As a midwest nygga, I don’t understand why you uncultured peasants talk down on Fish and Spaghetti

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
As if fish & grits should be on the same plate...

Gobie1kenobie

Rookie
Daps
:mjlol:

All traditional black food will have us bending steel chairs.
Especially made in the traditional way.

Taste wise, its actually very close to what you find in West African cuisine which leads me to believe that it was a natural pairing for us.
West Africans will fry fish and marinate it in a tomato sauce or stew and include the addition of a carb like rice or pounded yam.
Its essentially the black American version of that - fried fish, tomato sauce, with pasta as the carb.
All the same elements are there.

20190122095653_IMG_1867-01.jpeg
Actually this would be more similar to a dish we used to eat when we used to go visit family in Louisiana. It's spelled courtbouillon but pronounced coo-bee-yan. Somebody correct me if I'm spelling it wrong or saying it wrong. My aunt used to use redfish and cook it in tomato sauce

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
ESPECIALLY you brehs from the south

:gucci:

You country muffukkas will eat pigs feet, pig ass, and pig pussay but act like us real nikkas from STL, Chicago, Detroit, etc are the scum of the earth for daring to eat fish with *gasp* spaghetti.

:dahell:

fukk wrong with y’all?
In Harlem fish is the only option :ufdup:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I'm from Jersey and most of my family from the Carolina's. This isn't unusal. I was at a Virgina fish restaurant outside of Richmond a few months ago with a menu that included a pasta and fish dish. And this is a common dish in Italy.

Yall uncultured as fukk :russ:
Imagine calling this cultured

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I like fish and spaghetti. I like it with whiting or even with salmon cakes. Actually my Brother in law from Ghana remixed it with the hot pepper sauce with the fish paste. My stomach is not bougie.