As I get older, I don't want to fall into the trap of.....

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Said every person who ends up renting 5,8, 10 years. :sas1:

Your logic is so short sided it’s laughable. ‘If I can’t save up enough in 2 years why save up at all’ :snoop:

Now if you’re avoiding rent all together that’s amazing and highly advisable. Live with your folks, have a roommate. THAT makes sense. But mfers are already paying rent that’s the cost of (or more) as a mortgage but refuse to buck up and own. Can’t make this shyt up
Could you buy a house in Los Angeles county today?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I seriously hope millenials and Gen Z are the catalysts to ending generational warfare. Shït's so fückïng stupid.

Everytime I go to chastise my son I try to remember I was a complete dumbass at that age, just so I can give him a little grace.
Yeaaaa…I’ve kinda been getting into it with some of my elders because they are at the point where they are criticizing everyone’s kids (Gen X and Millennials) and I’m like “Yall did not teach us this/that so what did you expect the outcome to be?”

My mom was literally saying that one of my cousins acts like life is a fairytale and doesn’t see the potential bad intentions of others, and in the same breath said “well you know his parents sheltered him so much blah blah blah…” I was like “Well of COURSE he gets caught up in situations if his parents didn’t keep it real with him when he was younger!” Then she just went quiet. Smh

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Every gen has their bad and good. I'm sure Gen Z has as much good as bad like Gen Y did.
Of course.

Every generation is full of shyt. That’s why I speak openly and honestly with ppl who are younger than me.

People lie to and gaslight the youth and wonder why they make shytty decisions, are too trusting, are too sensitive, etc.

I realized that the kids who had to grow up a little faster, had more tough love, and parents who were honest, etc are usually the ones who are better prepared for life’s challenges.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Nah the young are pretty much better about everything...especially general outlook and politics.

Except for my video gaming shyt, they kinda fukking that up with the Fortnite and Gaas consuming lol

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
You're joking right? Go ahead and put 10k down on a 300k house and see where that gets you. It gets you $2,193 dollars a month. That's 26,316 dollars per year. Average salary in the USA is 59,428...adjusted for income tax, you're looking at a shade over 47k.

47K - 26,316= 20,684

That's 1723.00 remaining per month.

Utilities
Transportation costs
Insurance
general upkeep
savings
retirement (good luck with this one)

You can take the starbucks and doordash off the table and it still wouldn't matter, and is a gross overgeneralization. That's why pushback from boomers is disingenuous. They lived in a completely different time, and boomers who are honest with themselves will tell you this, and they actually feel bad for upcoming generations.

Imagine telling someone who has to spend half their income just to sit in an empty building, "suck it up, and stop drinking coffee"
Breh, don't bother.

Laying it out mathematically like this for them never works, they'll just deflect and ignore

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Of course.

Every generation is full of shyt. That’s why I speak openly and honestly with ppl who are younger than me.

People lie to and gaslight the youth and wonder why they make shytty decisions, are too trusting, are too sensitive, etc.

I realized that the kids who had to grow up a little faster, had more tough love, and parents who were honest, etc are usually the ones who are better prepared for life’s challenges.
Full of shyt or just out of their depth. I feel like we all grew up in different times and as a result cannot provide a 1:1 plan or framework for the youth.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
I think your point is good, but when you figure people will make every excuse in the book, you just gotta mind your own business. It's like fat people saying they can't lose weigh. Drunks say they can't stop, etc.

People have 100 excuses on why they can't accomplish something.

Case in point:

My parents bought a house with $9000 down. Very manageable mortgage payments. And they don't live in bumfuk.

What’s the value of the home?
When did they purchase the home?

Also I’m sure your parents have a significant savings to offset the cost of their mortgage. So unless your parents are at the same level of a 20-30 year old, it’s not really the same.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Breh, don't bother.

Laying it out mathematically like this for them never works, they'll just deflect and ignore

Breh I’m trying not to get into these types of debates. The “just get into something” position doesn’t work. This is how people lose their shirts in the housing market.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
When did they purchase the home?

Also I’m sure your parents have a significant savings to offset the cost of their mortgage. So unless your parents are at the same level of a 20-30 year old, it’s not really the svalue.

No, they didn't have significant savings, neither has a college degree. Both work regular degular jobs. They bought before Covid.

They have a starter home in a nice quiet area. Their mortgage is only $1100 compared to $1800 rent. And the house has appreciated about $40,000. Not bad for $9k down.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
No, they didn't have significant savings, neither has a college degree. Both work regular degular jobs. They bought before Covid.

They have a starter home in a nice quiet area. Their mortgage is only $1100 compared to $1800 rent. And the house has appreciated about $40,000. Not bad for $9k down.