As a nation, Jamaica is the most influential music nation outside of the USA

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
BATTLING which is the characterstic that gives HIP HOP it's unique competitive character was dervived from DANCEHALL REGGAE...

the whole concept of MURDERING or KILLING your competitor in a battle came DIRECTLY from the dancehall NOT NO GOTTDAMN JAZZ MUSIC....

fukkk wrong wit these revisionist wikepedia geeks....
:camby:

if you never been to a reggae clash on Flatbush avenue during the 90's or seen a MC battle uptown pon a new York city corner.....

you will never understand the essence from which ALL OF THIS IS DERIVED :manny:

images

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
WTF are you TALKING about?

Goddamn you're just dense.

Listen to reggae from the mid to late 70s and and tell me you didn't hear dudes rapping like that in 1999.

Having an influence and claiming to create are two different things.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
BATTLING which is the characterstic that gives HIP HOP it's unique competitive character was dervived from DANCEHALL REGGAE...

the whole concept of MURDERING or KILLING your competitor in a battle came DIRECTLY from the dancehall NOT NO GOTTDAMN JAZZ MUSIC....

fukkk wrong wit these revisionist wikepedia geeks....
:camby:

if you never been to a reggae clash on Flatbush avenue during the 90's or seen a MC battle uptown pon a new York city corner.....

you will never understand the essence from which ALL OF THIS IS DERIVED :manny:

C'mon man,you don't see how flawed your argument is by using 90's examples? I posted examples from pre-HipHop and the American ones are closer to the essence of HipHop than the Jamaican ones. I already brought up the point about how you can trace a straight line from the verbal sparring game, the Dozens

to battling on the Mic

Last edited:

sledt

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't read all this thread, but the Beatles, Cat Stevens, Elton John, Eric Clapton and David Bowie kinda makes this thread ridiculous.
UK had the 1960's - 70's on lock

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
the u.k is the most influental region ever...

Madness
Rolling Stones
Beatles
Sting
The Kinks
Oasis
etc etc etc