the street let alone getting used to driving on the passenger side. Is it like that there?

Also I'm not looking to go until April, Im spending Xmas in spain tho:ahh:.... But that looks like the plan tho I will keep that in mind for when I do go, and what is the garden route drive a safari?
not that bad....only need to get use to driving on the left side of the road. They usually go to 2-4 lanes once you get outside the major provinces. I lived in Japan for a year so I really didn't need an adjustment period. What part of Spain? If you not in Mallorca then you doing it wrong breh breh

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
So Africa is not a complete shythole like people be makin it seem:blessed:

Still ain't goin back:francis:

Rayzah

Daps
not that bad....only need to get use to driving on the left side of the road. They usually go to 2-4 lanes once you get outside the major provinces. I lived in Japan for a year so I really didn't need an adjustment period. What part of Spain? If you not in Mallorca then you doing it wrong breh breh
:ohhh: no one told me about this place.. Im going to Barcelona.. Ive heard Mallaga, costa del sol, Palma/Malaguf even Ibiza... maybe I can do a day there

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
:ohhh: no one told me about this place.. Im going to Barcelona.. Ive heard Mallaga, costa del sol, Palma/Malaguf even Ibiza... maybe I can do a day there
I think you can catch a ferry there from Barcelona. Partied my ass off when I went in 03 when I lived in Germany. Heard it's a long ass ferry ride tho. 3-8 hours depending on the type of boat you're on