As a midwest nygga, I don’t understand why you uncultured peasants talk down on Fish and Spaghetti

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:

All traditional black food will have us bending steel chairs.
Especially made in the traditional way.

Taste wise, its actually very close to what you find in West African cuisine which leads me to believe that it was a natural pairing for us.
West Africans will fry fish and marinate it in a tomato sauce or stew and include the addition of a carb like rice or pounded yam.
Its essentially the black American version of that - fried fish, tomato sauce, with pasta as the carb.
All the same elements are there.

20190122095653_IMG_1867-01.jpeg
That's nowhere near the same thing. Stop trying to link us threw African vomit. Where the fukk do you see spaghetti in the picture you posted? You saw red and claim it's a "version" no the fukk it's not. Bet you don't do this with Americanized Italian food

Mugenight

CUINH311
Daps
I have been in Memphis for almost 2 decades and have seen many of you brehs pride themselves on this treat. :skip:
Damn, you just taught me something, but then again, :francis: soft serve is trash to begin with.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This here.

DFW is strictly French Fries.

Houston is either French Fries or Dirty(Cajun)Rice.
Mashed potatoes

Greens (peans/beans included)

Macaroni

Etc.

Spaghetti just sounds kinda random.. but I also think chicken and waffles is random af too. but that seems to be a staple ever since Roscoe’s became popular.

Every region got some random shyt imo though. I’ve seen people put unpeeled shrimp in spaghetti and I’m like “how tf yall supposed to eat this shyt :dahell:

Like, do they eat the shells? Peel the shrimp first/last?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I'm from Jersey and most of my family from the Carolina's. This isn't unusal. I was at a Virgina fish restaurant outside of Richmond a few months ago with a menu that included a pasta and fish dish. And this is a common dish in Italy.

Yall uncultured as fukk :russ:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm from Jersey and most of my family from the Carolina's. This isn't unusal. I was at a Virgina fish restaurant outside of Richmond a few months ago with a menu that included a pasta and fish dish. And this is a common dish in Italy.

This term is about as overused as "Stand on Business" :mjlol:

Last edited:

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
I'm from South GA and never had it. First time I ever heard of it was when we visited a new church in Macon. They had a Fish and Spaghetti night. None of us had ever thought to even eat that together. But looking at that video with that fat girl eating, that shyt does look good. It just initially sounds like overkill. I remember in college my roommate from New Orleans cooked hamburger helper and fried chicken. I had never seen a mf eat hamburger helper as a side. I was shocked :russ: :russ:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I don't rate italian food that highly to be honest, so I have no idea if this is what they're doing. I wouldn't say I don't like pasta, but I think there's better carbs out there that I'd pick before pasta, especially to pair with fish. I can't imagine a good fish and pasta pairing

invalid

Banned
Daps
I don't want to hear any advice on how to eat fish from a land locked citizen :hhh:

The coastline of the Great Lakes is larger than the the coastline of the East Coast and the West Coast. Combined.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
Definitely cooking this on Wednesday night :blessed: Might be lazy and get my lemon pepper catfish from sharks tho :ehh: