As I get older, I don't want to fall into the trap of.....

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
...developing a resentment towards younger generations, and conveniently blaming them for just about everything that goes wrong in the world.

I hear it all the time from older folks and it's starting to brew from my own peers. The ongoing cycle continues.

"You know what the problem is? It's these young people out here...that's the problem. They don't wanna work....." :comeon:

"I want my kids to have a better life". *16 years later* "These kids have it easy"

vQg7be.gif

tumblr_n7wb6pSqqe1ttjvs0o1_400.jpg

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
It's the older ones who phuck the world up for the younger generations. Who has all the money power and extensive body counts buried somewhere.

"Stop crying...Just lay off the avocado toast, and streaming subscriptions and you can afford a house!!! If we could save up enough to put 20% down on a house, so can you!!".

Meanwhile their 20% was 10 grand while Millennials is 100 grand.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Some of the hate towards the younger generation is warranted though - many of these kids think blindly, are being indoctrinated and try to carry out what they think is "correct" and do so using their youthful energy. I don't necessarily think it's a "trap", but should be more the mentality that "Older isn't always worse, younger isn't always better and vice-versa". The real trap is moving away from objective thinking and falling into bias on either side.

We know the dangers and stubbornness of old people. I don't think anyone needs clarification on that. However, at the same time a lot of these young people are naive and ruining industries responsible for critical infrastructure. They get obsessed trying to do things their way and throwing away what is already working as optimal as possible with the current tech. Young people absolutely make the mistake of trying to reinvent the wheel only to make something worse and not as scalable because the new thing isn't the breakthrough they thought it was.

That kind of false and incorrect information is also easy to spread now because of social media. Somebody sees something on Youtube someone else posted and tries to do it at work. Social media spreads information, which includes bad information, like a virus and younger kids are quicker to "opt into" what they see on Tiktok quicker than old people are.

I'm glad some people reeled me in when I was younger because I could've made some bad decisions that'd have affected people's lives and jobs as I thought I knew better than I did at the time. If anything needs to be pushed it should be a better line between both demographics to try and see things for what they are objectively.

This isn't just for work either, but society, culture, etc. Even with the new tech and culture, many of these problems are the exact same thing more experienced people have gone through already. We need to get rid of these biases and one size fits all thinking.

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nah

Some is justified. When I was 16 I was working, when I was in college I was working part time...

If some kid now refuses to work bc social media has made them feel like they should be a star, then that needs to be pointed out. Especially in the minority community. Bc I see no shortage of middle-upper clasd white kids working summer jobs.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
I also try not to do this, because I realize people can have different home lives that influence how they are, plus, shyt is VASTLY different than when I was a younger.

To me, shyt like that goes without saying, but it's easy to scapegoat the youth for dumb shyt when society was always fukked.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
"Stop crying...Just lay off the avocado toast, and streaming subscriptions and you can afford a house!!! If we could save up enough to put 20% down on a house, so can you!!".

Meanwhile their 20% was 10 grand while Millennials is 100 grand.

Actually…:troll:

It doesn’t cost anywhere near 20% down to buy a house. With FHA/NACA you can close for more like 7-10k

And, mathematically , uh yea if you drink $7 coffees every day and order DoorDash for every meal you could save enough to do all sorts of things

Your post is actually a perfect example of why the discernment of old heads is absolutely needed. Letting young mfers do whatever with no pushback leads to fukkery and normalizing things that make no sense. Ie the entire existence of Starbucks bc wtf @ $7 coffee.

Life is beautiful that way. You don’t know what you don’t know. If you’re under 30 you know nothing about life. :heh: Why? Bc you’re still influenced by and living for pleasure, acceptance, appearance, etc. And you’d have no way of knowing that until you live. Yea man, weird thread :heh:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
If you bitter when you old you was bitter when you were young. If you hating on the youth in older age then you was a hating ass nikka all along
This is how i feel about older cats who thirst for women. You were sweatin' them hos as a youngin.....nothing's changed. :heh:

You can't have game when you're younger then suddenly lose it just because you're an older man.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those people dont understand the universal law#TheChildOfMan

But that doesnt mean we should be quiet and not point out younger generations problem. The issue is not taking accountability for our wrong doings that caused them to be a certain way. Or trying to work with them to rectify issues we allowed. We basically scold them for issues we created,then tell them they need to fix it from our lawn chairs:respect: