IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
British/UK popular music between the 1940's - Pre-British Invasian era

...these dudes would be lost without the American influence:russ::mjlol:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
So is EDM a genre or collective of genres under one umbrella called EDM?

You know how Americans b*stardised Hip Hop and call allsorts of fukkery Hip Hop? Same thing?

Listen to the Brit, Fatboy Slim @ 1:28:44 on the modern tag "EDM" and Electronic Dance Music. Them old school UK'ers no where this sh1t started:blessed:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
All I can think of is Jamaica and the UK. As far as the dumb debate about who was selling people their own product back to them and whatever, thats nonsense.

All of those countries and individual artists have a simbiotic musical relationship and painting artists like Led Zep, The Rolling Stones etc as rip off artists is disingenuous since they undeniably brought their own uniquely influential styles to the table. Everybody has musical influences, thats just the jumping off point for whatever creative ideas that you build on top.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
British/UK popular music between the 1940's - Pre-British Invasian era

...these dudes would be lost without the American influence:russ::mjlol:

This is a thread about Jamaician music. Jamaician and UK music aren't the same, so why are you posting UK music in this thread?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This is a thread about Jamaician music. Jamaician and UK music aren't the same, so why are you posting UK music in this thread?

Thread wasn't entirely about the music of Jamaica. The OP mentioned Jamaica but other nations/areas were mentioned to either counter or to support the OP's opinion. In this case, with USA being number one, the battle for 2nd was clearly between Jamaica and the UK. At some point in the thread, people were saying the UK was more influential than the USA which, I had to shutdown hence why I posted the videos you quoted.

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
as far as nations go I would say

1. USA
2. UK
3. Jamaica
4. Brazil
5. Cuba

as far as ethnic groups go

1. black americans
2. jamaicans
3. whites from the UK
4. white americans
5. afro cubans
6. brazilians

For ethnic groups I have it

1 Black Americans
2 White Americans
3 British
4 Japanese
5 Jamaicans
6 Brazilians

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Everything from punk to dubstep has Jamaican or West Indian origins. You can tell who has some understanding of music history and who have no fuking clue simply by seeing if they put UK in the top 2. I was just listening to Sean Paul's hot97 interview earlier, and him and Ebro was talking bout it too.

Also, shout out to the guy putting Japan for the technology. They def need to be up in the top 3. I dont think half the genres we have today would even exist if it wasn't for Japan. I know hip hop would surely sound different without these gizmos.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Everything from punk to dubstep has Jamaican or West Indian origins. You can tell who has some understanding of music history and who have no fuking clue simply by seeing if they put UK in the top 2. I was just listening to Sean Paul's hot97 interview earlier, and him and Ebro was talking bout it too.

UK 2 is top 2 for the Rock impact (British Invasian) and later EDM but they are below America because those same music's were imported from the USA.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
UK 2 is top 2 for the Rock impact (British Invasian) and later EDM but they are below America because those same music's were imported from the USA.

Those were exactly what I was referring to. All these things UK get credit for exporting, are actually imports.

But then again, the British have been in this business forever. Stealing shyt from India and Africa and selling it like its their own. That was the whole point of colonialism in the first place. Just steal it if you cant afford it.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Those were exactly what I was referring to. All these things UK get credit for exporting, are actually imports.

But then again, the British have been in this business forever. Stealing shyt from India and Africa and selling it like its their own. That was the whole point of colonialism in the first place. Just steal it if you cant afford it.

yeah, based on imports and then with a british take on it

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Strictly in music?

1. African Americans
2. Brits/Caucasian Americans.
3. Irrelevant but reggae is probably up there together with things like salsa and shyt like that. Specially considering the fact that it's strongly connected to a culture, religion etc and not just a genre.

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
If you deny this, you don't have a passport.

End of story.

Cuba has an embargo... Once it's lifted. Cuban music is just as influential, helped created jazz.

But it's all the same shyt. Wherever they took Africans, we worship music