As a midwest nygga, I don’t understand why you uncultured peasants talk down on Fish and Spaghetti

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
:mjlol:

All traditional black food will have us bending steel chairs.
Especially made in the traditional way.

Taste wise, its actually very close to what you find in West African cuisine which leads me to believe that it was a natural pairing for us.
West Africans will fry fish and marinate it in a tomato sauce or stew and include the addition of a carb like rice or pounded yam.
Its essentially the black American version of that - fried fish, tomato sauce, with pasta as the carb.
All the same elements are there.

20190122095653_IMG_1867-01.jpeg
I'm gonna keep it a buck withya breh.

That ish doesn't look good to me.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm from the Midwest, and I'd never heard of fish and spaghetti until the coli. If we had spaghetti, we just had buttered bread with it. I grew up poor though

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
It’s the bougie attitude from Southerners I don’t like. The whole “that don’t go together” is arrogant, like food begins and ends in the South. Anyone that’s ever tried fried catfish and spaghetti will tell you how good this combo is. Throw in some jalapeño cornbread and it’s game over.
:ohlawd:

Y’all eat grits with catfish, and most people I know only eat grits for breakfast with eggs. I’ll try it to see how it tastes, but how dumb would I be to say something doesn’t go together without trying it for myself.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I've never heard of it so I can't really look down on it. I guess if you can put shrimp in pasta you can eat fish with spaghetti. Fish and chips, fish and grits, fish and hush puppies, fish and coleslaw, now fish and spaghetti. Go figure

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
NY nikka. I have never in my life seen or been offered a plate of fish and spaghetti, ever. And we got mad Italian spots that throw down with the seafood. Few black American soul food spots still in the Bronx ain't got no spaghetti whatsoever in there.

When G dep said that in let's get it I thought he was just looking for a rhyme.

Only fish that go even remotely good with saucy garlicky pastas is salmon.

OP get you a plate of Penne Vodka with Salmon and never look back. shyt is slamming. And I don't even fukk with Italian like that.

Fish and spaghetti sound like hood cuisine, struggle meal.

Last edited:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
If any southern brehs are going to know about this nowadays, they’re probably in the deep or mid south (MS, West TN, Ark). Living in Mississippi, we used to eat this. My pop would always fry some fish with the spaghetti, and when my church had fish fries, there was always spaghetti to go with it.

I like both fried fish and spaghetti, so as a southern breh, no looking down on it from me.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
It’s the bougie attitude from Southerners I don’t like. The whole “that don’t go together” is arrogant, like food begins and ends in the South. Anyone that’s ever tried fried catfish and spaghetti will tell you how good this combo is. Throw in some jalapeño cornbread and it’s game over.
:ohlawd:

Y’all eat grits with catfish, and most people I know only eat grits for breakfast with eggs. I’ll try it to see how it tastes, but how dumb would I be to say something doesn’t go together without trying it for myself.

Aye boy look here. Hell nah with all that you talkin bout....:dead:

Last edited:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
:mjlol:

All traditional black food will have us bending steel chairs.
Especially made in the traditional way.

Taste wise, its actually very close to what you find in West African cuisine which leads me to believe that it was a natural pairing for us.
West Africans will fry fish and marinate it in a tomato sauce or stew and include the addition of a carb like rice or pounded yam.
Its essentially the black American version of that - fried fish, tomato sauce, with pasta as the carb.
All the same elements are there.

20190122095653_IMG_1867-01.jpeg
All that then you post this trash.... lol