As I get older, I don't want to fall into the trap of.....

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Man fukk them kids…

One thing life has shown me is a lotta mf’s in society have become who they loathed in their youth. To some it’s selling out. To others it’s growth and having thangs

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nah

Some is justified. When I was 16 I was working, when I was in college I was working part time...

If some kid now refuses to work bc social media has made them feel like they should be a star, then that needs to be pointed out. Especially in the minority community. Bc I see no shortage of middle-upper clasd white kids working summer jobs.
STFu

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Actually…:troll:

It doesn’t cost anywhere near 20% down to buy a house. With FHA/NACA you can close for more like 7-10k

And, mathematically , uh yea if you drink $7 coffees every day and order DoorDash for every meal you could save enough to do all sorts of things

Your post is actually a perfect example of why the discernment of old heads is absolutely needed. Letting young mfers do whatever with no pushback leads to fukkery and normalizing things that make no sense. Ie the entire existence of Starbucks bc wtf @ $7 coffee.

Life is beautiful that way. You don’t know what you don’t know. If you’re under 30 you know nothing about life. :heh: Why? Bc you’re still influenced by and living for pleasure, acceptance, appearance, etc. And you’d have no way of knowing that until you live. Yea man, weird thread :heh:

You're joking right? Go ahead and put 10k down on a 300k house and see where that gets you. It gets you $2,193 dollars a month. That's 26,316 dollars per year. Average salary in the USA is 59,428...adjusted for income tax, you're looking at a shade over 47k.

47K - 26,316= 20,684

That's 1723.00 remaining per month.

Utilities
Transportation costs
Insurance
general upkeep
savings
retirement (good luck with this one)

You can take the starbucks and doordash off the table and it still wouldn't matter, and is a gross overgeneralization. That's why pushback from boomers is disingenuous. They lived in a completely different time, and boomers who are honest with themselves will tell you this, and they actually feel bad for upcoming generations.

Imagine telling someone who has to spend half their income just to sit in an empty building, "suck it up, and stop drinking coffee"

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You're joking right? Go ahead and put 10k down on a 300k house and see where that gets you. It gets you $2,193 dollars a month.

Stop right there. The same youngins you claim can’t afford that are paying $300 in rent to live downtown. They eat out every day if not every meal. They are buying $200 Gallery department shirts.

So yes, it would be the better investment to buy and yes far more than you’d expect can afford it. This is why you need old heads

You can take the starbucks and doordash off the table and it still wouldn't matter, and is a gross overgeneralization. That's why pushback from boomers is disingenuous.

No, it’s not. Bc you aren’t acknowleding that a ton of young folk have COMPLETELY let go of the rope and are eating out for every meal, every day. Yes that adds up and with a little long term thinking——something youngins have completely thrown out the window bc they love to be victims——you could save money to ‘do all sorts of shyt’. I didn’t specificy owning a home but the list is long. I’m thankful that frugality is in my dna. So even tho I have the means, I still cringe at $15 for lunch, or $20 each time I’m too lazy and order out. Imagine someone who has no cringe and considers that normal. Thats youngins

$15/day x 365 = $5475. Multiply that by 2 years, or 3 years. Etc

TL15

Veteran
Daps
As time goes on people tend to have it easier overall. Life expectancy is a major indicator of that.

We shouldn’t blame younger people but should actually try to contribute to an easier path for those younger than us :manny:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The coli doesn’t like any generations :heh:

Resenting any generation period is some clown shyt

I seriously hope millenials and Gen Z are the catalysts to ending generational warfare. Shït's so fückïng stupid.

Everytime I go to chastise my son I try to remember I was a complete dumbass at that age, just so I can give him a little grace.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
That's how I feel about older generations. It feels like they have a lack of self-awareness about younger generations struggles. There is something about having luxuries like having a few streaming services and internet.

It really does feel like they expect you to live in a shytty place with a bunch of roommates to save up 20k to put on a house that was built in the 1950s that will need thousands of dollars in repairs and necessary upgrades.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Stop babying them :manny:
They don't see context like people with more experience do, so you have to be better teachers to get them to see the point :manny:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I'm 35 and real shyt I feel caught between generations

I appreciate the good values my parents generation tried to instill and wish I woulda listened more BUT on other areas I feel like I gotta push back on some of there BS

I think younger ppl have improved in alit of areas and I don't wanna get so out of touch that I can't communicate good info to them cause I can't engage them BUT other days I just can't w/them

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Stop right there. The same youngins you claim can’t afford that are paying $300 in rent to live downtown. They eat out every day if not every meal. They are buying $200 Gallery department shirts.

So yes, it would be the better investment to buy and yes far more than you’d expect can afford it. This is why you need old heads

No, it’s not. Bc you aren’t acknowleding that a ton of young folk have COMPLETELY let go of the rope and are eating out for every meal, every day. Yes that adds up and with a little long term thinking——something youngins have completely thrown out the window bc they love to be victims——you could save money to ‘do all sorts of shyt’. I didn’t specificy owning a home but the list is long. I’m thankful that frugality is in my dna. So even tho I have the means, I still cringe at $15 for lunch, or $20 each time I’m too lazy and order out. Imagine someone who has no cringe and considers that normal. Thats youngins

$15/day x 365 = $5475. Multiply that by 2 years, or 3 years. Etc

Still not enough for a down substantial down payment that wont leave them house poor. :sas2: