As a midwest nygga, I don’t understand why you uncultured peasants talk down on Fish and Spaghetti

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I still don’t see the big deal here

It’s not like both are delicacys or something, just 2 different entrees

I’ve probably had it before but didn’t notice it, because honestly it doesn’t sound memorable like chicken/waffles or shrimp/grits

Also, I’m not a spaghetti eating person like that as a whole. My only real memories of it is when my stepmother would make it just to make something quick/easy and in bulk for everyone to eat and tbh, it wasn’t really good and it’s to the point I avoid spaghetti as a whole now, especially without it being traditional with like meatballs or whatever. I don’t even consider it a “black” dish

Been some places where they just make the noodles and throw sauce on it.. no ground beef, nothing. To me that’s pointless

If you eat it, cool. Just doesn’t sound like a black thing to me. Just looked at a few local soul food spots in my area and while catfish is on there, I haven’t seen spaghetti at all.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I have a question, when y’all have fish fry’s down south, what do y’all pair the fish with?

I thought spaghetti was paired by everyone. Didn’t know it was a regional thing.
We eat with pasta...cornbread..red beans...purple hull peas...Black eyes....lima....white beans...greens....salad....dirty rice...gumbo...pick one

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
US Midwesterners preserved the REAL southern culture.
Ion know what yall nikkas on.

giphy.gif

Im not gonna lie that looks fukking amazing. The crispy crackle of the fish with the red marinara sauce dripping :wow:

Idk how people can say this doesnt make sense.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

All traditional black food will have us bending steel chairs.
Especially made in the traditional way.

Taste wise, its actually very close to what you find in West African cuisine which leads me to believe that it was a natural pairing for us.
West Africans will fry fish and marinate it in a tomato sauce or stew and include the addition of a carb like rice or pounded yam.
Its essentially the black American version of that - fried fish, tomato sauce, with pasta as the carb.
All the same elements are there.

20190122095653_IMG_1867-01.jpeg
I guess this could be ok depending on what the sauce taste like

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I never ate fish and spaghetti and thought about no damn Africans :dahell:

Can yall leave us the fukk alone?:dahell:

Why yall don't ever pop up in threads about tacos goddamn:dahell:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
nikkas talking about shyt an ocean away "well in Africa..." ain't nobody asked you about that shyt. Never do that shyt in any other thread. Never seen this in a pizza thread. As soon as we say we like something "nikkas" fall all over themselves to speak on shyt we don't give a fukk about. That shyt crazy