As I get older, I don't want to fall into the trap of.....

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I'm 35 and real shyt I feel caught between generations

I appreciate the good values my parents generation tried to instill and wish I woulda listened more BUT on other areas I feel like I gotta push back on some of there BS

I think younger ppl have improved in alit of areas and I don't wanna get so out of touch that I can't communicate good info to them cause I can't engage them BUT other days I just can't w/them
One of them being is the idea of spoiling your kids. I have no problem with giving your kids whatever they want if you have the means to provide, and more importantly, if they are doing everything that is required by them (chores, good grades, obedience, respect for others,.......).

"Spoiling" does not lead to the destructive traits as they make it out to be

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Still not enough for a down substantial down payment that wont leave them house poor. :sas2:

Said every person who ends up renting 5,8, 10 years. :sas1:

Your logic is so short sided it’s laughable. ‘If I can’t save up enough in 2 years why save up at all’ :snoop:

Now if you’re avoiding rent all together that’s amazing and highly advisable. Live with your folks, have a roommate. THAT makes sense. But mfers are already paying rent that’s the cost of (or more) as a mortgage but refuse to buck up and own. Can’t make this shyt up

Braman

Superstar
Daps
One of them being is the idea of spoiling your kids. I have no problem with giving your kids whatever they want if you have the means to provide, and more importantly, if they are doing everything that is required by them (chores, good grades, obedience, respect for others,.......).

"Spoiling" does not lead to the destructive traits as they make it out to be

You can speak to that. Your kids ain’t adults yet

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Best way to do that is to keep up to date with shyt. Watch new movies, peep some new music, explore new ideas. try new restaurants, walk around and experience life etc. I never want to just sit around talking about how such and such used to be better 10+ years ago. Or talking about long lost days when such and such was doing this and that.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
I hate the lack of self pride I see in gen z and the streamer eta. But I respect that they do push back on things millennials never pushed back on.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'm 35 and real shyt I feel caught between generations

I appreciate the good values my parents generation tried to instill and wish I woulda listened more BUT on other areas I feel like I gotta push back on some of there BS

I think younger ppl have improved in alit of areas and I don't wanna get so out of touch that I can't communicate good info to them cause I can't engage them BUT other days I just can't w/them
35-45 is terrific.

That's when some of the most famous CEO's and entrepreneurs are made because they can find the bridges.

NVIDIA for example was found by when Jensen Huang was 30 and the co-founders were 35.
Jeff Bezos found Amazon when he was 30.
Cats who found Netflix were 37-39.

Last edited:

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Said every person who ends up renting 5,8, 10 years. :sas1:

Your logic is so short sided it’s laughable. ‘If I can’t save up enough in 2 years why save up at all’ :snoop:

Now if you’re avoiding rent all together that’s amazing and highly advisable. Live with your folks, have a roommate. THAT makes sense. But mfers are already paying rent that’s the cost of (or more) as a mortgage but refuse to buck up and own. Can’t make this shyt up

And what happens if you put 15k down on a 3-4-500,000 dollar loan? You're going to be paying the same amount as someone renting. I'm sorry you can't understand this, but unless you are putting down a significant amount of money on a down payment, YOU'RE GOING TO BE UNDERWATER.

I paid my house of in March, and it's value has gone up 2.5 times since we initially bought it. How do you think I would have fared putting 15k down on a house that's worth 600,000 dollars? at 3.5% that's a monthly payment of 4,313.00 per month.

By your 15x365 equation it would take me 22 years of me avoiding starbucks and doordash to save up 20% to get my payments within a reasonable amount. And that's today. No telling what it will be in 5 -10 years.

So how is my logic short sided?

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
The problem with Gen Z is that Gen X and Millennials the worst of all time parents. :scust:

They raised the gayest and most caucasoid and Asian wannabe generation ever. :scust:

How the generation that grew up with, Wutang, Mobb Deep, 2Pac, Deayh Row, No Limit, etc. Raise such bytch ass kids? :deadrose:

How y'all grew up when Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's neighborhood, PSAs about everything to make smart decisions and common sense, the perfect balance of physical activity and technology, the coolest era and raise the most non common sense, dumb ass attention whore kids?

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
The the younger gens are better than we were in some ways in some ways they are worse it is what it is.

But the whole "I remember how we were" isn't really a valid excuse for them considering things are supposed to get better, they shouldn't be going through what older gens went through.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
If you're 20+ years older than these kids, you're responsible for how they are acting.

Who's teaching them? The same people that grew up with you.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i have nothing against gen z. i just wish they had better music artists and stopped wearing hoodies in 90-degree heat.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Stop right there. The same youngins you claim can’t afford that are paying $300 in rent to live downtown. They eat out every day if not every meal. They are buying $200 Gallery department shirts.

So yes, it would be the better investment to buy and yes far more than you’d expect can afford it. This is why you need old heads

No, it’s not. Bc you aren’t acknowleding that a ton of young folk have COMPLETELY let go of the rope and are eating out for every meal, every day. Yes that adds up and with a little long term thinking——something youngins have completely thrown out the window bc they love to be victims——you could save money to ‘do all sorts of shyt’. I didn’t specificy owning a home but the list is long. I’m thankful that frugality is in my dna. So even tho I have the means, I still cringe at $15 for lunch, or $20 each time I’m too lazy and order out. Imagine someone who has no cringe and considers that normal. Thats youngins

$15/day x 365 = $5475. Multiply that by 2 years, or 3 years. Etc

I think your point is good, but when you figure people will make every excuse in the book, you just gotta mind your own business. It's like fat people saying they can't lose weigh. Drunks say they can't stop, etc.

People have 100 excuses on why they can't accomplish something.

Case in point:

Still not enough for a down substantial down payment that wont leave them house poor. :sas2:

And what happens if you put 15k down on a 3-4-500,000 dollar loan? You're going to be paying the same amount as someone renting. I'm sorry you can't understand this, but unless you are putting down a significant amount of money on a down payment, YOU'RE GOING TO BE UNDERWATER.

I paid my house of in March, and it's value has gone up 2.5 times since we initially bought it. How do you think I would have fared putting 15k down on a house that's worth 600,000 dollars? at 3.5% that's a monthly payment of 4,313.00 per month.

By your 15x365 equation it would take me 22 years of me avoiding starbucks and doordash to save up 20% to get my payments within a reasonable amount. And that's today. No telling what it will be in 5 -10 years.

So how is my logic short sided?

My parents bought a house with $9000 down. Very manageable mortgage payments. And they don't live in bumfuk.