As I get older, I don't want to fall into the trap of.....

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Less than $150k in a decent quiet area. Not ghetto in the least bit.
And I wouldn’t suggest otherwise; however average home price in the US is 400k. 9k ain’t gonna cut it for most of the population.

And before you say “y’all need to leave certain regions”…I’m a Midwest breh like you.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
And I wouldn’t suggest otherwise; however average home price in the US is 400k. 9k ain’t gonna cut it for most of the population.

And before you say “y’all need to leave certain regions”…I’m a Midwest breh like you.

In very high class glitz and glamour cities, yeah.

I can list 10 houses in relatively decent places for under $250k easy. I can also list several $150k homes with the same criteria.

FYI Median is a far better matric than Average when talking statistics

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
In very high class glitz and glamour cities, yeah.

I can list 10 houses in relatively decent places for under $200k easy.

FYI Median is a far better matric than Average when talking statistics
That’s not even high class cities. When you factor in cities like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, chicago, Miami the prices soar. I can show you homes in my area for 200k…I can also show you homes that would have went for 200k 5 years ago, that now go for 600+…mine included.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
That’s not even high class cities. When you factor in cities like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, chicago, Miami the prices soar. I can show you homes in my area for 200k…I can also show you homes that would have went for 200k 5 years ago, that now go for 600+…mine included.

So you want to live in poppin cities for cheap?

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Young folks ain’t the problem. It’s the damn boomers that we need have resentment towards.

They fukked everything up.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I HAVE TO CATCH MYSELF TOO. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC.

IT GOT MUCH EASIER ONCE I REALIZED THAT THE MUSIC WASN'T BEING MADE FOR ME ANYMORE. THE MUSIC I LIKE IS STILL THERE AND THERE ARE PEOPLE STILL MAKING IT. I JUST HAVE TO SUPPORT IT AND LET THESE YOUNGINS HAVE THEIR TIME.

I'M ALL ABOUT BUILDING THESE KIDS UP NOW. I FEEL THAT GUIDANCE IS ACCEPTED MORE WHEN IT COMES FROM A PLACE OF SUPPORT.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Young folks ain’t the problem. It’s the damn boomers that we need have resentment towards.

They fukked everything up.

THAT'S KINDA WRONG TOO. THEY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE SYSTEM THAT WAS IN PLACE AT THE TIME. NOBODY KNEW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN UNTIL AFTERWARDS (EXCEPT SOME shytHEADS AT THE TOP.) THESE BOOMERS DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR CONDITIONS BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIVE IT.

MY FATHER TRIED TO CLOWN ME FOR NOT TAKING MY RESUME DOOR TO DOOR 15 YEARS AGO. MOST THOSE GUYS WORKED 1 JOB FOR 30 YEARS. WTF DO THEY KNOW ABOUT LOOKING FOR JOBS IN TODAY'S WORLD?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Full of shyt or just out of their depth. I feel like we all grew up in different times and as a result cannot provide a 1:1 plan or framework for the youth.
You are absolutely correct.

And instead of acknowledging that fact while speaking to/about the young, many older people:
...developing a resentment towards younger generations, and conveniently blaming them for just about everything that goes wrong in the world.

I hear it all the time from older folks and it's starting to brew from my own peers. The ongoing cycle continues.

"You know what the problem is? It's these young people out here...that's the problem. They don't wanna work....." :comeon:

"I want my kids to have a better life". *16 years later* "These kids have it easy"

vQg7be.gif

tumblr_n7wb6pSqqe1ttjvs0o1_400.jpg

That’s the point of the thread LOL