Ask a breh traveling thru Colombia 🇨🇴 & Panama 🇵🇦 anything

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Do both countries use USD ? For first time traveling out the country is it best to go with one of those travel groups or just head out there solo / or with 1 other person. What’s a rough estimate someone should spend out there with food, hotel, travel etc..?
Panama uses strictly USD. Most places accept credit or debit, no issues plus you can withdraw USD from any bank.

Colombia uses pesos… 1 USD = 4000 pesos roughly. Lot of places I hit didn’t accept cards or they’d hit you with a 15-25% fee on top of whatever your bank gets outta you for doing a foreign transaction. I’d say $300 worth of pesos would cover you for a 2 week trip. I could get a taxi for $2, a beer for 40 cents, fish dinner with cocktail for $15.

I’ve been to 10 countries in Latin America, most of them solo. Some of the best experiences I’ve had were meeting other travelers along the way or befriending locals and them showing me around. Some of whom I still keep in contact with regularly.
Were you told to stay away from Colon like I was when I went down to Panama?

Apparently, Colon is the "hood" of Panama and I'm now curious how that city's like.
My moms people is from Colon, I definitely wouldn’t roll through colon without having a local plug with you at all times. Hate to say it, but it’s a dump. Trash everywhere and raw sewage on some streets. It is beautiful to see the strong Caribbean influence the City still has.

You hear patois, see beef pattys, red stripe in a solidly Spanish country

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
1. Which place has better seafood, Colombia or Panama. What's your favorite seafood based dish from both countries?

2. How many dimes did you see in Colombia? :mjlit:
1. Seafood slaps in both countries. Grilled Corvina was my go to in panama, Pargo rojo(red snapper) or mojarra in Colombia. All served whole, seasoned to perfection.

2. Too many to count, every 2 minutes I saw a shorty I wanted to put a kid in

Daps
1. Seafood slaps in both countries. Grilled Corvina was my go to in panama, Pargo rojo(red snapper) or mojarra in Colombia. All served whole, seasoned to perfection.
Any good shellfish-based dishes?

2. Too many to count, every 2 minutes I saw a shorty I wanted to put a kid in
I've seen tour-videos of Colombia and I'm starting to see the appeal. I don't even see overweight women usually, unless they're like old.

Few more questions
Are the beaches better in Panama or Colombia?
Have you been to Brazil before?
US Latinas or South American ones? Like is the baddest one over here better than the dimes over there?

Last edited:

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
As far as Panama, what's the food scene like? Top desserts?

How are the native folks? Nice and forthcoming?

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
Two trains are driving toward one another. The first train leaves Town A at 5am traveling at 60 miles per hour. The second train leaves Town B at 7am traveling at 70 miles per hour. the distance between Town A and Town B is 455 miles. What is the EXACT time that the collision will occur?:obama:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Man I keep saying we need a whole travel sub forum
We got a sub forum for fake wrestling “entertainment” but nothing for traveling. Sad
Any good shellfish-based dishes?

I've seen tour-videos of Colombia and I'm starting to see the appeal. I don't even see overweight women usually, unless they're like old.

Few more questions
Are the beaches better in Panama or Colombia?
Have you been to Brazil before?
US Latinas or South American ones? Like is the baddest one over here better than the dimes over there?
1. I don’t care for shellfish so I cant speak on it

2. I’ve been to beaches in both countries that were mind blowing. Crystal clear water, beach sand that look like flour, coconut palms swaying in the wind. I’ll drop some pics in a few days when I can upload off my camera.

3. Never been to Brazil because the flights are stupidly expensive, I’m talking $900+ every time I look. But definitely on my bucket list

4. I’m Midwest born & raised so I wasn’t really exposed to US Latinas like an east coast or Florida breh would be so I can’t compare. Only Latinas we had in Chicago were box shape Mexicans & Guatemalans and the occasional Puerto Rican dime

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I was in Panama literally four years ago today, then flew over to Colombia to spend time in Medellin and Cartagena. Best vacation I've had.

I wanna go back to Panama again later in the year if I can and this time hit up Barranquila and Medellin afterwards.

I walked around Medellin and Cartagena at night solo and never felt unsafe at all.

Panama felt more like home and I didn't spend enough time out there.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
As far as Panama, what's the food scene like? Top desserts?

How are the native folks? Nice and forthcoming?
Locals are friendly, in my previous trip here I was lost at a bus terminal and a lady stayed with me until I got on the right bus.

Desserts…tres leches, coconut cookies, banana bread, caramelized green plantains with honey lawd

Is Habanos (probably spelling it wrong) still open in Panama. It was a bar/cigar lounge
Yeah that’s still around, popular with tourists