As black people, we have to come to accept that...

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I don't like the OP's implications that African Americans are just sitting on their asses praying it'll be okay.

In fact it's flat out stupid. Trying to wrap a religion bashing thread in legitimacy and shyt on us instead.

Great job OP. :comeon:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
while i understand what threadstarter is trying to say about taking control of your own situtation and making it better(i agree btw) i just have to say believing in God and being complacent are not mutually exculsive. not all christians are like that. MLK was a Reverend....how complacent was he? just sayin.

Nothing was complacent about him, all the way down to having numerous affairs.

I have a question for you faithful types: mother Theresa died an atheist. Where did she go?:huh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't like the OP's implications that African Americans are just sitting on their asses praying it'll be okay.

In fact it's flat out stupid. Trying to wrap a religion bashing thread in legitimacy and shyt on us instead.

Great job OP. :comeon:

as soemone who goes to church and has been in some of the biggest churches in north america this is a joke.

folks who never go to church speaking about what goes on in church :mindblown:

theres no one who has cancer and is not taking chemo and just hoping the Lord heals them, no they take the medication and pray for strength

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Nothing was complacent about him, all the way down to having numerous affairs.

I have a question for you faithful types: mother Theresa died an atheist. Where did she go?:huh:

She didn't die an Atheist. She had a crisis of faith. You're trying to simplify a complex matter.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Why do you care enough to type paragraph upon paragraph about what the next person believes?

I'm not religious but sometimes you people try too hard to make yourself seem like you're above other black people over the most trivial shyt, and in turn make yourselves look dumb either now or the next topic over.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
tumblr_m6168jf1Nu1rzr3tso1_500.gif

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
It's actually ironic when you think about it

The criticism is that black folks were following the "white man" and his God, but at the same time what are you doing now? This same "white man" now says there is no God and nikkas start to grand stand like they had a revelation out of their own intellect and have come to educate the ignorant masses.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do believe God exist, but he isn't who many of us believe he is. he shows favoritism to whoever he wants. matter of fact, it is in the Bible. "the lord blesseth whomever he wishes to bless" --- biblical words.

u dont have to believe me. u can read through the bible and see instances of God "falling in love" with people in the bible without any reason being given for the attraction.

i.e. solomon. God fell in love with him as a baby. think about that. the newborn hadn't done a thing. but when he was born the Bible said God loved him. same thing with david. ol boy was out in the woods doing his thing. God loved him and set him apart to be king.

so my view is, u cant fight that which is unbeatable. dont pray for God to make u rich or wealthy. pray that he blesses ur efforts, and does not allow earthly forces to hinder your progress. that is the fairest prayer u can send to maker.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps

The criticism is that black folks were following the "white man" and his God, but at the same time what are you doing now? This same "white man" now says there is no God and nikkas start to grand stand like they had a revelation out of their own intellect and have come to educate the ignorant masses.

well damn.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

:russ:

And nikkas still haven't dislodged themselves from the white man's market driven capitalist system and gone to live a nice tribal lifestyle reminiscent to the one their ancestors lived pre CAC.