As a nation, Jamaica is the most influential music nation outside of the USA

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
When we say music, do say "modern music" ? Because music didn't begin after WWII brehs. If we talking music from every times, the USA is not a main factor at all because its influence really started with the westernization of the world.
Anyway, if we're talking about contemporary music, I'd say, relatively to the population :
1. Jamaica
2. UK
3. USA

The UK is so influential, it's ridiculous how underestimated they are : trip-hop, dubstep, dnb, jungle, pop, punk rock, ska all came from here or was greatly influenced by the UK. And it's all because of the massive immigration from Jamaica in the 60s, so that's why JA >>>>>

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
@Gifted one
Still stanning me, even though you've been blocked forever :dead:
As long as you don't send private messages referring to Jay-z threads again.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
When we say music, do say "modern music" ? Because music didn't begin after WWII brehs. If we talking music from every times, the USA is not a main factor at all because its influence really started with the westernization of the world.
Anyway, if we're talking about contemporary music, I'd say, relatively to the population :
1. Jamaica
2. UK
3. USA

The UK is so influential, it's ridiculous how underestimated they are : trip-hop, dubstep, dnb, jungle, pop, punk rock, ska all came from here or was greatly influenced by the UK. And it's all because of the massive immigration for Jamaica in the 60s, so that's why JA >>>>>
oh yeah... relative to population its easily Jamaica. The fact that a country of < 3 mill has had such an effect on popular music is pretty fukking astonishing.

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man listen....keep posting articles and clips. im interested in getting into the history of Jamaican and black diaspora music period

we often chastise ourselfs for overemphasis on musical entertainment...saying theirs "no money" it in.... shyt

thats one of the global genres that black people hold a LEGITIMATE GLOBAL MONOPOLY....at least in its conception and creation...ATLEAST

all kinds of crazy miniscule shyt is copy written.....so jus imagine we own the shyt we produced that was bitten...owned the drum patterns...the syhnths that were created..the rhythms...the concepts...etc.....im no musical cat...so yall can take it further...that money would be ridiculous... that shyt would be a black global conglomerate, straight down

it aint what you do, its what you own & enforce..if we took our creativity to other realms just to be position holders in someone elses shyt, itll be the same story in a different game...but if we held legit and majority stock it in it (music), that shyt (music) would be a black global conglomerate, straight down

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
People keep mentioning Jamaica's low population. If population had anything to do with it than Nigeria would be the most influential. Jamaican success owes a great deal to the success of black american music on a global scale

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
People keep mentioning Jamaica's low population. If population had anything to do with it than Nigeria would be the most influential. Jamaican success owes a great deal to the success of black american music on a global scale
Well population has to have something to do with it. I feel you though

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Gifted one
Still stanning me, even though you've been blocked forever :dead:
As long as you don't send private messages referring to Jay-z threads again.
If I'm blocked why do you take the time to respond to me? :heh: you call me a stan when you go through men's pics in the coli to see what I look like, not only are you a stan but you're a fakkit

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Not one fukking mention of King Stitt :dry: he was laying down that sing jay shyt most of these cats have been doing since the 90's back in the early 60's.