As a woman, I'm tired of being nice to men

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Sounds like your relationship with him was kind of a flirtatious one. Maybe that wasn't even your intention (sounds like it wasn't). Don't get mad over it though. You shouldn't ever let someone have that much power over you that they then control your emotions, and ruin your mood. What the guy did was kind of a$$hole-ish, but whatever; people are a$$holes. Just keep it professional, and make your main priority your work!!! Thats whats most important. Best of luck!!

brookiecookie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If a girl doesn't have a lot of female friends and gravitates to guys.....there are red flags.

I know exactly what you mean. But that's not me. I work in a male dominated industry and had to adjust. I just honestly can't do catty women and it's just naturally happens because of what I like to talk about

brookiecookie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like you were being too friendly. Why are you texting him when you're bored? Find something else to do. Unless you actually wanna talk to dude.

Low key seems like you're a little hurt that he broke the news to you about his girl and that you did wanna talk to dude. You started your thread off with "He's really attractive.."

It's reasons like this why I don't small talk and bullshyt with women...

For some reason I'm getting a vibe that a creepy dude made this thread :scust: any confirmation on OP?

I didn't initiate the contact. I knew he was attractive so I kinda just fell back but he always was around me and talks to me like I'm just one of his guy friends so I just kinda said fukk it and treated him like a friend. I don't want to be with him. He's cute but it ain't like that.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I know it's sounds simple to move on, but in a tight knit workplace it's difficult. It's just makes me regret like even engaging with him. I usually keep myself more guarded but he acted like every thing was cool

Be honest with your self though? Did you have a little bit of feelings for him?

At a work place it's best to keep cordial and keep people at arms length. Look at this as a good thing. Move on and befriend people outside of work.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Friendship with women just don't work for men and vice versa. Only rare chances is that there has to be MUTUAL zero ounce of attraction. And even then it's stll risky cause then someone will start thinking thoughts like "well he/she always has my back, and would make a great life partner".

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
women don't really know when they're getting to comfy for friend territory or they don't care, i.e. "the friendzone"
as a man if you do/dont want to be with a woman you have to make it explicitly clear or else they will get as clingy as possible without letting you insert your penis

also most men dont really know how to decipher a woman being friendly or being flirtatious, so really this just creates one big confusing cycle until someone says fukk off

brookiecookie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Men don't need women friends. If you think they do either you don't realize that they actually would sleep with you given the chance, or you are ugly and they are indeed just being nice. Cousins and play cousins are exempt from this rule.
I assumed he liked white girls. I don't have problem getting men... I literally just like hanging with him. That's how I've been since college

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I don't understand this idea of males and females not being able to be friends. I have a mixed group of male and female friends. I hang out with both men and women at the same time. I've had a female friend since I was 18 who I've never slept with. She feels like a sister I never had. I do admit that I don't feel as comfortable around females because I often don't have anything in common, but male and female (platonic) friendships exist.